• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Wombat

Are we honestly saying that Warshawsky should be the No.1 keeper next season? He is still very young and inexperienced and whilst I am not suggesting he isn’t capable of the step up, the club would be taking a huge risk if they (for instance) went with him as first choice and Perraic-Cullen as his understudy.

I would be much more comfortable to see Birraz as the senior keeper, with Jack backing him up, as we all know a good keeper can win you several games a season.
Nice to hear some common sense.

Big Al

For those asking who Busek is from yesterdays bench.

Not sure how true being an attacking mid/9 is.

Interesting another Canberra addition.

Was apparently a 20’s player last year

Ancient Mariner

Many here are keen for Nizz to carry on playing in the #10 role. Whilst I can understand it from the necessity of providing strength to the attack, and that we are rich in #6s and #8s, Nizz has proved to be the best #8 in the A league and his partnership with Max is the strongest midfield in the league. He will never be the force as a #10 as he is in midfield.
No matter what the football code, it is an error to play your best player out of position. It does no favours to the player and weakens the team.
Wilson is not yet the answer De Pizio may be. I am starting to think #10 is the most important position to fill if we are getting anyone in January.
Thoughts?

Ironbark

Many here are keen for Nizz to carry on playing in the #10 role. Whilst I can understand it from the necessity of providing strength to the attack, and that we are rich in #6s and #8s, Nizz has proved to be the best #8 in the A league and his partnership with Max is the strongest midfield in the league. He will never be the force as a #10 as he is in midfield.
No matter what the football code, it is an error to play your best player out of position. It does no favours to the player and weakens the team.
Wilson is not yet the answer De Pizio may be. I am starting to think #10 is the most important position to fill if we are getting anyone in January.
Thoughts?
Seems straightforward enough to me. Tapp/Steele into 8, Niz 10.
Until we recruit I'd play DiPizio in Tulio's spot.

Last nights selection was odd for the amount of players not in the line up - strongly suspect a bout of covid through the camp to take out so many

Wombat

Thoughts?
Tapp and Maxy as DM's and Nizzy at 10 is wonderful in my eyes. I've seen him slot them at training with ease playing in that possie...he is just gun-shy on the big day. Once he gets the taste he won't stop.

Neilmcloudy

Thoughts?
Understand your thinking, but last might I felt he was doing g a job rather than relishing in the forward position. Agree atm he dosen't look like a goal scorrer, but he loves his football more further forward. What is more important?

Big Al

Thoughts?
They were the best midfielder combo last year but our attack was a different style with more capable players with the ball.

This year’s team has different strengths and weaknesses. This team needs his creativity to create goals as the forwards can’t create their own.
Plus we are strongest in midfield depth. Tapp Steele in a 3 man mid suits this team more.

This team is stronger with Nizz higher especially without Tulio

Jacko has shown he will move Nizz if we need it.

Good problem to have a great flexible player

shipwreck

Let's go with rumors, Intel, gossip on our inbounds.

Heard Connor Wickhams name being thrown around, links to MKD which was well established that one of them would be.

Other link is to LUFC.

Go ?

FFC Mariner

Heard Connor Wickhams name being thrown around, links to MKD which was well established that one of them would be.

Other link is to LUFC.

Go ?
I expect that the strikers we are targeting can walk without crutches. Wickham is sadly an injury prone virtual cripple. Perfect Victory marquee on $3m a season but not for us

Michael

Other link is to LUFC.

Go ?
Connor Wickham…..
Well now
That would be VERY interesting
Could literally be a cumdog type story or a jack rodwell….
Super talented but has literally been crippled by injuries his whole career, but if he’s fit, focused and determined for some career redemption he would score lots of goals here. Target striker style too.. That’s the MK Dons link.

We’re a little short out wide and in CB (unless Windust ends up staying). I’d probably take the 2nd visa signing as a winger.

Michael

I expect that the strikers we are targeting can walk without crutches. Wickham is sadly an injury prone virtual cripple.
Very true, if he’s a genuine target I’d be getting him in for a week long fitness test before signing anything.
Hasn’t played a football match since may 9 2023.

FFC Mariner

Connor Wickham…..
Well now
That would be VERY interesting
Could literally be a cumdog type story or a jack rodwell….
Super talented but has literally been crippled by injuries his whole career, but if he’s fit, focused and determined for some career redemption he would score lots of goals here. Target striker style too.. That’s the MK Dons link.

We’re a little short out wide and in CB (unless Windust ends up staying). I’d probably take the 2nd visa signing as a winger.
Mrdja - bloke hardly played at National league level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred