• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

pjennings

I'm surprised that Wilson, Doka Alou and Reec haven't been mentioned as possible losses
I doubt any of them will be going at this stage. Alou, injury aside, is coming back to his goal sneak self. Wilson given our notional change to 3 mids will at least be in the mix as a sub there. If DWH is going then Reec won't be going unless specifically recalled by his club and finally until Sash is recovered Doka is needed as cover and TBH does a reasonably good defensive effort at RB.

Hello Sailor

I'd be fine with WW and Reec to go. Esp if we get a striker/winger
I didn't think Reec offered much to the squad before he left overseas, and on return has one goal from seven appearances in the comp. I dont think thats good enough. Doka looked promising but Storm is much better. Maybe something is lost in translation but when Doka makes an error he rants at his teammates.
Alou doesn't seem interested at times and with four from eleven and no assists, the stats are adequate but not lighting the world on fire. Wilson is out of his depth. While a window means potential losses of talented players-and we've had plenty of that recently, I hope it is being seen as an opportunity to upgrade these guys.

Insertnamehere

I didn't think Reec offered much to the squad before he left overseas, and on return has one goal from seven appearances in the comp. I dont think thats good enough. Doka looked promising but Storm is much better. Maybe something is lost in translation but when Doka makes an error he rants at his teammates.
Alou doesn't seem interested at times and with four from eleven and no assists, the stats are adequate but not lighting the world on fire. Wilson is out of his depth. While a window means potential losses of talented players-and we've had plenty of that recently, I hope it is being seen as an opportunity to upgrade these guys.
Key thing is Alou is improving every week. MJ working out how to effectively play him.

Doka slowly improving.

Reec has been up and down. Similar with Wilson but hes not a winger and we have 4 CMs.

Big Dog

I didn't think Reec offered much to the squad before he left overseas, and on return has one goal from seven appearances in the comp.
We definitely need more from him. I watched the podcast from WSW that someone posted and they mentioned his tendency to pull out of 50/50's when in goal scoring opportunities. I've noticed it a few times also. Would make a big difference for him if he can switch that over in his game.

Michael

I'm surprised that Wilson, Doka Alou and Reec haven't been mentioned as possible losses
Alou is on a 3 year deal, still scoring occasionally whilst being underwhelming for the most part I think he’s fine, needs a better forward ahead of him.
Jacko has been open about how impressive jing has been working hard to improve and he’s on loan.
Doka is a serviceable back up to storm for the time being, probably more likely to move on at seasons end imo.

I’m not a wilson fan so my opinion will be a negative one…. He has lost his spot and is barely getting a look in atm.

FFC Mariner

We definitely need more from him. I watched the podcast from WSW that someone posted and they mentioned his tendency to pull out of 50/50's when in goal scoring opportunities. I've noticed it a few times also. Would make a big difference for him if he can switch that over in his game.
100% he bottled his 1 on 1 with their keeper where Alou goes in hard.He put no doubt in his mind and let him collect
I actually think Reec lacks pace

Corsair

Alou doesn't seem interested at times and with four from eleven and no assists, the stats are adequate but not lighting the world on fire
This describes his first few games back after a long stint not playing overseas. He's a weapon and is getting sharper every match. If I was a defender I would hate to play against him, unpredictable, aggressive and full of energy. We'd be crazy to let him go now just as he's lifting his game.

He wasn't being played to his strengths earlier in the season.

turbo

Zero chance Alou goes. We aren’t paying a fee then releasing him this early and damaging the relationship with his family, plus they have a spot in the club and fan base’s heart. He also hasn’t done enough yet to warrant attracting a fee or desirable move.

Could see DWH go just due to how far he slid down the pecking order, only exception may be if Reec got a few last chances to get a lifeline and he gets punted. I don’t see how we can keep both.

Huddo

Are we watching the same games, Alou's is coming along in leaps and bounds, he's becoming very dangerous, and is getting his eye back.

turbo

Are we watching the same games, Alou's is coming along in leaps and bounds, he's becoming very dangerous, and is getting his eye back.
I would say he’s scrapping and fighting for goals, he’s showing hunger but I wouldn’t say dangerous yet. Bang in some headers, clean up more crosses or win some 1 on 1s with the keeper and I’ll change my tune. He is moving in the right direction though.

Michael

I honestly thought DWH would’ve gotten a much bigger crack at holding a starting spot. I like his style of forward, thought if we went with 2 straight up strikers he and alou could’ve been lethal together…
Jing worked his socks off in training to be given a chance under Jacko and got a reward but has since plateaued a little. I dunno… connecting the dots… DWH must not be putting in the work on training pitch..

Hello Sailor

I'm basing it on the stats as well as my impressions. If he has a three year contract then I hope he continues on an upward trajectory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred