• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v $ydney FC

Pokes

Just a few pics I got....none of the Tifo unfort, but yeah. Most are mainly drunken happy snaps and such...

1bitofthebay.jpg

1bj.jpg

1ciarondino.jpg

1ciaronpokeydino.jpg

1titsandydazm-1.jpg

1radcolour-1.jpg

1mariners2-1.jpg

1mariners.jpg

1woocolour-1.jpg

yellowcake

Greenpoleffc said:
Yellowcake, criticise me all you want because thats your right too. But you ever accuse me of following Chelsea again and we have a problem.

Wasn't me ;)

Exhibit A:
Stavros said:
If you need to win every week to feel good about your team, stick the likes of Man U and Chelsea who can buy those kind of results, but thats not why I support this club.

BiggusMickus

Things last night weren't that bad....some good build up work but no-one able to pull the trigger; we were too indecisive in front of goals. A couple of terrible defensive errors cost us dearly in the 1st half - I would have liked to have seen Danny controlling our defenders the way that Bozza did in the pre-season game; I think this could be a BIG improvement in Danny's game. We played the long ball far too often which became predicatable. Again, I think once big Dylan is back we may see more of the short passing game which was also on display during the pre-season. This will also help Sasho, who is not the fastest of players hence why he gets caught off-side so often. For a team so badly riddled with injuries it was not a bad performance - just not a good one. Heads up fellow fans, the best is yet to come!

Gav...

Yes, i think that Macca will make a big difference up front.

Although the crowd was bad, it was our best crowd for the first home game.

pjennings

BiggusMickus said:
For a team so badly riddled with injuries it was not a bad performance - just not a good one. Heads up fellow fans, the best is yet to come!

:goodpost:

Spot on - what sort of difference do you think Heff, Mile, big Dyl together with a fully fit Mrdja and Ossie would make to that peformance? Bojic - once he went to the left looked good and I think that Elrich and Caceres will impress more and more as the season goes on.

I was happy with the crowd. Better than previous years - still in the pointy end of other codes' season and many football people involved in games on the day. If it had been a warmer day I think we may have had more from Sydney.

The TIFO looked good from halfway and it wasn't until the last 10 minutes that Bay 16 got outsung. Given the number of active supporters a good effort.

I must admit I went into the game looking at our injuries and thought we would be caned. Early on I thought that was going to be the case. However, the team fought back well before a very good freekick from Cole nicked the points.

Kudos to the Cove who were impressive in numbers and volume especially at the end. Though it did seem that general Sydney support through the stadium was a lot less than previous games.

Sorry - but I just don't have the same hatred as I do for Scumcastle!!!

FFC Mariner

Bojic is a v good passer of the ball and looks like 1 tough bastard too.

Screening the back 4 in MF with Hutcho perhaps??

The Cove came over louder on the replay (damn you accoustics) and to be fair, some of their chants were funny (the You dont play for Chelscum springs to mind).

Gav...

Well dont you expect the cove to be louder, they have a much bigger fan base than the mariners becasue there population is 10 times bigger than ours

Bex

Thanks for the pics Swarey. Finally slept if off now LOL.

Yeh, I'm not keen on the really negative viewpoints in this thread. We did play bad in patches and lost the game, so its disappointing but hardly the end of the season for us.

In the end, we lost the match only after an awesome free kick from Cole. It was damn unlucky for us, but you've got to pay Cole for that one.

You win some, you lose some. Lets win the next few huh. I reckon we've got the team to do it.

Part_Timer

mariners4evachamps said:
Well dont you expect the cove to be louder, they have a much bigger fan base than the mariners becasue there population is 10 times bigger than ours

IMHO thats a cop out

bikinigirl

jaypee said:
One of the things (amongst many) that shits me after last night was the way Colosimo laid on the ground like he'd been shot. The game stopped and I think we all felt bad that this guy may be out for a while this season. Then he gets up and jumps back on the field. He has gone way down in my books. I know guys get little knocks and do the same thing but he was still for minutes...... Bloody wanker

. it annoyed me how long the ref held sash off the field after he went down for treatment after an altercation with bolton, it happened down the bay end - can anyone give any details ofthe 'altercation'?

. btw it looked like he had a legitimate reason for seeking attention (and he didn't require the stretcher)

bikinigirl

jaypee said:
Greenpole - have to agree that 5-4 kick in the guts still hurts. I think on the forum we were saying it was season defining in the lead up to it and it proved to be the case. $FC kicked the crap out of us and we still have the mental scars....

. and some physical ones, the hef is yet to play an a-league match after they broke his leg

marinermick

bikinigirl said:
jaypee said:
One of the things (amongst many) that shits me after last night was the way Colosimo laid on the ground like he'd been shot. The game stopped and I think we all felt bad that this guy may be out for a while this season. Then he gets up and jumps back on the field. He has gone way down in my books. I know guys get little knocks and do the same thing but he was still for minutes...... Bloody wanker

. it annoyed me how long the ref held sash off the field after he went down for treatment after an altercation with bolton, it happened down the bay end - can anyone give any details ofthe 'altercation'?

. btw it looked like he had a legitimate reason for seeking attention (and he didn't require the stretcher)

i am personally glad the ref did this

i am sick of watching players laying on thr ground chewing up time and then the referee bringing them straight back on, even they are supposed to do the opposite

while it may have been legitimate for sash, the more referees clamp down on this the better the game will be

Ursus

I think there was a lot to learn from that game.
Boogs is a centre back, and unfortunately does not have the pace for left or right.
Bojic is a good buy and may put Boogs on the bench when Heff returns.
We are a bit "light on"  :-[ in the centre of the park.
We rely massively on Jedi for steel and skill in the air dealing with oppositions clearances.
Some people on this forum need to get better seats so they can see what is happening on the park.

marinersman

The cove were fantastic as always. They are an impressive supporter base. Very vocal and very passionate.

One positive was monkey boy being sent off. I hate that prick and it's good to see finally a clamp down on dissent. Refs should not ever be sworn at. I'd actually like to see the FFA stamp out players swearing on the field just like CA have done with our national cricket team. I've got a nine year old who idolises the Mariners and loves the HAL and I hate him watching matches and seeing close ups of players swearing. I'm no wowser but and swear just as much as the next bloke, but it's totally unecessary.

One last thing, every supporter of this club has every right to be critical of our players, coaches and management if they see fit. Nobody takes joy at doing it and it does not mean they love their club or care for it less than anybody else who wants to sugarcoat every loss. It's just like criticising your missus or kids, sometimes they deserve it, doesn't mean you love them any less. Nobody at our club is above criticism at any time.

If we maintain the form of our first two games for the season, we will not make the four. I believe we will make the semis but we need to turn it around quick smart.

bikinigirl

marinermick said:
bikinigirl said:
jaypee said:

i am sick of watching players laying on thr ground chewing up time and then the referee bringing them straight back on, even they are supposed to do the opposite

while it may have been legitimate for sash, the more referees clamp down on this the better the game will be

. don't get me wrong i agree - but it seemed seriously inconsistent

. can you shed any light on the bolton/sash thing?

dibo

bikinigirl said:
marinermick said:
bikinigirl said:
jaypee said:

. don't get me wrong i agree - but it seemed seriously inconsistent

. can you shed any light on the bolton/sash thing?

legit challenge both ways, they went for the ball, sash took a knock, but bolton appeared to punch him (haven't yet watched the replay though).

bikinigirl

. thanks dibo, i thought bolton might have given him a little bit 'extra' while sash was on the ground afterwards

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred