• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Sydney FC [H]

marinermick

Given that Djuric was checking in to a bar on social media in Adelaide Tuesday night, and Kim was back in Korea, I am not sure if those two will play either.

turbo

Would explain Melling coming back in, DM stocks looking pretty thin if Kim is out leaving Stensness and Nisbet starting.

Tevor

Given that Djuric was checking in to a bar on social media in Adelaide Tuesday night, and Kim was back in Korea, I am not sure if those two will play either.
I seen Duric catch the plane back to Sydney with the squad on Saturday arvo so not sure how accurate the checking in on social media is.

turbo

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Patrick FLOTTMANN, 3.Ben WARLAND, 4.Alex WILKINSON (c), 6.Ryan McGOWAN, 8. Paulo RETRE, 9. Adam LE FONDRE, 10. Milos NINKOVIC, 11. Kosta BARBAROUSES, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 16.Joel KING, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Luke IVANOVIC, 20. Thomas HEWARD-BELLE, 21.Harry VAN DER SAAG, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 24.Marco TILIO, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Jordi SWIBEL, 28.Calem NIEUWENHOF.**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 3. Ben WARLAND (return from injury), 24.Marco TILIO (promoted), 27.Jordi SWIBEL (promoted), 28.Calem NIEUWENHOF (promoted).

Outs:

Unavailable: 5.Alex BAUMJOHANN (suspended – 1 match), 7. Michael ZULLO (calf), 19.Chris ZUVELA (knee).

onto it

• Sydney FC have lost only one of their last 16 Hyundai A-League games against Central Coast Mariners (W12, D3) and are undefeated in their last six meetings (W4, D2).
  • The Mariners have led at halftime in four of their last seven Hyundai A-League games against Sydney FC; however, they’ve picked up just one win from those four games (D2, L1).
  • The Sky Blues have a shooting accuracy of 56.3% this Hyundai A-League season – the highest of any team. Indeed, only once in the last eight seasons have they had a higher shooting accuracy (56.6% in 2017/18).
  • Only Western United FC (12) have conceded the opening goal of the game on more occasions this Hyundai A-League campaign than Central Coast (11); The Mariners have gained just three points from those 11 games (W1, L10).
source - aleague.com.au

Some pretty grim stats.
Shit, and how many minutes on average per game was the wind blowing from the SSE?
Hey, you could be the a TV commentator JC. You know, the one who is obsessed with historical data. They do it because they seem to know nothing about what is going in in front of their faces. - so nah, maybe it's not for you.
Lets be like Leicester of a few years ago and defy the odds! Lets be like.... second from the bottom!

onto it

Would explain Melling coming back in, DM stocks looking pretty thin if Kim is out leaving Stensness and Nisbet starting.
But what a pairing. For a couple of kids, those two compliment each other very well.
I've been saying it all season... heh heh.

Michael

not sure about this one Mick.
Players often post photos etc days after they’re taken.
Kim has posted many many photos of himself back in korea and videos of his dog that is still in Korea this season, without he himself being there.

marinermick

not sure about this one Mick.
Players often post photos etc days after they’re taken.
Kim has posted many many photos of himself back in korea and videos of his dog that is still in Korea this season, without he himself being there.

Possibly but he checked in and everything

Michael

Possibly but he checked in and everything

fair enough to assume based off what you saw but it wasn’t the case.
The only player who stayed a day or 2 longer in Adelaide was DRD because he had to travel to Holland with the U20’s with a couple of the Adelaide boys.

Ironbark

Prediction: lowest crowd of the season to date. There'll be a travelling Sydney contingent but discussions with the man in the street is along the lines of 'why would I go enjoy another definite loss'.

Anecdotes are not data though, so we'll see.

Wombat

Duric and Kim were both on the Coast on Tuesday.

I would guess DDS' omission is a typo. He was also in full training

Pirate Pete

Prediction: lowest crowd of the season to date. There'll be a travelling Sydney contingent but discussions with the man in the street is along the lines of 'why would I go enjoy another definite loss'.

I don't think so Waspish. I'll be bringing a young'un along. Whether he likes it or not.
I bought my son a three game pass and he hasn't been yet, so I am going to take some kid from the surf club who had a Mariners Tshirt when I was down there last week. His Dad may come too. If anyone sees what appears to be a kidnapping in the Killcare area on Sunday, that'll be me dragging the kid into my car.
I think the smurfs will swell the numbers this time.

I'm half watching the game tonight. How we didn't score against Adelaide as they've let five in now is beyond me. Also how WSW didn't give the Jests a good hiding too.

turbo

Doubt it with the bring a mate for free offer. I think that will keep it reasonable. Otherwise yeah would be bad as there’s no reason to be optimistic against top of the table.

onto it

Sorry, it didn't come across well JC. I meant to say you know more than the commentators who do nothing but belt out statistics.
I prefer the other one in the commentary partnership who can actually give some insight into the action.

Reactions: adz

jacobsfl

Sorry, it didn't come across well JC. I meant to say you know more than the commentators who do nothing but belt out statistics.
I prefer the other one in the commentary partnership who can actually give some insight into the action.
You didn't. Understood.

It is, admittedly, a career path I would love to pursue.

Reactions: adz

Michael

Duric and Kim were both on the Coast on Tuesday.

I would guess DDS' omission is a typo. He was also in full training

yeah some kind of clarity would be nice.
Was it last week he was named on the bench then they put out a second line up and he wasn’t in it?
I hope there hasn’t been another dummy spit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred