• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Big Dog

I have high faith in both tapp and steeley. Neither of them are similar to niz which is maybe why steeley gets a bad wrap sometimes. Monty loves both of them so I think that says it all really.
I'm a fan of both Steely and Tappy. Harry is very different to both Max and Niz though. Keeps the ball moving quickly, efficient in possession and versatile too. Doesn't bring the same presence in midfield defensively though. Tappy is definitely capable. How much football has he played in the last 18mths though?

LG__

A few people seem to think we need depth in our midfield, i think we need to look at Nizzy and Maxy a bit different now, they are no longer newbies. Nizzy & Maxy have 100+ and 50+ games for us respectively and were key cogs in our recent successes.

The depth in the midfield doesn’t need to come from a signing, we have Steeley ready to go and those who watch Academy think that Tapp and Kasolovic are more than capable if called upon.

Big Al

A few people seem to think we need depth in our midfield, i think we need to look at Nizzy and Maxy a bit different now, they are no longer newbies. Nizzy & Maxy have 100+ and 50+ games for us respectively and were key cogs in our recent successes.

The depth in the midfield doesn’t need to come from a signing, we have Steeley ready to go and those who watch Academy think that Tapp and Kasolovic are more than capable if called upon.
Plus there aren’t to many foreigners dominating the midfield and the older guard are on the decline like the brattons, Brillante’s, Isisas, Antonis. These guys dominated last 5yrs (before) Niz and Max took the crown. No better mid field combo little own one on the up.

turbo

The main concern is if there’s a significant injury to Nizzy or Ballard. We saw what happened last year when Nizzy was off his game in patches (likely sick) and we were much worse for it. Even in Aus cup when he was played out wide we looked far less effective.

scottmac

Suspended
Without Nizzy we are crap.
I'm not sure that's entirely true. There is definitely some form backing up your claim though.

I think without Nizzy we struggle to win the ball in transition from our attack to defence and we struggle to shut down creative players in the middle.
I think Steely and Maxy are so used to having him they haven't had to grow in that area of their position. I think Steely needs to take this role if Nizzy is out and let Maxy play the role he does. Nizzy plays both distributor and ball winner however.
Not sure if Tapp is both or one over the other.

JoyfulPenguin

I haven't seen Tapp play yet, but after having a long term injury and a limited time back in the NPL, would he be up to starting in the ALM?

Kasalovic looks a good prospect and did very well in the NPL. I can see him growing into a very good ALM player but he has had extremely limited minutes at ALM level.

If we're left without one of Nisbet, Balard or Steele are Tapp or Kasalovic currently capable of the minutes we would ask of them in the AFC Cup/ALM?

Wouldn't mind having a short-list of NPL central midfielders on stand by for an injury replacement contract.

All of Jack Armson, Yitay Towns, Steve Whyte, Aaron Reardon, Anthony Lesiotis, Anthony Duzel, Joe Guest could fill a gap.

true believer

i think maxy is being sold short . he finished his degree last season and really looked something
else in the last few games .
without the added academic work ("roll" role f'king dyslexia) and is physically alot stronger .i think maxy could be the gun midfielder of the Aleague .

Last edited:

Michael

i think maxy is begin sold short . he finished his degree last season and really looked something
without the added academic work ("roll" role f'king dyslexia) and is physically alot stronger .i think maxy could be the gun midfielder of the Aleague .
I’ll never forget an interview Max did when he first broke through, he said his goal was to become “the best midfielder in the league”
He’s a brilliant player. We’re absolutely blessed in the central midfield area. Kasa is 5th in line (maybe 4th due to tapp’s recovery) atm but an absolute gun too. The biggest worry is that… say nizzy or max don’t get an o/s move by end of this coming season then what if Kasa or tapp move to another aleague side for minutes…
What a worry to have, eh? Haha

priorpeter

i think maxy is begin sold short . he finished his degree last season and really looked something
Been saying it since he first stepped up - Maxi is hugely, hugely under-appreciated. Don’t forget that academic workload was a full time double degree, impressive for someone playing full time professionally.
Top pro too - as we know, some players were asked to come back to preseason early for some extra work ahead of the rest of the squad. Maxi wasn’t asked, but voluntarily showed up for the extras.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred