• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

pjennings

Well given what he has done in his 548 minutes this season (4 goals and an assist) with a full season he would be looking at 18 goals. Actually not too shabby. If he can stay on the field the next 9 rounds we should expect another 5 goals. He is too slow for my liking but his job is to score goals and he is doing that at a rate no one else is.

Wombat

Lets not wank on. Compared to Appi he is a great. Compared to reality he is a decent reserve striker.better than Bingham but that is it.

Forum Phoenix

Well given what he has done in his 548 minutes this season (4 goals and an assist) with a full season he would be looking at 18 goals. Actually not too shabby. If he can stay on the field the next 9 rounds we should expect another 5 goals. He is too slow for my liking but his job is to score goals and he is doing that at a rate no one else is.

I sure would love to be proven wrong PJ. He's had two tap ins, one pen, and one quality goal from open play.

And he's scored 16 goals total in the past 4 years from 69 games - 41 starts. So he's averaging 4 goals a year over the last 4 years.

My issues are his speed, he is not gifted on the ball, does no appear able to shoot from outside the box, has not looked likely to score with his head, and some of his runs are poor.

But, I think he's strong, links well, has a great work ethic and attitude, and can finish unlike most in our squad.

I think that makes him a second string striker at best imho. This years stats are perhaps an indicator that a more prolific striker might be doing very well with us and our service has not been too bad on balance - though I find that hard to swallow.

Last edited:

Big Al

Lets see what Skapetis can do.
Has a good history will DDS and Powell and DDS don’t work. Powell not quick enough for DDS passes. They just not on the same page.

Some players just click. Have that six sense about each other. Skapetis and DDS might have that after hearing about most of his goals being assisted by DDS in junior Aussie teams.

Forum Phoenix

I think so too Gratis. Hoole can be selfish, but he's dangerous, no two ways about it I think.

But after Powell scored, and Okon gave zero minutes to Skapetis, can't see him starting him over Powell. Starting to make me worry about Okon's judgement on attacking players and their quality.

pjennings

I think so too Gratis. Hoole can be selfish, but he's dangerous, no two ways about it I think.

But after Powell scored, and Okon gave zero minutes to Skapetis, can't see him starting him over Powell. Starting to make me worry about Okon's judgement on attacking players and their quality.

It shouldn't be for Powell.

Play Hoole on the left, Powell in the centre and Skapetis on the right. Then let Skapetis and Powell swap as need be, they are both intelligent players. Appiah to come on with 30 minutes against a tiring defence.

Big Al

Paul has said Skapetis was played out of position at Roar even though he did the same against Sydney
But
Appiah needed a sub and he went with Trent who was good for olyroos on the wing.
It was the last sub.

Also he switched formation. Put TBT on the left wing and made Wales a second ten lile he does with hoole. Not sure Skapetis would have fit that on the left

Don’t see it as a slight on Skapetis just chose TBT at wing and couldn’t bring Skapetis on as no subs left

Forum Phoenix

It shouldn't be for Powell.

Play Hoole on the left, Powell in the centre and Skapetis on the right. Then let Skapetis and Powell swap as need be, they are both intelligent players. Appiah to come on with 30 minutes against a tiring defence.

Mmm, no way Okon benches Apiah I think PJ.

Personally I want to see a striker with some pace and see what Skapetis can do up top. But I don't expect to see it.

I like Lachie, but I think we need a bit more than he can give right now, so agree at bringing Hoole in on the left though. Either way. I think we won't get our wish.

pjennings

Mmm, no way Okon benches Apiah I think PJ.

Personally I want to see a striker with some pace and see what Skapetis can do up top. But I don't expect to see it.

I like Lachie, but I think we need a bit more than he can give right now, so agree at bringing Hoole in on the left though. Either way. I think we won't get our wish.

On the evidence of the way he has played this year he has only been effective as a sub. I don't care what his numbers say in terms of his high speed runs - he just is more effective at upsetting the other team when they are tired.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred