• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

pjennings

Sonny Perkins has just returned to Leeds (Championship) from Oxford United (League One) where he didn't play much. Farke says he has no plans for him in the senior team in the near future. He has done well in Premier League 2 in 22/23 he played at RW in 7 goals in 6 games. At CF he played 6 games for 4 games and 3 assists. Still contracted for 18 months.

Coastalraider

Why's that? 19 sounds even more likely. Cheap youth is our bag.
I guess it’s my expectation (rightly or wrongly) that the visas should not only have talent that exceeds locals, but that they are able to have some form of experience/leadership that benefits us as well.

Our recent model is someone early 20s that has played a heap of games but needs a reset, like Cummings, Tulio, Nkololo, Torres etc - Somny has only just played 10 senior games.

Absolutely love the fact he’s been through all the age group England sides thought, obviously has talent and needs some first team football.

Corsair

I guess it’s my expectation (rightly or wrongly) that the visas should not only have talent that exceeds locals, but that they are able to have some form of experience/leadership that benefits us as well.

Our recent model is someone early 20s that has played a heap of games but needs a reset, like Cummings, Tulio, Nkololo, Torres etc - Somny has only just played 10 senior games.

Absolutely love the fact he’s been through all the age group England sides thought, obviously has talent and needs some first team football.
I get where you're coming from but we've got 2 visa spots so the other one could fit that profile. We have had success with younger players, like Triantis, although he wasn't a visa.

Coming up through youth development at clubs like West Ham will have given him far superior experience to a youth player here. The chaff gets weeded out early, competition for spots is fierce. If he's not quite cutting it over there at senior level a reset here with plenty of game time could be just what he needs.

It's quite possible Jacko coached this kid in a National youth team at some point.

He's not what I'd expected to sign but I'm surprisingly quite excited. I wouldn't mind at all if he's one of the two.

Coastalraider

I am however struggling for what I presume will be a left sided defensive player with Dons links.

Best fit I can find on paper is the below, as he has seemed to stall at this level for a couple of years, was getting good game time and could use a mariners reset to launch into the championship, but it seems from the MK Dons forum he’s injured:

jmoore65

419729778_759159989452707_1746153931518442218_n.jpg

Ancient Mariner

34 year old, right footed left winger.
Obviously trying to add some experience into the attack. Not a bad idea, but I hope he still has the motor.

priorpeter

Calling BS. Tweet doesn’t show up on the front page Football Twitter feed so either deleted or (more likely, looking at this poster’s previous posts on here) a fake tweet.

Hasn’t played since June 2022 and goes against our entire recruitment MO.

Next.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred