• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

Wombat

Newcastle (geordies not scum) are not planning on staying in the championship.

They just signed Jonjo Shelvey and Andros Townsend!!

Both brilliant signings.

They went cheap arse like us and got relegated. Now they are spending to get back into the EPL.
Hopefully, MC does likewise and brings in another 3 quality signings.

Wombat

Oh.
They both signed in Jan......trying to save the season
I thought they signed now.

My bad.

Rowdy

Out of those listed on the above 'Free Agent XI', I'd take Pablo Sanchez if the price was right. (Lower than what Adelaide were paying him because they dont think he's worth keeping at his previous dollar figure)

Even if we sign a 'quality AM', (even as a marquee) Sanchez I believe would offer great cover in a central attacking position as well as put pressure on Fab & Austin for the posi's out wide, which is where Adelaide utilised the Spaniard.

He definitely knows how to find the back of the net.

Wombat

Some interesting names are available including Scott Parker and Mark Bresciano.
Other players that might suit us:
Demy de Zeeuw
Wayne Brown
Raphael Augusto
Helio Pinto.

Forum Phoenix

Bresc is quality - but we need legs too if we're going to drop a bundle of our limited dosh. That's the Garcia lesson. Mind you, i think Garcia would have had a far bigger impact with a stronger side around him,

Luca Brasi

He is quality imho and a missed opportunity for us.
Dont think we were ever in the running for this one with Miller's Fulham connections.
TW more likely to be across the academies and lower leagues of England such as Fletcher, O'Donovan, Adelson, Berry, Austin.

dibo

Maybe Finnish football is his thing?

Sitting there in the wee hours watching plucky Seinäjoen Jalkapallokerho bring a maiden title home to the Seinäjoen keskuskenttä, debating with friends whether the goals of Akselvi Pelvas or the gloves of Mihkel Aksalu were the difference in their first-ever first division triumph...

And insisting they play a four-four-f**king-two of course.

Last edited:

Wombat

Based on what do you come to that conclusion?

You certainly haven't been streaming Finnish League games to watch him.

Googled him on You Tube and read about him on Wiki before listing him as a possibility.

Sounded Taylor made for us. He has a better background than Wee Judas and we saw how good he turned out to be.

FFC is in the know...so I'm hoping he turns out to be rubbish.

Last edited:

Wombat

Maybe Finnish football is his thing?

Sitting there in the wee hours watching plucky Seinäjoen Jalkapallokerho bring a maiden title home to the Seinäjoen keskuskenttä, debating with friends whether the goals of Akselvi Pelvas or the gloves of Mihkel Aksalu were the difference in their first-ever first division triumph...

And insisting they play a four-four-f**king-two of course.

Haha, (shouldn't you be folding political brochures not wasting time on here?)

If Brad Porter or Hutcho had ever been good enough to get a go over there....I could imagine you cuddled up with a blow up reindeer, dressed in nothing but uggboots, sitting with a Finnish phrase book while watching them pass backwards.
And if you think that's drivel.....just re-read your post.

As usual thanks for your great insights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred