• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Ironbark

Only concern is MJ is talking about replacing Tulio internally with youth, and maybe looking at bringing someone in during the Jan window.

I actually think we will recruit, but it either it's too early/cagey to say anything yet or there is no one on the radar yet

Insertnamehere

Only concern is MJ is talking about replacing Tulio internally with youth, and maybe looking at bringing someone in during the Jan window.

I actually think we will recruit, but it either it's too early/cagey to say anything yet or there is no one on the radar yet
Boys on the poddy were discussing and made sense. Likely itll happen late in the window.

Hopefully its not some 30+ yo journeyman from league 2

Ads

I would say they have sat down with Theo and had a conversation about staying with Mariners on bare minimum wages as a clear understanding he will stay as an impact sub until they can sell him overseas (India) like Murray etc.

But atleast that way he still has a chance at professional career rather than heading to NPL.

Meerkat

We’re a selling club buddy, time to deal with it.
To be fair, I do think you need to take public perception into consideration. To the well initiated, 100% we know that a contract extension is a smart business decision and we are going to make money when we sell them.

To the public view, on the back of high profile “contract extensions” like Garang, Cummings, Tulio” and 2 or 3 year deals like Silvera, it simply looks like the contract isn’t worth the paper it’s written on and the announcement is a Gee up!

As I said, we get it. Selling club. However, there aren’t enough hardcore fans to keep the Club or the League afloat, you need to keep somewhat in favour of the general fan base too. It’s a conundrum! ?‍♀️

Last edited:

Huddo

From day 1 they did.

I thought we were 100% independently owned by Spirits Sports and Leisure Group. I'm also pretty certain we have never received financial assistance from the FFA. I believe we are the only team not to have been assisted financially, even with the shit sandwich that was our accounts in the 12/13 Season. If you have any reports that acknowledge the financial assistance the FFA supposedly provided, I'd be happy to see them.

pjennings

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred