• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 22 - Nix @ CCS

booney

Wellington looked in complete control.However their three goals were due to piss poor defending-Miller and Rowles being the main culprits though I felt Birra could have done better for the first goal.
Good footwork from Jair for his goal-Murray couldn't have scored that.
As for Staj what can be done?What coach would want to come here-is a coach killing club.

Josho Howe

The general sentiment all over social media (including me) is just apathy. Tooting my own horn a bit here sorry if it comes off in a certain way but i've put a f**kload of time, money and effort into this club never missing home games and travelling interstate and to NZ and if l am apathetic, then the club is in serious trouble. I've just had a gutful.

I want the club to stay here to represent my home region, but with no changes, what's the f**king point turning up when the result is inevitable? CCM has afforded me the chance to travel and become friends with many people and l will forever be grateful for it, but why should l persist putting up with this? The diehard fans deserve better than being slapped in the face by an owner who doesn't care, has used us for property development and someone who can't afford to put anything more than the bare f**king minimum into the playing squad.

I just feel like giving up and l never ever thought l would feel this way.

Cricko_086

anyone else see Lucy Zelic on twitter;

"You can blame the manager and the players all you like but the biggest disgrace at this football club and in this league is Mike Charlesworth. What has he done for the Mariners? Let's start directing the blame where it's due - the owner"

Wombat

The general sentiment all over social media (including me) is just apathy. Tooting my own horn a bit here sorry if it comes off in a certain way but i've put a f**kload of time, money and effort into this club never missing home games and travelling interstate and to NZ and if l am apathetic, then the club is in serious trouble. I've just had a gutful.

I want the club to stay here to represent my home region, but with no changes, what's the f**king point turning up when the result is inevitable? CCM has afforded me the chance to travel and become friends with many people and l will forever be grateful for it, but why should l persist putting up with this? The diehard fans deserve better than being slapped in the face by an owner who doesn't care, has used us for property development and someone who can't afford to put anything more than the bare f**king minimum into the playing squad.

Jair and Simon gave us much better shape.
DeSilva looked good but no one makes the runs to be fed.
The defence was very poor again.
Clisby is much improved.

I thought both fouls were penalties at the game. We are far to static but i've seen us play worse.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Crowd was 3773:eek:
Incidentally, our lowest ever was against the Nix - 3703 in 18/19. 9 clubs have had lower - including 3 defunct clubs.

8 losses in a row - surely we need to start looking to Staj at this point. We can't just be blaming the lack of funds, surely, given how many basic errors we're making and how far backwards we've gone.

Other clubs are able to do better running at the cap floor - why can't we?

Or is the defence here still that MM spent too much money on the wrong players that are still on contract?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Just watched the goals on Kayo - why is it that our "defenders" don't have the foggiest idea where the attackers are? Just incompetence.
Nizzy's is a stonewall penalty. Clear hand in the back - but I've lost count of how many clear penalties we've been denied. There's no dive - his body motion is completely consistent with a foul and not with a dive. I mean, this was a clearer foul than the pen + RC in the SFC match.
Same with the Jair one - it's a push, there's no 2 ways about it.

Nizz was touched but dived really badly - Jair fouled his defender 1st
I can't even begin to guess how you've come to either of those conclusions.

Elite

Thought Ziggy was very impressive again. I love how he throws himself into every challenge. Pure commitment and no thought for self preservation. Needs to be a part of our core backline long-term imo.

Youngy

mate i feel for you but dont blame Charlesworth
How many millions has he invested.
You would not have a team to support without him.
Yes his decisions on the field have been poor.
Due diligence with mulvey and stajic major examples but obviously he thought he was doing the right thing.
Both mulvey and stajic had full control getting who they wanted.
Stajic splashed out on Oar when he could have had two decent players for that money.
Many more examples.
Not many fans like you so dont give up
Maybe take more interest in what happens behind the scenes at training etc and then you will see where the problems lies.
I was right about mulvey months before most knew what i was talking about.
8 in a row mate
Never coached a mens side
Totally different kettle of fish coaching women
Simple facts

Forum Phoenix

"You can blame the manager and the players all you like but the biggest disgrace at this football club and in this league is Mike Charlesworth. What has he done for the Mariners? Let's start directing the blame where it's due - the owner"

Ironic given the key failure is being able to afford to buy us better players.

But all moot now, because Lucy is obviously planning to buy us and up our budget!

Forum Phoenix

Incidentally, our lowest ever was against the Nix - 3703 in 18/19. 9 clubs have had lower - including 3 defunct clubs.

8 losses in a row - surely we need to start looking to Staj at this point. We can't just be blaming the lack of funds, surely, given how many basic errors we're making and how far backwards we've gone.

Other clubs are able to do better running at the cap floor - why can't we?

Or is the defence here still that MM spent too much money on the wrong players that are still on contract?

Half our squad is wasted money and yeah that’s mostly on other coaches.
Didn't Mulvey sign Oar...

He did.

pjennings

MC's biggest mistake may have been funding Corey Gamiero

onto it

Sadly Miller is showing why he was dropped last week. Having a Barry Crocker
He is too slow and immobile for that role. SO many times the attack comes in behind him,leaving Kim, Stens or out of position Ziggy to do his work. If he can't play as a CB he shouldn't be in the squad.

onto it

There’s definitely something fishy with the attacking coaching. We get into enough positions that we should be able to shoot or play through. Instead we look so clueless every time. Is it players or coaching?
It's both. F'kin useless.

onto it

Gordon is the biggest liability. Soo many weeks now he drops so deep and keeps everyone onside. He has to be dropped
He does it alright. He does one or two things okay but is not A-league material. Unfortunately there is nobody better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami