• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

sydmariner

Ironbark

Giannou turned us down once already. We are an even less attractive option now I'd argue unless he doesn't have any other choice, and then probably short term only.

jacobsfl

I have some optimism for next season.

Looking at the players already signed on for next season....... Murray will play well if he can gain confidence in front of goal, Silvera is talented, just needs to get his head in the right space before he's ejected to the NPL... Stens has been one of my favourite players this season, lacks in attack but a great hard-working no-nonsense #6 capable of playing back, that's great. Rowles has been ok, rotation at best but could be valuable with his left foot. Re-signing Nizzy was a long time coming, hopefully, he can maintain his spot. DDS is still learning, he has moments, worth keeping for now as I still see potential. Kuol and DRD both look pretty good, hopefully, they'll get some game time should the season return.

Looking at players off-contract, it seems we've come to a consensus that Birras is off, so we'll need a new #1. Kim hasn't shown interest in staying, but from what I can tell Milan and Ziggy have, and if Milan can shake off that niggling injury he's a quality player, and we're all fans of Ziggy. Jair has been disappointing but he didn't gel with the squad, or so I'm told, so I don't see him staying. Chris Harold however I would love to keep, incredibly versatile player and possesses plenty of experience.

Best case scenario is that Ziggy and Milan re-sign (unless something has happened that I haven't heard about), which leaves us 3 VISA signing slots. Ideally, we would want a VISA striker, midfielder (wide or central) and a centre back. I imagine an Australian LB will appear on the market, but I'd like two VISA players at the back if possible with Ziggy and <insert VISA CB here>. A goal poacher would be great, a powerful forward capable of holding up the ball. Murray looks good as a support player (or at least that's how I see it) which means Harold can switch to his ideal position out wide with a VISA left-winger, having experienced wingers will theoretically keep Silvera grounded and aid his development. We then have Stensness, Milan, Nisbet and DDS in a midfield rotation, and Staj can utilise a 4-2-3-1 formation that's nice and flexible and can be adjusted as the game progresses, as it can become a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 with a few quick transitions that can be made from the touchline.

I might be talking absolute nonsense but if that's the team we lock-in next season, I'd be encouraged. We evidently have young players coming through the ranks. Financial issues aside, if we let go of Wee Mac and Simon who are on fat paychecks, we can really start looking at building a competitive squad. This is all circumstantial of course but I'd be encouraged if that's the squad we walk out with next season.

jacobsfl

Giannou turned us down once already. We are an even less attractive option now I'd argue unless he doesn't have any other choice, and then probably short term only.
Has played at a high level which would demand a large paycheck but hasn't shown much goal return, I'd be sceptical that he'd be worth it as a one-season deal if he were to sign.

Pirate Pete

Has played at a high level which would demand a large paycheck but hasn't shown much goal return, I'd be sceptical that he'd be worth it as a one-season deal if he were to sign.
Yes, I looked at his wiki page. He hasn't really scored that much.
Just like the strikers we usually sign.
I agree he has played at a high level, but how it the Cypriot league rated?
Anyone know? I always thought it a place old pros went for a last pay cheque.

jacobsfl

Yes, I looked at his wiki page. He hasn't really scored that much.
Just like the strikers we usually sign.
I agree he has played at a high level, but how it the Cypriot league rated?
Anyone know? I always thought it a place old pros went for a last pay cheque.
Pretty much. His pedigree comes from his time with Guangzhou and PAOK Panthessaloníkios, of which he scored 3 goals from 26 appearances.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I see our late lamented Mayor is trying to get games at Newcastle. Its almost like they are desperate for money for some reason.
why wouldn't he be trying to get games? It's almost like getting games there might be the best thing for his club!
geez, people get weirdly sour about somebody from another club doing their job.....

marinermick

why wouldn't he be trying to get games? It's almost like getting games there might be the best thing for his club!
geez, people get weirdly sour about somebody from another club doing their job.....

That post didn't look sour or weird to me.

It was more pointed to the dour financial situation the Jets are currently in that FFC Mariner was inferring to.

jacobsfl

He wont come back to the a-league
Never say never. He didn't look Championship level talent, hence why Hull are in 21st. It'd be a step down for sure, but it depends on who's interested. I'm not completely ruling out a move to the Victory, being a Melbourne boy.

Ironbark

It'd be a big call anyone coming back to the a-league just now if they have decent options. It's a quickly shifting landscape right now and very uncertain

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami