• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Wombat

I’m with you, I wouldn’t be concerned if he left in Jan. Has underachieved in my opinion and I don’t see him making it.
I definitely see him making it. Talent you can't coach into someone and he has that in spades already. He just needs to learn the fundamentals.

pjennings

Only concern is MJ is talking about replacing Tulio internally with youth, and maybe looking at bringing someone in during the Jan window.

I actually think we will recruit, but it either it's too early/cagey to say anything yet or there is no one on the radar yet
My biggest concern is not losing Tulio. Since Niz has moved forward our attack goes more through Niz, Faz and Angel. Tulio is still good for the showboating and baiting opposition players as well as taking penalties but we are not as reliant on him as we were (and he has looked better for it).

I do want to hold Faz and Niz though - both of which I can see going (and both of which deserve the chance).

Insertnamehere

My biggest concern is not losing Tulio. Since Niz has moved forward our attack goes more through Niz, Faz and Angel. Tulio is still good for the showboating and baiting opposition players as well as taking penalties but we are not as reliant on him as we were (and he has looked better for it).

I do want to hold Faz and Niz though - both of which I can see going (and both of which deserve the chance).
Tulios skill is at least a distraction to other teams. They need to mark him hard. His leaving makes it easier for other teams to tag Niz and kick Angel.

Is whoever goes on that wing going to be a solid contributor.? Miguel isnt there just yet. Theo, lolz. DWH, hasn't shown anything. Maybe Jing.

Ironbark

We know we've lost Tulio but I do think we can absorb it. I worried when we lost Garang where those extra goals would come from and we found them.

More concerned now if Niz and Faz go as well. Lose all three and I have serious concerns.
Happy for them both to move on to bigger and better things in the off season when we can recruit and have a pre season...but now would be a heavy blow

Big Al

Di Pizzo preferred spot is 10 and plays killer balls too but doesn’t have the drive of Niz but he is a possible replacement at least and fits the club model. I doubt a drop off but at least a viable option.

We have nothing on the right wing right now. Theo is a left wing and so is Torres. We really need a proper right winger and one with speed would be a bonus.

Steele Tapp and Balard can all handle the middle if Niz went but he is showing how important a few years experience in the league is.

Faz seems hardest to replace out of the 3. We know all 3 are almost impossible to replace directly.

Big Al

Monty gunning for Faz, but might be priced out from interest in England
In the coverage glen Lauder said he spoke to faz pre game and asked what 2024 had installed for him after a great 2023 and he said Faz said he had ambition to play overseas but while ever he is a mariner he is committed to the club.

On top of pod and your comments looks like could be next one out

Stuartmcateer

Am I to understand from watching the keepers warm up that there is still no goalkeeper coach?

The 3 of them were on their own with no coaching staff involved. Miguel was always there driving things along.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred