• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v $ydney FC

Sonic_beats_Mario

Have just been watching the higlights on Foxsports News .... what can I say .... very biased with Pablo Fagianni (close enough on the spelling) describing our 2 goals the following way:

Matt Simon getting taclked - "lucky to get a penaltly in the box"
Sasho "Sydney unlucky to get a hand ball"

Even when the thug Musilak chopped down Porter the comment was only "when first gamer ... got a red card" nothing to say it was late and crude etc etc...

At least we got some kind of compliment from Kossie in the press conference afterwards.

Lets just say in summary up the reporting on the match it was all about them and nothing about us .... so much for journalism .... but hey thats FOX

Pokes

We did not hear Bay 16 chant once from our seats... We could hear the cove loud and clear... but what happened guys?! (Is it wrong that I kind of giggled when they were up 3-2, and the Cove were chanting "Danny! What's the score" ? Yeah, I'm getting a lifetime ban for that one aey?)

I went over to join in some festive singing around half time, a bit before...and all the chants faded out after a few seconds!!

Defense was awful...just awful.

Hopefully though, we can recover and have a good game againt the Roar next weekend.
Let us learn from it, put it behind us and get absolutley wasted in QLD :D Bring it on!

FFC Mariner

Think Monkey boy got a yellow for the tackle and then said something. I'm sure it was 2 yellows.

Bay was v quiet TBH, a combination of low numbers, freezing cold and shit football I expect.

jaypee

Razorback said:
jaypee said:
Perhaps Bojic could push up, move Boogs into the center of defense and get Heff onto the left?

I would not take Bojic out of defence, I hink he is our best defender at the moment

Agree he is our best defender at the moment - BUT if we can not control the midfield it won't matter who we have at the back. We need/MUST control the midfield....

Arabmariner

Greenpoleffc said:
Think Monkey boy got a yellow for the tackle and then said something. I'm sure it was 2 yellows.

Bay was v quiet TBH, a combination of low numbers, freezing cold and shit football I expect.
It was 2 yellows.

I had a great night..... ???.....just got through the gates and was walking up the stairs and my daughter tells me she's feeling crook!!To cut a long story short...watched 15 mins ,saw 3 goals went home and watched the second half on the telly.

TBH watching on telly it was a crap game and we were just garbage.You would think a 5 goal game would be entertaining but tbh I was nearly turning over to the Olympics.

We desperately need someone with a bit of creativity in the midfield.Hutch does his job well ,I don't think we can fault what he does but he doesn't create anything.Hopefully Jedi coming back will help.

A season of this shit and we won't be drawing crowds of 17 and 18 thousand like last year.I'll say it very very quietly but much more of this crap and there will be a few calls for Lawries head.

Roy Law

McKinna cost us the game by starting with Boogs on the left; Once he and Bojic switched positions we looked much better. Vukovic not remotely at fault for any of the goals. Porter had his best game by far but will never make the grade - the physicality of Jedinak sorely missed in midfield. Elrich and Caceres both impressed me but have yet to really provide the end product. matty Simon was outstanding but Sash our best. I would like members of the Mariner's coaching staff to explain that we can also play long balls to the left - Caceres was all alone in acres of space for long periods without team mates even looking to pass; Caceres solved the problem by switching with Elrich (which didn't help Elrich see the ball LOL)

Kareem

jaypee said:
Razorback said:
jaypee said:
Perhaps Bojic could push up, move Boogs into the center of defense and get Heff onto the left?

I would not take Bojic out of defence, I hink he is our best defender at the moment

Agree he is our best defender at the moment - BUT if we can not control the midfield it won't matter who we have at the back. We need/MUST control the midfield....
damn
you beat me to it again
+1
I do have to say he is our best defender too atm! But Jedinak is such a workhorse and that DM position is key for mariners (look at difference between v2 and v3 spencer/jedinak)(lol not even a comparison!)

btw wat foot is Bojic?

FFC Mariner

A season of this shit and we won't be drawing crowds of 17 and 18 thousand like last year.I'll say it very very quietly but much more of this crap and there will be a few calls for Lawries head.

I'd just be happy to drop the Scottish 2nd div kick and rush and learn to keep (and pass) the ball

Bear

Guys

Can I just say something that is ALWAYS going to happen, cos I get sick of being bagged out about it (its not a personal attack on me, but marinators in general, and its ALWAYS brought up by at least 10 people)

When Sydney and Newcastle come to our stadium, we will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS be out sung. They bring more fans to away games than we have, and any football fan will tell you that away fans are almost always louder. Fans at away games come to sing, and they do it well, in numbers. Look when we travel away, we are always loud in Newcastle and Sydney, and thats because the people that go there go to sing and be involved. Get over that we get outsung at home, NOTHING will change that.

(this is not a personal attack on anyone, its a general im sick of hearing about how 200 marinators were outsung by 500 cove/squadron. Do the f**king numbers)

Rant over

Arabmariner

Greenpoleffc said:

I'd just be happy to drop the Scottish 2nd div kick and rush and learn to keep (and pass) the ball
At the moment we'd struggle to survive in the Scottish 2nd div imo.

Oh and you'd be a happy camper this morning wouldn't you!!

Arabmariner

Bearinator said:
Guys

Can I just say something that is ALWAYS going to happen, cos I get sick of being bagged out about it (its not a personal attack on me, but marinators in general, and its ALWAYS brought up by at least 10 people)

When Sydney and Newcastle come to our stadium, we will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS be out sung. They bring more fans to away games than we have, and any football fan will tell you that away fans are almost always louder. Fans at away games come to sing, and they do it well, in numbers. Look when we travel away, we are always loud in Newcastle and Sydney, and thats because the people that go there go to sing and be involved. Get over that we get outsung at home, NOTHING will change that.

(this is not a personal attack on anyone, its a general im sick of hearing about how 200 marinators were outsung by 500 cove/squadron. Do the f**king numbers)

Rant over
A typical Australian stadium with crap accoustics doesn't help you guys either.

Pokes

Bear,

I ger it, I'm just saying when we went over, the chant fizzled after about 10 seconds. Doesn't matter how loud, it just seemed there was no real motivatiob. Sure, we may of been playing shit, but do we only wanna sing when we're winning?

FFC Mariner

Bearinator said:
Guys

Rant over

Hear f**king hear. Well done Bear.

Away fans at BT also have the advantage of the accoustic effect of the stand/roof over them. We dont.

happy

My opinion of the match from a quite neutral point of view (if I might say that):

I seemed to me that the Mariners haven't been mentally on the pitch from the very beginning; they just woke up after the 1:0. It got better after that. But the penalty wasn't a penalty, it was a gift to the Mariners. The 1st and the 2nd goal of Sydney were presents from your defense - where have they been? The 3rd goal for Sydney was just lucky for them.

I was amazed that the ref didn't whistle that much - but when he did, it was mostly in favour for Sydney - my impression.

I don't really know what to say about the crowd: I think it is a bit strange that there have been that many empty seats. It wasn't raining, it was a Saturday evening and you played against your local rival...

To the atmosphere: I was quite astonished about the amount of Sydney supporters. As Bear said, it is normal that fans are doing better away than at home. Another factor is, that your side of the stadium wasn't that crowded, i.e. the Sydney supporters have been closer together which is better for the chanting stuff. It was hard for you as there was hardly anybody (not many people) standing or sitting next to the Bay who could join in into the chants and get them over to the sides.

All in all it is to say, that both sides - the team and the fans - can improve and can perform better. I am pretty sure they will :)

Bear

Was not a dig at you pokey, in general im over hearing about how we could have been better.

And as for the half assed singing, again, if everyone that was at Newcastle away was at this home game IN bay 16, there would be NO half assed singing, we all know why. But it just dose not happen that way, plain and simple. How dose the saying go, you can lead a camel to water but you cant make it drink? Same with bay 16, every mariners fan knows its there, but once there, you cant MAKE them sing.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

happy said:
I don't really know what to say about the crowd: I think it is a bit strange that there have been that many empty seats. It wasn't raining, it was a Saturday evening and you played against your local rival...

But it was still pretty miserable weather.  Damn cold and windy...

And I think that's our best 'opening match' crowd so far. 

Arabmariner

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
happy said:

And we don't have the football culture in this country that you do in Germany Happy.

It's a constant struggle for decent media coverage.

I've spoken to people this week ,not real football fans but general sports fans who go occasionally,who didn't even know there was a game on ffs!

Atomic

Arabmariner said:
Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
happy said:

And we don't have the football culture in this country that you do in Germany Happy.

It's a constant struggle for decent media coverage.

I've spoken to people this week ,not real football fans but general sports fans who go occasionally,who didn't even know there was a game on ffs!

Yes, this time of year is especially tough for media attention. Fox Sports News last night started with the Olympics (ok fair enough - once every 4 years), then the Wallabies, the AFL, the NRL then 25 minutes into the broadcast, the HAL. I don't think we can expect sellouts this time of year for quite a while. However, as much as it pains me to say it, it does show how good Scumcastle's crowd last week was, especially given the small (yet vocal) number of Coasties who made the trip.

We have carved ourselves an nice little niche as a summer sport, and that's when the crowds will arrive. I can tell you from a personal point of view, last night it was a struggle to get my wife there then even more of a struggle listening to the complaints about the cold.

Pokes

Bearinator said:
Was not a dig at you pokey, in general im over hearing about how we could have been better.

And as for the half assed singing, again, if everyone that was at Newcastle away was at this home game IN bay 16, there would be NO half assed singing, we all know why. But it just dose not happen that way, plain and simple. How dose the saying go, you can lead a camel to water but you cant make it drink? Same with bay 16, every mariners fan knows its there, but once there, you cant MAKE them sing.

Oh, you could MAKE them ;)

Our theory was....bring back the maranettes...that'll get some men cheering!
:D

Auburn Mariner

Afternoon all,

The official crowd was 10972.

For a Derby, the game seemed strangely lacking in atmosphere. Maybe it was just too cold for people raised on the Coast. I love that sort of temperature, but then I lived in an icebox for 10 years.

Steve Corica's first goal was that rare occurrence, a DOUBLE nutmeg. Watch the replays and I am super-confident that our defender (PB, I think) was in PERFECT alignment with Danny at the exact moment Corica made contact.

The ball went between both sets of legs in an instant, just like the tunnel-ball we were taught to play at Primary School. I reckon Danny's vision was completely obscured. Persons in my exact area of the Bay were directly in line with this goal, that's why I am so certain of this chain of events.

I think we did play better when Caceres (thanks for the pronunciation tip, Fish, my Greek source got it wrong, I apologise) and Elrich switched wings. We were messy at the back for periods of the first half, and we were beaten by a simply magnificent free-kick by Shannon Cole. Danny was precise with his wall, they were correctly positioned, Cole was just too good on the day. Danny was parallel to the ground in his save attempt and he nearly got there.

Now is not the time to panic. Sasho & Matt show signs of gelling, we do get Mile, Heff & Dylan back soon and we have the best keeper this country has produced, EVER, in goals for us at Lang Park this weekend (and in a rebuff to some, it is, has been & ALWAYS will be Lang Park. Suncorp, pffffffffffffffffft, ask true blue Queenslanders what the ground is called. There is a famous poem about the King called "The Emperor of Lang Park", you'll see his statue next weekend. Sponsors come and go, history & tradition last a lifetime).

Whilst I do not necessarily agree with all of the player ratings mentioned earlier, I do expect that our lads will come out snarling, desperate and ruthless against the Meow on Sunday evening. This league has suddenly become VERY competitive and even, every point is priceless, so we MUST be collectively better than we were last night.

Many congrats to Jimmy & the Marinators Club for the new TiFo, I was very proud to see what had been done.

Also, congrats to the Marinators Club for the excellent new merchandise. To the lovely Karen Hall, if my wife approaches you to buy any more merchandise, please tell her that her husband is preparing divorce papers on grounds of excessive purchasing!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred