• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Sydney FC [H]

Wombat

Tongyik was top shelf

He is the only player that drives forward and it’s really refreshing but he bookended a great game with a dodgy first 5 and last 5.

You wanted to kill Silvera for his stuff up against the drive byes. Tonyiks was even worse and in exactly the same spot.

Justin Cooney

You owe Mick a drink.......thought we were gonna go shoulder to shoulder for a minute there Mick.
Next home game YA and CC middle of the bay again? Last time it worked brilliantly, and I respect lads who look out for others even through all the shit we’ve been through.

jacobsfl

I f***ING hate the A-League! Never have I seen a league so visibly biased towards one team. From the refereeing, to how the league is operated and even down to the imbeciles who get paid to commentate it, you may as well call it the Sydney FC League. Because that's who the hierarchy want to win.
Today we see the usual stuff. Kim pushed by Wilko into an offside position, but VAR somehow didn't see it. Ninkovic diving around like a fish out of water and then Speed says "gee that's smart." Christ
I recall back in the Arnie days they introduced a new role where if a player is caught diving in the box, it resulted in an automatic suspension. You can guess the only player that got suspended under this rule. A Mariner.
When we played in the AFC CL we had a prelim final against WSW (worst fanbase in Australia). We were initially scheduled for the Sunday but due to weather it was forced to be played on the Saturday. We lost, of course. What happened when Sydney FC played AFC CL amid finals? The whole round got postponed
The week after said Mariner was suspended, Brett Emerton did the exact same thing. Punished? Nope.
The fact they got destroyed by Yokohama says a lot about the state of the A-League. I honestly don't know why I watch it every week.
If you somehow can't see the uncanny bias that exists in this league, there's something wrong with you

booney

Silvera's stuff up against the drive bys was due to a lack of effort.At least Tongyik was trying to stop Buhagiar's run but was beaten by his pace.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I f***ING hate the A-League! Never have I seen a league so visibly biased towards one team. From the refereeing, to how the league is operated and even down to the imbeciles who get paid to commentate it, you may as well call it the Sydney FC League. Because that's who the hierarchy want to win.
Today we see the usual stuff. Kim pushed by Wilko into an offside position, but VAR somehow didn't see it. Ninkovic diving around like a fish out of water and then Speed says "gee that's smart." Christ
I recall back in the Arnie days they introduced a new role where if a player is caught diving in the box, it resulted in an automatic suspension. You can guess the only player that got suspended under this rule. A Mariner.
When we played in the AFC CL we had a prelim final against WSW (worst fanbase in Australia). We were initially scheduled for the Sunday but due to weather it was forced to be played on the Saturday. We lost, of course. What happened when Sydney FC played AFC CL amid finals? The whole round got postponed
The week after said Mariner was suspended, Brett Emerton did the exact same thing. Punished? Nope.
The fact they got destroyed by Yokohama says a lot about the state of the A-League. I honestly don't know why I watch it every week.
If you somehow can't see the uncanny bias that exists in this league, there's something wrong with you
Plenty of players were suspended for diving

Michael

I also thought the entire starting 11 were excellent. Miller made his first criminal error of senior pro footy. I won’t crucify the kid for it, because he’s been probably the biggest positive of our season.
DDS was excellent? I do not understand the hate after his efforts to tonight? He probably clocked the most KM’s too. Clisby was good to his credit. Still hate him though.
Sydney’s last 2 goals were high quality. I’ve heard so much about Tillio and tbf he lived up to the hype.
There’s something going on with Sammy on a personal level for sure. The 3 year deal looks dumb now. I’d understand fluctuations in form from a rookie but he was up and just continually dropped. Currently a lame horse.
Tommy was f**king woeful, infuriated me. matty didn’t have long to do anything at all.
It was just the same old story that didn’t include a goal scorer

Ancient Mariner

What is interesting if you go over to the SFC forum and read their comments they are of the opinion Beath ripped them off.

I think it is a comment on the quality of our referees rather than them being biased.

There is only one group in football in Australia who is poorer than both players and referees (compared to the rest of the world) and that is the Foxtel commentators.

jacobsfl

What is interesting if you go over to the SFC forum and read their comments they are of the opinion Beath ripped them off.

I think it is a comment on the quality of our referees rather than them being biased.

There is only one group in football in Australia who is poorer than both players and referees (compared to the rest of the world) and that is the Foxtel commentators.
You have got to be kidding me.

Please send a screenshot sir

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well...we went, I knew I should not bothered putting on my back brace, Knee brace and grabbing me walking stick ....still there were some shining moments ...like when the whole top deck on the railway side were chanting BULLSHIT and YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING ....mind you Sydney were no great shakes either , not till Budgie and the other runt came on and whooped us ....f**king shoulda stayed in bed ..FARK

midfielder

Statement:
Nothing is going to change next year or the year after. MC isn't going to lift the investment in the club because he is looking to sell to somebody who will relocate the club - so why send good money into something that he's getting rid of within the next few years?

I don't have any evidence, for this, but it's a conclusion I've just come to.

Am I crazy, or have I stumbled across his grand plan?

He tried to relocate us before and Gallop told him no... Gallop said you can hand back your licence but you can't move.

In part this was because any new team needed to pay FFA a joining fee license.

Given so many want in and the price of entry I can't see iHal or new FFA allowing him to relocate ..

Today I guess with my guess 1,500 SFC fans we got just over 5k... next match against a non Sydney or Jest team will be lucky to get 3K..

I think there comes a point when we may over stay our welcome... all clubs holding a Hal licence must met certain metric's few do but we are so far off the page it could be used to replace us.

Look at MC's record and nothing to date indicates next season will be any better, but if we finish with the spoon next year, five spoons and two second lasts over 7 years... crowds more than likely under 4k... Woolongong's looking good... so too is Canberra... I reckon the knives are being sharpen now...

Season === Place
=== 1====== 3 =
=== 2 ====== 6 =
=== 3====== 1 =
=== 4====== 4 =
=== 5====== 8 =
=== 6====== 2 =
=== 7====== 1 =
=== 8====== 2=
=== 9====== 3 =
===10======8 =
===11======spoon =
===12======8 =
===13======spoon =
===14======spoon =
===15======spoon = this year
=== 16 ===== ???????? next year...

Ozhammer

Whilst I am still licking yet another fresh wound, I have to shout out to the boys (well the starting 11 anyway) for really taking the game to SFC for the middle 80 minutes. It was an unfortunate error by Miller in the ninth minute and speaking to him post-game I would be confident he has learned something from it, so fair play to him. I can almost cop that we conceded two goals in the dying stages when throwing everything at Sydney, as it’s better to die on your feet than live on your knees as the adage says.

As much as I am still angry at MC for not funding the team (and the club) properly, I think the team played its heart out tonight and only the lack of front third quality cost the game. The deliberate $300k underspend could potentially have bought in one exceptional striker or even two decent ones.

Ah MC, you’ve done it again....:headbutt:

Reactions: adz

true believer

He is the only player that drives forward and it’s really refreshing but he bookended a great game with a dodgy first 5 and last 5.

You wanted to kill Silvera for his stuff up against the drive byes. Tonyiks was even worse and in exactly the same spot.
yeah silvera through a game when it counted .it was a heart thing . silvera was shit ,,,,,,,, again

Last edited:

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Lots of defence of DDS. I get he runs a lot but I reiterate my point that he makes the wrong decision in attack 99 times out of 100. A headless chook. Mostly it involves holding onto the ball too long. When an early pass is needed he takes an extra touch. When a shot is on he takes an extra touch etc. So many times when an attack breaks down it comes down to DDS. I appreciate effort and running but for his position there needs to be end product and guess what our issue has been this season... (And the last upteen).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred