• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

FFC Mariner

It’s not just the planning. Do you really think all Miguel did was write up a few session plans?

It’s the involvement in the sessions as both coach and keeper. Plus doing the extra sessions with the younger keepers to develop them. And the clinics and overseeing the academy goalkeeping program.

Add to it all the fact that most gk coaches, as well as doing analysis on their own keepers and performance, they do analysis on opposing keepers - things like starting positions, how they come out for crosses, do they go down early or do they stay upright as long as possible in 1v1 etc.

That chip from tulio against the jets last year - I would bet there was some analysis input from Miguel that alerted him to be looking for it based on where the keeper was positioned.

As well as the outside game stuff, the good ones are on the iPad doing it in game and giving real time feedback to players and coaches. There is no way he can do that to any level of quality while focusing on play going on in front of him.

Sure he could plan sessions easily, but gk coaching these days is more than just a few handling drills and standing them in goals while the team does shooting practice.
Think like a teacher. Download drills from Web, photocopy and hand them out.
Simples

scoober

It’s not just the planning. Do you really think all Miguel did was write up a few session plans?

It’s the involvement in the sessions as both coach and keeper. Plus doing the extra sessions with the younger keepers to develop them. And the clinics and overseeing the academy goalkeeping program.

Add to it all the fact that most gk coaches, as well as doing analysis on their own keepers and performance, they do analysis on opposing keepers - things like starting positions, how they come out for crosses, do they go down early or do they stay upright as long as possible in 1v1 etc.

That chip from tulio against the jets last year - I would bet there was some analysis input from Miguel that alerted him to be looking for it based on where the keeper was positioned.

As well as the outside game stuff, the good ones are on the iPad doing it in game and giving real time feedback to players and coaches. There is no way he can do that to any level of quality while focusing on play going on in front of him.

Sure he could plan sessions easily, but gk coaching these days is more than just a few handling drills and standing them in goals while the team does shooting practice.
I'm pretty sure Jack Warshawsky runs the Youth keeper sessions....

turbo

I see what you're getting at but those extras like the analysis and youth stuff are the price of professional development. You do it now to progress to the next role. Sure theres likely to be issues around objectivity and a lack of differing opinions but im sure he also goes over things with MJ and his assistants. It's workable for this season.

Insertnamehere

E

Exactly my point. Its all academic, its time. Something an athlete has a fair bit of.

I wouldn't expect a player with less experience to take the load on but Danny was under Crawley for many a moon. He would be more than capable of dual rolling.

I wouldn't be surprised if Danny volunteered to take it on.

Big Al

Reading the Luca Trani interview after the city shellacking I wouldn’t be heading to Brisbane anytime soon regardless of the coach.

Unless they were to massively increase the wages it wouldn’t be worth it just to reunite with BC.
Hall wasn’t wanted or was close to leaving so he may have more attraction to Cahn depending on how he finds MJ. He has won the spot but Paull is right there and I reckon the club would want Paull playing so the pressure or trust in management might be a lot higher with Cahn.

But wha tif Cahn doesn’t want him. Been a while so Cahn has worked with others since but i do think Cahn would want Hall

As for Niz every club should and probably does want him but he is a very important part of our team and well trusted. I think his agent could certainly use Cahn as bait and if we don’t play ball we could loose him but I think he is in a good team and is pretty ingrained on the coast hopefully. Certainly a risk we can’t be messing around with.
Loosing them overseas is great but to other A League teams would be horrible especially as he has racked up that experience and is one of the best midfielders in the A League

Big Al

All well and good him taking the reins when he retires.

But he can’t be focused on playing and training as well as running the drills and doing analysis properly.
I reckon Danny could. He has been at the top for a long time and it makes more sense to transition this way than have a GK coach come in for a 4/5 months knowing they won’t be staying. You could offer it as an opportunity for an up and coming GK coach but are they really going to be able to have Danny’s respect.

While unconventional and a little unprofessional in today’s world I think it will work.

Danny certainly hasn’t been playing badly so it doesn’t seem to be effecting him.

FFC Mariner

Hall wasn’t wanted or was close to leaving so he may have more attraction to Cahn depending on how he finds MJ. He has won the spot but Paull is right there and I reckon the club would want Paull playing so the pressure or trust in management might be a lot higher with Cahn.

But wha tif Cahn doesn’t want him. Been a while so Cahn has worked with others since but i do think Cahn would want Hall

As for Niz every club should and probably does want him but he is a very important part of our team and well trusted. I think his agent could certainly use Cahn as bait and if we don’t play ball we could loose him but I think he is in a good team and is pretty ingrained on the coast hopefully. Certainly a risk we can’t be messing around with.
Loosing them overseas is great but to other A League teams would be horrible especially as he has racked up that experience and is one of the best midfielders in the A League
I think Paull was a Monty project.
MJ may have noticed that his positional sense is terrible

Big Al

I think Paull was a Monty project.
MJ may have noticed that his positional sense is terrible
Agree but he was best CB of the month or something in NPL at SFC so certainly has potential but hasn’t looked comfortable at the Mariners including Academy but I think the club would like to see him play in the hope they can Triantis him but yeah I agree MJ has seen some deficiencies and Hall and Kaltak have just been plain better together. Kaltak didn’t seem as certain on the right and with has Paull as his partner

pjennings

Agree but he was best CB of the month or something in NPL at SFC so certainly has potential but hasn’t looked comfortable at the Mariners including Academy but I think the club would like to see him play in the hope they can Triantis him but yeah I agree MJ has seen some deficiencies and Hall and Kaltak have just been plain better together. Kaltak didn’t seem as certain on the right and with has Paull as his partner
I'm sure Paull was a Monty project... but Dan was on the outer before being re-signed. Did Monty recognise he needed more work?

pjennings

Any bets that they might have a LUFC connection? Just sayin’ ……….

Curious. Hopefully not some journeyman born in the 80s
My guess would be someone with a similar profile to Jason's. 25 or 26 Scottish Premiership, Championship or League One player. Good player but will never earn the huge money in England. Sign here expecting to do well and make a money move to the ISL in 18 months.

Huddo

My guess would be someone with a similar profile to Jason's. 25 or 26 Scottish Premiership, Championship or League One player. Good player but will never earn the huge money in England. Sign here expecting to do well and make a money move to the ISL in 18 months.

I hope not.

Cummings was an exception, ridiculous talent stifled by personal demons, he isn't the norm when looking at lower tier english players.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred