• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 21 v Western United (A)

Justin Cooney

Update-

Here's another concept, this would be three seperate banners with the main one, the one with the quote along the bottom and then the other one to the right:
WJCeFs7.jpg
Love it. Seems like an awful amount of work just for security to tear it down though.

style_cafe

Love it. Seems like an awful amount of work just for security to tear it down though.

I`d be happy with a simpler banner like:-
"NOT HAPPY MIKE "

It would be the timing of when to unfurl it to get the maximum impact that`s important.
We also need to fill bay 16 so that the security guys take longer to take it down.
Show the league we care about our club...:popcorn:

LFCMariners

Only needs to be unfurled as the teams take to the field though. Because regardless of the crowd who sees it at the game, there'll be plenty more people (including neutrals) watching on TV who'll see it. At the very least, having a well-filled bay display such a tifo and then leave the bay as one will get people talking...

style_cafe

Only needs to be unfurled as the teams take to the field though. Because regardless of the crowd who sees it at the game, there'll be plenty more people (including neutrals) watching on TV who'll see it. At the very least, having a well-filled bay display such a tifo and then leave the bay as one will get people talking...

Brilliant!!
Everyone could follow the security guards out and go back to their original seats.
That way we make our point,get TV coverage but still support the team.
Count me and dad in for sure..:popcorn:

Pirate Pete

Update-

Here's another concept, this would be three seperate banners with the main one, the one with the quote along the bottom and then the other one to the right:
WJCeFs7.jpg
There's a bloke in Newcastle Goes by the name Lawrie.
Give him a call and he'll give you some tips on how to get that past security and into the ground.

Coast Football Ramble

Fox tend to not show any protest banners, which is why we've had to previously move around the eastern stand during the game and unfurl it there a second time.
Even then when watching the replay fox will do their best to not show it, cutting to different cameras etc.

Last edited:

ccm16

Fox tend to not show any protest banners, which is why we've had to previously move around the eastern stand during the game and unfurl it there a second time.
Even then when watching the replay fox will do their best to not show it, cutting to different cameras etc.
The people who need to see it most (management) will see it.

Forum Phoenix

Now we’ve calmed down a little dare i say our offense looked a little more fluid yesterday and with better finishing (i am directly looking at your Mr Murray) we could have scored 4 ourselves in the first half.

Harolds speed and ball control opened up our counter (we are very slow) and one or two better passes or finishing and we could have competed.

it’s way to early but I’d like to see Harold with Koul as that pace might make up for us getting clogged in the middle.

I also wonder if that change in attack lead to the leaks at the back

I think the backline disaster was the result of having two positional changes. Unlike some i was never happy with Ziggy at RB but he’s had some great games at CB.

Miller also made some defensive mistakes last week whereas Ruon grew into having a very good game, but Staj should have made a decision between either Kye or Tongyik. First time for that very young pairing... and these kind of pairings take time to develop even if they are going to work.

Secondly Weemac into the mids. Doesn’t have the work rate or mongrel required. Given time and space he showed what he can do in the first half of Sydney - but without it, he’s no longer able to impact upon games. Add Stens and Kim having poor games and the mental fragility of any last placed side, and we were terrible. Own worst enemies to be sure. But, through some glimpses of quality namely from Harold and Nisbet, plus Clisby’s dead balls. we still had chances, but we lack firepower. I take no comfort in being proven right about Murray. But people really seemed to have next level rose coloured glasses on with him. Where some players are doomed to never be good enough before a ball is even kicked,

Last edited:

ccm16

I reckon we do a banner at some certain minute and then walk out.. maybe have a banner saying something like “walk out for the sake of the club”

Ozhammer

As much as I was all for some form of protest earlier in this thread, we all need to bear in mind that the Nux game is Pink Round and a fundraiser for Gumps’ family. I will therefore be there to show my support for that and the boys, even though I am struggling like everyone on here with the continued cycle of failure.

Justin Cooney

Fox showed the ones where we didn’t win for 303 days, or the banners against the FFA. I don’t see why they wouldn’t show these ones tbh.

Reactions: adz

onto it

they got screamed at by a lot of us .
in the end we f'kn love the club .
unfortunately we haven't been rewarded for our long suffering ,
with a competitive team .

we could have sub four figure crowds next year
if we still have a bunch of kids in yellow shirts
On the other hand, we could have sub-specie two finger crowds if we still have a bunch of overpaid old twats in yellow shirts.

Tevor

As much as I was all for some form of protest earlier in this thread, we all need to bear in mind that the Nux game is Pink Round and a fundraiser for Gumps’ family. I will therefore be there to show my support for that and the boys, even though I am struggling like everyone on here with the continued cycle of failure.
Same, I’ll attend and donate but I’m not wearing the colours. Pink or Yellow, that is my protest. If we don’t lift by 100% the Nux could have a field day. Don’t expect a good result at all.

jacobsfl

Same, I’ll attend and donate but I’m not wearing the colours. Pink or Yellow, that is my protest. If we don’t lift by 100% the Nux could have a field day. Don’t expect a good result at all.
I've got a sick feeling this one will be worse than Western.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb