• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Sydney FC [H]

turbo

We must be watching different games in parallel universes sorry to say Turbo
I dont know where to start with that condescending post. I agree that DDS isnt delivering the end product needed from an AM but he does get through a lot of important work and our midfield is worse for it if he isnt on the pitch or has a poor game which both players have had at times. If you aren't seeing that it might be personal bias getting in the way.

true believer

Yes, it really was an awesome performance from the lads. Most of the starting 11 can hold their heads high. Clisby, Stens, Kim, ZIggy were awesome. The score did not reflect the game.
Stens is a colosus mom the kiwi jedi .clisby at midfield is where he sjould have been playing years ago
Ziggy matched la fonde all day .
God i wish we had an owner that would make kim want to stay .

Caseres is still no one

Jay

I also thought the entire starting 11 were excellent. Miller made his first criminal error of senior pro footy. I won’t crucify the kid for it, because he’s been probably the biggest positive of our season.
DDS was excellent? I do not understand the hate after his efforts to tonight? He probably clocked the most KM’s too. Clisby was good to his credit. Still hate him though.
Sydney’s last 2 goals were high quality. I’ve heard so much about Tillio and tbf he lived up to the hype.
There’s something going on with Sammy on a personal level for sure. The 3 year deal looks dumb now. I’d understand fluctuations in form from a rookie but he was up and just continually dropped. Currently a lame horse.
Tommy was f**king woeful, infuriated me. matty didn’t have long to do anything at all.
It was just the same old story that didn’t include a goal scorer
I agree the starting 11 were excellent and yes Clisby was good irrelevant if you still HATE him ! I am at most games and on a few occasions have watched the training at Tuggarah where I witnessed the positive influence the senior players have on the park especially Simon and McGlinchey. I think in the way we have started in the last 2 games shows how McGlinchey encourages the younger players on the park he never gives the ball away, twice after being substituted the team dipped. Simon is a natural goal scorer he can’t do that from the bench. For the 5 same members who constantly praise Staj go watch the CCM training don’t think he would entice top players for next year this for me explains why Oar wanted out. On a positive note the youth in Montys side are doing well hopefully some can come through.

pjennings

I agree the starting 11 were excellent and yes Clisby was good irrelevant if you still HATE him ! I am at most games and on a few occasions have watched the training at Tuggarah where I witnessed the positive influence the senior players have on the park especially Simon and McGlinchey. I think in the way we have started in the last 2 games shows how McGlinchey encourages the younger players on the park he never gives the ball away, twice after being substituted the team dipped. Simon is a natural goal scorer he can’t do that from the bench. For the 5 same members who constantly praise Staj go watch the CCM training don’t think he would entice top players for next year this for me explains why Oar wanted out. On a positive note the youth in Montys side are doing well hopefully some can come through.

I think McGlinchey has been poor the last season and a half. However, the passing and movement between Josh and him reminded me of why I used to love watching him.

Last edited:

neverwozza

I seem to remember Staj last y

I think McGlinchey has been poor the last season and a half. However, the passing and movement between Josh and him reminded me of why I used to love watching him.

It really makes me wonder what has been going on with him - he's like a completely different player these last two games.

pjennings

It really makes me wonder what has been going on with him - he's like a completely different player these last two games.

I just think that Josh and he have a good understanding. I actually think he makes Josh look better as well. Remember - neither of these two have had consistent minutes and have rarely played together in the first team. Together they gel very well.

Wombat

Oar is a flog. Have you actually watched them training?????? Or just have an axe to grind? Two players last year who could not control the ball then they played 1 or 2 touch........Oar and Golec. (McCormack, WeeJudas and Tommy H were the best)
Simon is not a natural goal scorer in any universe but always looks the best of our strikers at training.

Last edited:

Wombat

And nearly missed a good ole scrap in Bay 16. Thanks for backing us up Jim.

Will always back you boys up. The old hard heads at the back of bay 16 are the only real ticker i see in this club.

I did like the suggestion from Justin that his little crew will join your boys next home game.

I might become a regular in Bay 16 as it is lots of fun.

Was that Dibo I spotted? He was excellent and led many a chant!

Justin Cooney

Will always back you boys up. The old hard heads at the back of bay 16 are the only real ticker i see in this club.

I did like the suggestion from Justin that his little crew will join your boys next home game.

I might become a regular in Bay 16 as it is lots of fun.

Was that Dibo I spotted? He was excellent and led many a chant!
Meeting in the middle would be great! A few beers and smooth everything over seems the best way :cheers:

Wombat

Meeting in the middle would be great! A few beers and smooth everything over seems the best way :cheers:

Dont forget you owe them a few beers Justin coz you boys were gonna get mugged by those Sydney f**ktards. You also owe PP a smoke on the peace pipe.
Your little crew can be very important to Bay 16 but remember your current level and be respectful.

Ironbark

Picked up his game .... you supporting a different team he only has played in 2 games this season get your facts correct please
He played quite a few early on this season and deserved to be dropped. Played most of last season and should have been dropped then too.

These last 2 games have been a pleasure to watch him as this is the McGlinchey of old. For me a pleasure because I always was and am a McGlinchey fan even despite the way he parted with the club last time.
Will he maintain form for the rest of the season? I don't know but really hope so. His interplay has worked and is nice to watch.
Could he maintain it through another contract period? I would bet against it.

Justin Cooney

Dont forget you owe them a few beers Justin coz you boys were gonna get mugged by those Sydney f**ktards. You also owe PP a smoke on the peace pipe.
Your little crew can be very important to Bay 16 but remember your current level and be respectful.
After chatting to a few key members of the YA and the actions from the other night (which I respect the f*ck out of by the way) I hope we can start to move forward with making bay 16 great again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami