• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v $ydney FC

kevrenor

marinersman said:
..... One positive was monkey boy being sent off. I hate that prick .....

:goodpost:

I don't understand why people rate him ... he was ordinary in youth league, and still is. He didn't show anything in Beijing, and last week he disappeared in the game.

sydneyfan

yellowcake said:
sydneyfan said:
obviously you will all already be prejudiced against me and disregard what i have to say, but i couldnt hear you guys at all when the cove quitened down after singing we cant hear you. there was just this gloomy silence. come on guys have some fun and get behind your team. :D

one thing i have to admit is that the huge sea of yellow was an impressive sight following petrovski's goals. very cool.

you guys should catch the cole train back to the cove. then youll learn a thing or too about real chanting. :thumbup:

Nice you didn't come here to gloat  :thumbup:
I guess you know it really wouldn't have taken much in the last 15 for the score to have been the other way round (and maybe you forum would be as damning as this)

But you should know from the other side of the stadium the Marinators we NOT silent, considering the numerical disadvantage (as you'd expect from city of 4M vs region of less than 1/10 of that) they did well and matched you at times.

In fact is was marvellous to see the grand, well-organised cove freeze in silent suspended animation after each of Sash's goals  ;D

even i was amazed at how silent the cove fell after CCM scored. having sat through many games in the cove i can say that it isnt often that the cove cant make a noise. we were absolutely stunned. even after the penalty (which anybody realistic would expect a goal from) the cove couldnt muster a response. even our drummer stopped. and that guy is some kind of perpetual motion machine.

next time i come up to bluetongue i want to hear you guys making some noise!!!
although while i couldnt necessarily hear bay 16 i have to say that as a whole, the mariners supporters got much louder than sydney fc would at a home game. the cove does all our cheering, all the time. but the whole of bluetongue (except for the cove) erupted with cheers after the goals.

Horza

Some thoughts from the opposition:

I think you guys are beating yourselves up a little about the match, true, we carved for the first twenty of the first half but the next half an hour was real backs to the wall stuff for us, and our box got peppered - Bolton made at least half a dozen close saves from '20 to H/T. Despite our midfield play you guys did get a fair chunk of possession and loads of time in our half. It must frustrate that you didn't manage to equalise and more but it wasn't for the lack of trying, though at times Sash and Simon could do with just a little finesse instead of battering ram speed.

Where I think you guys lacking atm is creativity in the final third - guys like Pondeljak and Kwassie added that extra threat and apart from Caceres your current midfield doesn't really have players of that ilk. In defense Bojic is immense but again, I think you're missing a Vidmar-type 'rally around' defender. I know the ethic is a team of interchangeable, equally valuable hard-working players but in this outing you weren't really generating that greater whole from the sum of your parts.

And truly, all walls are as mere sand to the boots of Shannon Cole.

FFC Mariner

I was pleased to see that the niggle that had crept into relationships between the 2 supporters groups seems to have gone away.

No dickheads in our end (nice change from scum games) and it seemed incident free??

BAD BULLZ

Those comparing to v2 are way off it took like 7 games to score a goal didnt it?????
against newcastle it was a last minute penalty that stole the max points off us
and sydney scored a shothanded moral/momentum crushing cracker that hit the posts to beat us.
Yes apparently we could've played better but its been very unlucky not to have 4/5 or even 6 points
we've got great firepower options upfront V2 we had nothing.
WE WILL MAKE THE SEMIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

OH AND WE ALL KNOW THE BAY WAS QUIET CAUSE I WASNT THERE ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

FIRE THE FARK UP

Don

i would hate to say i told youfrom fridays conversation porter has no idea what he is doing.in lawrie we trust, im starting to wonder.yeh sure porter can pass the ball but thats all he can do gets very nervous.lawrie gets his favourites and sticks with it!!

Jaza_SFC

marinersman said:
it's good to see finally a clamp down on dissent. Refs should not ever be sworn at. I'd actually like to see the FFA stamp out players swearing on the field just like CA have done with our national cricket team. 

Agree with all of this - the red was entirely fair and I was almost happy to see it happen.

Message needs to be sent out across the league - dissent is not tolerable.

Jaza_SFC

CCM had more ball and overall posession but never really had us under too much serious pressure. A lot of targeted high balls (as you'd expect) that our defences was nervous with - but no real killer shots. Plenty of stuff outside the box, but it was all straight down Bolton's throat. The stat that says CCM had more shots is not indicative of being the better team as very few of them were worrying.
When you compare that to situation's like Bridge narrowly putting it wide and Brosque screwing up that one-on-one, you can see it.

I thought the result was about reflective of the game. Back and forth, both sides going for it, and on the balance of serious chances 3-2 is about right. Absolute cracking FK to seal it (Lawrie was right - BTANAGAJ got it the only place Vukovic couldn't stop). You could say that if the CCM defence wasn't complete balls for the first 20mins the game could've been different... But if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle.

Unsure how much difference Big Dyl would make to the side (Simon did the human battering ram job well). Though Jedinak of course would.
On the other hand Popovic would've helped out heaps in CB for us (were we were shaky when Simon was about), and then there's Aloisi to come.

Long, interesting season ahead.

dibo

Don said:
i would hate to say i told youfrom fridays conversation porter has no idea what he is doing.in lawrie we trust, im starting to wonder.yeh sure porter can pass the ball but thats all he can do gets very nervous.lawrie gets his favourites and sticks with it!!

let me guess, the cure for our ills is matt osman? ::)

don - an awful lot of your posts relate to either matt or players who could be considered matt's rivals for starts. do you have anything to declare?

Don

NO I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT. I'D RATHER OZ BE FULLY FIT THEN COMING ON AND GETTING INJURED.BUT YOU MUST ADMIT THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE.

Paolo

Don said:
NO I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT. I'D RATHER OZ BE FULLY FIT THEN COMING ON AND GETTING INJURED.BUT YOU MUST ADMIT THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE.
CapsLock.jpg

capslock.jpg

rage.jpg

dibo

indeed - defenders standing lamely next to goalposts and watching while an opposing midfielder waltzes unmarked onto a cross and slots it past our keeper would be one thing i'd like to change, but i'm sure the brains trust are onto that.

Don

all i want is for the mariners to have a good season and for that to happen change has to happen, instead of everyone being a smart ass all the time they need to accept that.

Paolo

Don said:
all i want is for the mariners to have a good season and for that to happen change has to happen, instead of everyone being a smart ass all the time they need to accept that.
IT'S OK MATE, YOU ARE FREE TO VOICE YOUR OPINION

northernspirit

STOP YELLING FARKEN :D

i think we all need to take a chill pill, its only round 2... we have issues yes, it doesnt take a genius to work that out and LM will be onto it

Bex

Nice contributions from the Sydney fans above. Certainly is refreshing compared with the usual trolling from others.

:thumbup:

woodchuck

LM on to it ? 2 games out of 21 not a lot of games to get wrong, Elrich was said to be not at his ideal weight, are they kidding, a full pre-season and he cant get fit, probably delivered 3 good balls all game, but highly ineffective, confidence thing ?

Caceras was promising, but hutch and porter have little quality at this level.  Doesn't mean they are not trying and how does Boogs play left back ?  he's an out and out central defender where he is awesome, yet we go two goals down and then the change is made, too late.

Mrjda only gets 10 mins to try and score a winner, showed some good touches, but in 10 mins has no time !, surely when they went to 10 men at the 70min mark, why not chuck 3 up front and go for it ! We were the home team for christ sake.

Poor recruitment !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred