• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd23 - Roar @ Suncorp

Forum Phoenix

Refs faulting is meaningless. Couple of clear chances on the counter. DDS needed to give it to Muzz. I know we're all critical of his finishing but l think he would have finished that off. Had time and space and was on a good angle. We are our own worst enemy not the officials.

Yep had to lay it off to Murray. DDS is such a double edged sword. Terrible decision maker. Muzz should have also finished it afterwards though.

AuzDutchy

You really have to feel for the defence today, best defensive effort we've put in for a while and the forwards just couldnt score.

I think Staj got his lineup a bit wrong for this one and Jair should have started over Murray.

Miller needs to be told to back himself and take on his man.

Forum Phoenix

Mcglinchy on to energise the midfield rather than the front.
I think as much as Staj wanted a goal,
he wanted it to stay to a small deficit even more.

Playing safe to keep the losses small and keep his job. Plus save embarrassment

Duric did nothing after a terrific first 30. Just like last week. He's a brilliant footballer, but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to have even half a game in him at the moment. Should have been our first sub and subbed early IMO. Stens gets too tired trying to do much, then makes errors and poor decisions.

Better game. Good mental performance by and large for a team on such a big losing streak. Well done to the players and coaching team. But football is a game of such small margins. One pass laid off... or Murray responds quicker and or gets hist studs over the ball to finish... Clisby steps up even just half a second quicker...and a different result most likely.

We've played our share of games where we were deservedly beaten, but we've also had at least half a dozen games we could have/should have won or drawn, that boiled down to only a small handful of individual errors.

There's still a lot of improvement needed. But strengthen our squad with 4 or 5 more genuine HAL level players, and we should be able to tip enough games in our favour to compete mid table at least.

turbo

Yep had to lay it off to Murray. DDS is such a double edged sword. Terrible decision maker. Muzz should have also finished it afterwards though.
At the time I felt like Murray was too wide and not quite in the right position to expect the pass. Haven’t rewatched it since though but that was my gut feeling about why DDS took a (poor) shot instead.

soccer mad

Observation time i think Stsj has succumbed that this is done and his rotational roster is to see who he will keep or let go . Otherwise not a bad performance ladt night

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, at least they only got one ....MOM ..probably Tongers ....the former New Zealand knights must be sitting around with their fingers crossed that we make them the 2nd worst team in HAL history

Forum Phoenix

At the time I felt like Murray was too wide and not quite in the right position to expect the pass. Haven’t rewatched it since though but that was my gut feeling about why DDS took a (poor) shot instead.

Yeah I watched it a couple of times, Muzz was in a strong position. DDS either selfish, doesn't look, or doesn't trust Murray.

onto it

Simply awful side that knows its beaten when it runs out - Thanks Mike
I agree that it's the case with most of the team. As they come out of the tunnel they don't even have the self confidence, arrogance or pride to look up tot he crowd.
They look down in preemptive shame.

LFCMariners

Didn't watch the game, didn't even bother to look at the score until earlier tonight at the gym after glancing at the table on the HAL page. That Scott McDonald goal...FFS. I'd love to see a graph since they introduced the VAR of how often every team has had decisions overturned in their favour. Because I literally can't remember a VAR decision that has been in the favour of CCM since the F3D last season when Snake had to re-take that penalty because of goal-line encroachment.

It's a pity because the Tards are stinking pretty bad right now and if (IF, massive IF) CCM could do the treble over that lot this season I'd consider that a win. Yet...they are one of the iconic teams of the HAL and we aren't. It must be so sweet to follow a club and know that if their fortunes ever went how ours have over the past 4 or 5 seasons, the league would've intervened long ago. It shouldn't have taken a Lucy Zelic rant this week for the greater A-League fanbase to pay more attention.

And now we don't even get to protest the next home game either...FMD.

Drew

I'd love to see a graph since they introduced the VAR of how often every team has had decisions overturned in their favour. Because I literally can't remember a VAR decision that has been in the favour of CCM since the F3D last season when Snake had to re-take that penalty because of goal-line encroachment.
The first penalty given to us in stoppage time vs Victory went to VAR and was overturned in our favour, but before that who knows when it was

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami