• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Sydney FC [H]

Ancient Mariner

I can't believe the pussy reaction from some of you so called supporters.

Why post on here when you dont have the gumption to actually SUPPORT your team.

Part time supporters.

Clubs are built upon their supporters, real supporters are rusted on and turn up week after week in the rain and in through the tough times that never appear to end. These real supporters are the strength of any club. They may hate the owner, they may hate the coach, they may think that some of the players are overpaid imposters.
Owners, coaches and players are only a transient part of the Club who pass through. The only things that are constant is the club's name and the its supporters.

YOU are the CLUB.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

FFS we all miss games through various reasons. But whenever I do I feel guilty about letting the Club down.
I would be too ashamed to advertise here that I was not attending unless it was to excuse myself with a valid reason.
While I obviously took the other aproach (sort of....I figure watching on Kayo still counts), I still liked your post out of respect for your passion in putting your view forward. Each to their own, I understand why some are sick of going, and I understand why some may wish to advertise that and some may not, and I also understand why your approach is to outlive the physical stadium itself in cheering on the club :overheadl:

Elite

I'll be there. Can't convince any of my mates to attend tonight so I'll be ridin' solo unfortunately. Might jump into the bay tonight and hopefully meet some new faces. In recent history, we have tended to put up a decent fight against Sydney so fingers crossed that continues tonight.

I get it. It's such a shit hollow feeling, consistently walking out of CCS after a loss. Especially on a Sunday leading into the working week, but I can't imagine having the ability to go to a home game and choosing not to support my team. COYY!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Let me just add to my spitting of CCM based depression
The shit part is ..we play well , we just can’t buy a regular fkn goal ....that’s the crushing bit
ANYWAY....COYY

Ads

I still reckon we could have Berisha / Lefondre or Ronaldo and still struggle.

The confidence of those moving the ball up the pitch and providing the chances for the finisher is about as low as my bank account.

And playing with front 3 gives the unconscious idea that no one takes full responsibility as ‘the striker’.

The front three will take a few shot from far out but no one sits right on the last man and waits for that diagonal sprint and then slot shot to the bottom corners.

Better play last week but still massive floors in structure, tactics and now we have missed the boat on start of season confidence and enthusiasm.

Ozhammer

Clubs are built upon their supporters, real supporters are rusted on and turn up week after week in the rain and in through the tough times that never appear to end. These real supporters are the strength of any club. They may hate the owner, they may hate the coach, they may think that some of the players are overpaid imposters.
Owners, coaches and players are only a transient part of the Club who pass through. The only things that are constant is the club's name and the its supporters.

YOU are the CLUB.
Great post AM and I whilst agree with all of what you say, how do we fans send a signal to the club that enough is enough?

My main gripe is that the club’s current state is a DELIBERATE choice, due to MC not wishing to fully fund the club he OWNS and the lack of apparent activity (or at least the actual success of it) in January, means that CCM may very well end up being the first team in HAL history to finish 11th, just to add yet another unwanted record to the current list.

As a lifelong football fan, I know all about the ups and downs of being a supporter and I am utterly passionate about wanting our local club to be both viable and competitive but the fact is that the owner’s current strategy makes that all but impossible and that’s my beef. I would be happy for CCM to be the perennial battlers and can always accept being beaten by a better opponent but when I know that the team is deliberately under-resourced both on and off the pitch, that is unforgivable in my view.

MC simply has to find a way to at least allow CCM to spend the full cap AND have the minimum necessary resources within the football department, or he is failing in his duty as the club’s owner end of. Fans pay their memberships in good faith and are therefore entitled to the expectation that the owner should be fulfilling his side of the bargain as part of that contract. If he only wants to commit to spending 75% of the required amount, perhaps we should all demand a 25% reduction of membership costs in return?

I will be there today as always and have even persuaded my other half to come against her better judgement but I remain angry and frustrated by the fact that the current club strategy has robbed me of any joy from supporting my local side. Accordingly, MC and the rest of the club’s management therefore need to lift their game considerably and give us all a club and team that we can once again be proud to support.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I still reckon we could have Berisha / Lefondre or Ronaldo and still struggle.

The confidence of those moving the ball up the pitch and providing the chances for the finisher is about as low as my bank account.

And playing with front 3 gives the unconscious idea that no one takes full responsibility as ‘the striker’.

The front three will take a few shot from far out but no one sits right on the last man and waits for that diagonal sprint and then slot shot to the bottom corners.

Better play last week but still massive floors in structure, tactics and now we have missed the boat on start of season confidence and enthusiasm.
Perhaps they have no confidence moving the ball up the pitch because there's no point in doing so - and unfortunately they're not the sort of mids particularly capable of scoring themselves.

Josho Howe

Everyone is entitled to do what they wanna do in regards to attending a football match or not, no one should force anyone to go. For the record I'll be there with a beer in hand shouting encouraging words and probably some swear words in 16 like every other home game. Beers and swears ole

marinermick

Great post AM and I whilst agree with all of what you say, how do we fans send a signal to the club that enough is enough?

My main gripe is that the club’s current state is a DELIBERATE choice, due to MC not wishing to fully fund the club he OWNS and the lack of apparent activity (or at least the actual success of it) in January, means that CCM may very well end up being the first team in HAL history to finish 11th, just to add yet another unwanted record to the current list.

As a lifelong football fan, I know all about the ups and downs of being a supporter and I am utterly passionate about wanting our local club to be both viable and competitive but the fact is that the owner’s current strategy makes that all but impossible and that’s my beef. I would be happy for CCM to be the perennial battlers and can always accept being beaten by a better opponent but when I know that the team is deliberately under-resourced both on and off the pitch, that is unforgivable in my view.

MC simply has to find a way to at least allow CCM to spend the full cap AND have the minimum necessary resources within the football department, or he is failing in his duty as the club’s owner end of. Fans pay their memberships in good faith and are therefore entitled to the expectation that the owner should be fulfilling his side of the bargain as part of that contract. If he only wants to commit to spending 75% of the required amount, perhaps we should all demand a 25% reduction of membership costs in return?

I will be there today as always and have even persuaded my other half to come against her better judgement but I remain angry and frustrated by the fact that the current club strategy has robbed me of any joy from supporting my local side. Accordingly, MC and the rest of the club’s management therefore need to lift their game considerably and give us all a club and team that we can once again be proud to support.

Spot on. Club owners don’t realise that we are also stakeholders and also lose money every year to watch the Mariners.

I would argue that someone like Josh Howe spends a greater percentage of his income on the Mariners and supporting the team than MC does. We all sacrifice other things in our lives to pay for and support the Mariners. When do those other things outweigh the pain, suffering and humiliation we have to endure on a near weekly basis?

I can understand people walking away. They are not any less supporters in my eyes and to ridicule them by calling them not real supporters is totally wrong.

Last edited:

Josho Howe

Spot on. Club owners don’t realise that we are also stakeholders and also lose money every year to watch the Mariners.

I would argue that someone like Josh Howe spends a greater percentage of his income on the Mariners and supporting the team than MC does. We all sacrifice other things in our lives to pay for and support the Mariners. When do those other things outweigh the pain, suffering and humiliation we have to endure on a near weekly basis?

I can understand people walking away. They are not any less supporters in my eyes and to ridicule them by not calling them not real supporters is totally wrong.

Thanks for the shout out Mick. I don't go to as many games as possible for acknowledgement, it's just a way of me being able to include the Mariners in a thing l love to do and that's travelling. Luckily for me, the reason l am able to do away days is via a weekend job l have had for a few years where the only time l touch the account is to pay for whatever 2-3 interstate trips l wanna do a season. Otherwise, l wouldn't be able to afford it.

I can understand people saying ''why waste your money on this shit'' which l fully understand and that is something l always think about before booking to go anywhere, but it's just something that l like to do. I supported the club in good times, l have supported them a hell of a lot more in the bad, so all you can hope for is that we turn it around but who knows when or even if that's gonna happen.

Wombat

I can understand people walking away. They are not any less supporters in my eyes and to ridicule them by calling them not real supporters is totally wrong.

When someone would rather watch it on TV than drive 10 Mins to the game. Its not great support is it?

Ancient Mariner

Probably worth a big thread of its own and a worthwhile discussion.

Briefly I suspect he already knows that fans are pissed off. The question is why is he carrying on with an unsuccessful strategy?

Many things have to be discovered first?
Is he seeing a massive turnaround in football in Australia with clubs becoming desirable? If so I guess he does not see this happen quickly.
Why did he originally buy into the Mariners?
Why did he buy out the other owners spending many more millions, both then and in the succeeding years, than his original investment, rather than walking away and taking a (comparatively) small loss against this further investment?
What are his future plans and how long term are they?
How much money does he really have?

How to send an "effective" message to him needs at least some knowledge of the answers to these questions.

I have my ideas and maybe will start another thread with them.
Here is about the game.

Ancient Mariner

You raise a very valid point which can lead on to the question, "How much do football club owners have a moral obligation to the fans who support the club?"

Could be an interesting philosophical debate. Possibly one for the new thread that I may start.

onto it

Perhaps they have no confidence moving the ball up the pitch because there's no point in doing so - and unfortunately they're not the sort of mids particularly capable of scoring themselves.

I have to disagree there Capn. Duric has scored, Stens has come close, GG scored.... I think the midfield has been our biggest strength throughout the season. Defence has improved as well - moslty due to Ziggys finding his mojo at last, in my view.

As for strikers. In my view we have none. SS got one good goal but has been absent otherwise. Mat has done his bit part but the others may as well not exist.

It will take time to replace the deadwood, but at least we don't have relegation (yet). It's a slow and painful pathway to improvement.

As for tonight's game. I'm predicting a win.

Ironbark

FFS we all miss games through various reasons. But whenever I do I feel guilty about letting the Club down.
I would be too ashamed to advertise here that I was not attending unless it was to excuse myself with a valid reason.
I'm a member and so haven't pulled financial support. But I won't be attending this home game today as a means of protest. Let the numbers show MC the slow but ever impending death of our club and maybe something will happen.
It's gotten beyond bullsh*t frankly.
We fans are treated with utter contempt but are expected to play on as if nothing is rotten. It is, and it it NOT ok and there are precious few ways we can take a stand.

Last edited:

Ironbark

Happy with the starting 11

CCM STARTING XI: 1.Birighitti 2.Gordon 3.Clisby 4.Kim 8.McGlinchey 11.DeSilva 18.Stensness 21.Tongyik 24.Harold 26.Nisbet 27.Miller

SUBS: 12,7,9,10,17,19,29

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred