• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

turbo

I see it all happening with Paull too. Just still adjusting to the step up and new club as well.
The other side to the coin is that’s a spot that others have an eye on too. How do you be fair to Paull and allow him to develop but also Hall and Windust? Tough gig as a manager. Not too dissimilar to how I feel Sozer was hard done by when Danny kept his spot pre World Cup. Turned out to be the right call but I’d imagine still a tough one to cop when you’re on the wrong side of it.

true believer

GK - Daniel Vukovic

CB - Nathan Paull (last chance)
CB - Brian Kaltak
LB - Jacob Farrell
RB - Doka

CM - Max Balard
CM - Josh Nisbet
LM - Angel Torres
RM - Theo

ST - Alou Kuol
ST- Tulio
yeah ,the key here is doka was very good at RB .
definitely his position .
it would be interesting to see how much motor theo has got .

Big Al

The other side to the coin is that’s a spot that others have an eye on too. How do you be fair to Paull and allow him to develop but also Hall and Windust? Tough gig as a manager. Not too dissimilar to how I feel Sozer was hard done by when Danny kept his spot pre World Cup. Turned out to be the right call but I’d imagine still a tough one to cop when you’re on the wrong side of it.
Not to say he is but Paull is what the club hopes to be another Nectar. He also is left footed compared to Windust and Hall so don’t See them as his direct competitors as much.

Although if they we’re playing well enough Kaltak can easily go back to the left. So you could argue they maybe are direct competition

Obviously change of manager is key to that but Hall has not been great last few years and Windust hasn’t been able to push out of the academy like he may have liked. You are right they are options but I think Paull will be given a longer leash.

Meerkat

Nectar was up and down early and in and out before maturing and grabbing the spot.

I see it all happening with Paull to. Just still adjusting to the step up and new club as well.

Plus don’t discount the staff turnover being an issue. Needs one consistent message while learning. Now his 3rd coach at CCM within 6 months.
I think you are dead right on both counts. We were not sold on Triantis early on.. at all.. showed promise but we had a LOT of negative commentary about our back line and defence. Took a good while for Triantis to settle in and prove himself.

Also agree re the coaching inconsistency.

Corsair

I think you are dead right on both counts. We were not sold on Triantis early on.. at all.. showed promise but we had a LOT of negative commentary about our back line and defence. Took a good while for Triantis to settle in and prove himself.

I was skeptical about Paull until I saw him play live last night, still a bit raw but looks like he's got the quality and will improve, I think he'll make it. Certainly got the physique.

Wombat

Took Triantis about 5 to 6 AL games so Paull has time still. Shame we didnt go futher in the FFA Cup....AFC will have to do! I can see a good player in there.

pjennings

We have a very young squad.

33 players are listed in the 2023/2024 squad (including James Bayliss) with an average age of 22.

12 are 20 or less
14 are 21- 23
4 are 24 0r 25
2 are 30
1 is 38.

priorpeter

We have a very young squad.

33 players are listed in the 2023/2024 squad (including James Bayliss) with an average age of 22.

12 are 20 or less
14 are 21- 23
4 are 24 0r 25
2 are 30
1 is 38.
Squad list on the Mariners site needs some updating - Jimmy Bayliss was released in July, and Aydan Hammond has also recently been released. Will Arnold was also off trialling in Ireland recently, not sure if he’s still tied to the club.

pjennings

Squad list on the Mariners site needs some updating - Jimmy Bayliss was released in July, and Aydan Hammond has also recently been released. Will Arnold was also off trialling in Ireland recently, not sure if he’s still tied to the club.
Maybe - but it looks like it has been updated recently. Has Aydan gone to WSW with his brother? I had high hopes for him.

Michael

Sucks about Hammond, just deemed not good enough?

priorpeter

The Hammond sitch was a bit of a weird one. He was given a couple of days off by Mont and next minute had been removed from the WhatsApp group and the boys never saw him again.
Suspect as pjennings said that WSW may have offered him a scholarship. Was only ever on youth terms here.

Insertnamehere

The Hammond sitch was a bit of a weird one. He was given a couple of days off by Mont and next minute had been removed from the WhatsApp group and the boys never saw him again.
Suspect as pjennings said that WSW may have offered him a scholarship. Was only ever on youth terms here.
So yet again the club was too slow to move on re-signing a player.

scottmac

Suspended
So yet again the club was too slow to move on re-signing a player.
We're not going to keep every player. We can't just be the best nursery for young talent without the rest of the clubs trying to pick us off. We have a limited budget and will more than likely loose good young talent from time to time. We can always judge decisions after the fact however I'm yet to see a young player go on to big things when leaving us to another local team. It's going to happen at some stage however and this year's losses seem to be right now the closest we've been to that. Time will tell.

Insertnamehere

We're not going to keep every player. We can't just be the best nursery for young talent without the rest of the clubs trying to pick us off. We have a limited budget and will more than likely loose good young talent from time to time. We can always judge decisions after the fact however I'm yet to see a young player go on to big things when leaving us to another local team. It's going to happen at some stage however and this year's losses seem to be right now the closest we've been to that. Time will tell.
Its a scholarship not a full contract.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred