• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Tevor

Budget issues perhaps?
Only real explanation, he wanted more money than the academy was willing to pay him. I’m assuming we don’t pay very well but offer the opportunity for a league minutes. If a young player wants more money then go elsewhere and get it but not necessarily get the a league opportunities. Although we might see others using younger players a bit more after our success. Look at City and their recent signings as an example and whilst a plastic club they do give youth a go more than others like SFC and WSW.

Michael

The more I’ve thought about the Bayliss situation I’ve realised/remembered. Since Monty has been coaching, if we’ve lost some academy players roughly 8/10 times we’ve brought in a better prospect OR another one from u18/20’s has stepped up relatively quickly. So I think and hope they’ve signed a better prospect to replace Lachie (tough ask this time though)
I still refuse to believe there’s budget issues given the transfer fee success we’ve had in the past 18months.

priorpeter

Only real explanation, he wanted more money than the academy was willing to pay him. I’m assuming we don’t pay very well but offer the opportunity for a league minutes. If a young player wants more money then go elsewhere and get it but not necessarily get the a league opportunities. Although we might see others using younger players a bit more after our success. Look at City and their recent signings as an example and whilst a plastic club they do give youth a go more than others like SFC and WSW.
Just wanted his scholarship renewed, wasn’t after any more than that.

Rising Sun

Thought that was the case.
Still disappointed that we “couldn’t afford” to renew Lachie’s scholar, especially with his attacking output over the last season and a half - top goal scorer, assists, and chances created for 2022 and (so far) 2023, FNSW L1 player of the season and golden boot 2022 - and still only 18. Hardly as if his development had stalled or he wasn’t performing. Still, that’s way above my pay grade so I’ll enjoy his last game and watch with interest where he ends up.
Is he definitely only 18? I have seen some sites list his dob as July 04 but others as July 02.

Given the quality he is showing at NPL level (on the back of being the NPL 1 golden boot last year), it seems like a bad decision to let him walk, regardless of age. But a bizarre decision if he is killing it in NPL and still not turned 19

JoyfulPenguin

Is he definitely only 18? I have seen some sites list his dob as July 04 but others as July 02.

Given the quality he is showing at NPL level (on the back of being the NPL 1 golden boot last year), it seems like a bad decision to let him walk, regardless of age. But a bizarre decision if he is killing it in NPL and still not turned 19
Players like Jaden Casella have been a similar age and performed argueably worse at NPL 1 level then easily handled the step up to the A-League.

I am sure their a reasons why and I trust Monty but it does seem a strange one.

true believer

watched the girls .a dower game with mount druitt parking the bus from the start.
a solid game from piriz and murray at the back
there were number of chargers through the middle by Rasmussen. skittling the opposition
but no real direct chances .
in the last 20 minutes the mariners lifted against a tiring MT druitt side .
that relied on the pace of boateng to try and catch the mariners . she slipped through on one occasion but was marshalled wide .
with bainsfair exulting a lift from the attack . carlson skinned the mt druitt left a number of times
with murphy doing a similar job on the mt druitt right .
when it looked like mt druitt had macgyvered a draw . another sortie from Nenadovic and smith .led to a goal from bainsfar to shoot home and secure the mariners all 3 points . for the table top mariners

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred