• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

adz

Staff member
Haha poor SFC can't steal our talent. He doesn't even want a transfer system just loan system. Trying to steal for free.

Piss off and show us the money.

Just get an o/s club to buy him for you next time. Haha

He's pissed off because he didn't think of it and/or couldn't make a similar deal himself.

dibo

He's pissed off most of all because only City can do it because they have the money and they have the relationship to the overseas club. Whether Sydney 'had the idea' or not, they could never have done it because they don't have a side door available to them like City do.

Leave aside the questions about Arnie's conduct (and that's a separate issue, but I doubt that other coaches or players refrain from talking to old mates in other clubs, especially old mates who have the shits with their present employers), that inconsistency is unfair.

The only solution is to allow intra-league transfers or loans, and I'm sure that what FFA means by "we're reviewing the system in the off-season" is "we're designing a new system during this season and we'll present it as a fait accompli post season".

Forum Phoenix

Been bad enough having our players poached at the end of the season. So not at all fond of the idea of other clubs being able to buy whoever is performing best at the cash strapped Mariners each January. Selling them OS in january is enough pain. Watching your best player play against you the following week would be unbearable.

Big Al

Been bad enough having our players poached at the end of the season. So not at all fond of the idea of other clubs being able to buy whoever is performing best at the cash strapped Mariners each January. Selling them OS in january is enough pain. Watching your best player play against you the following week would be unbearable.
The rest of the world does it. Just depends how will they spend the cash.
Better to get something now than nothing in a year or two.

Forum Phoenix

The rest of the world does it. Just depends how will they spend the cash.
Better to get something now than nothing in a year or two.

Yeah they do. And the fans hate it. Because it's shit. IMO it's something we're doing right. Not wrong. Like the salary cap. Only the wealthy clubs win long term if we change this. This is not the same as being a development club. We should fight any such idea to the death. Short sighted to do otherwise.

"Better to get something now than nothing in a year or two." We don't have a history of losing all our best players on a free. We have a history of giving them long term contracts to ensure when they do break out, we capitalise. I wouldn't have liked to have seen Mile bought by SFC, kick our ass for a year, then get sold OS for more than we got. Or Matty Ryan went to MV after his first season with us...

We'd be forced into those shit awful battles where the player wants to go, but the club doesn't want to make the deal, but the player and dressing room harmony is all but screwed until it essentially takes place. We'd have to change our policy and start standing in players way.

Can't believe you really want this drama in the HAL - especially when we are the club who would have the shortest end of the stick out of ALL the clubs?

Rowdy

And you'll here time & time again from many an overseas Coach/Manager that they hate the Jan transfer window.

It upsets the balance of teams when players leave - then having to replace them.

As well as the problem of players with their heads up their arses & minds focused on where they might go AND 'How much fcuk'n money $$$ can I get if I go there'

All this takes away their focus from playing good consistent football for their current clubs.

Caceras is a prime example:
his head was up his arse 2 weeks prior to Xmas and mind definitely on 'where to next & for HOW FCUK'N MUCH'

Rowdy

Fast-Forward to the future & I guarantee Caceras will be telling his Grandkiddies tales of ..............

Cac: "When I was young, I was signed by the richest Football Club in the world - Manchester City"

GKiddie: "How many games did you play for them Grandad ???"

Cac: "Well son, eeerm .... uuum ..... I actually never played a game for them :unsure:

GKiddie: ":eek: :eek: :eek: Why did you NEVER play a single game for them G'Dad ???

Cac: "Well you see son, :oops: They were like a Library & I was like one of their books"

GKiddie: " I dont understand G'Dad :confused: ..... YOU WERE A BOOK !??:confused:"

Cac: "That's right son, I was just like a book, Man.City would loan me out to ANY club that fell for the fairytale and all the pretty pictures within my pages"

GKiddie: "You had pictures in your book ??? o_Oo_O What kind of pictures were in your book ???

Cac: "The pictures in my book are ones that are called dot-to-dot ones"

GKiddie: "So G'Dad, did the clubs like your book ???"

Cac: "Unfortunately son, :oops: when the Managers took out their pencil's, they ALL soon realised - that most of my dots just didnt join together"

GKiddie: "So there were NO pretty pictures ???"

Cac: "No son, :(:(:( just the premise of pretty pictures. So you see, it was all ONLY just a Fairytale"

GKiddie: "So is that why you now live in this caravan ???"

Cac: "Yes my son. I mistakenly mixed up my ambitions with my abilities and the truth is a bitter pill that we all must taste from time to time in life"

The End. :tv:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:

Gratis

My concern would be-

example: SydFc buys player off CCM in January for $1ook (too hard to say no to needing the $) - SydFC sells same player overseas at end of season for $300K

our development model would take a hit as a result

Mariners Magnet

My concern would be-

example: SydFc buys player off CCM in January for $1ook (too hard to say no to needing the $) - SydFC sells same player overseas at end of season for $300K

I would hope the club has in place a On-sell clause. This would have been handy for Matty R.

Gratis

There was one for Maty - we did well out of his last move by all accounts (although I don't know if they've actually paid up or not yet)

nebakke

My concern would be-

I think though, that it's worth bearing in mind that opening up for internal transfers, doesn't mean that a player HAS to go... It'd mean more negotiations in the windows, no doubt, but even for the rich clubs like Sydney... They'd still have to stay under the salary cap wouldn't they? So there's a limit to how much money they could throw at a player and - as seen with Caceres - we're not necessarily going to sell a player just because there's an interest... The price has to be right and that, presumably, would take into account the impact 0n our squad and what we'd need to do to recover.
On-sell clauses would probably be a fairly natural addition for us as well, I'd think.

Big Al

Yeah they do. And the fans hate it. Because it's shit. IMO it's something we're doing right. Not wrong. Like the salary cap. Only the wealthy clubs win long term if we change this. This is not the same as being a development club. We should fight any such idea to the death. Short sighted to do otherwise.

"Better to get something now than nothing in a year or two." We don't have a history of losing all our best players on a free. We have a history of giving them long term contracts to ensure when they do break out, we capitalise. I wouldn't have liked to have seen Mile bought by SFC, kick our ass for a year, then get sold OS for more than we got. Or Matty Ryan went to MV after his first season with us...

We'd be forced into those shit awful battles where the player wants to go, but the club doesn't want to make the deal, but the player and dressing room harmony is all but screwed until it essentially takes place. We'd have to change our policy and start standing in players way.

Can't believe you really want this drama in the HAL - especially when we are the club who would have the shortest end of the stick out of ALL the clubs?
Salary cap and transfers different issues.
Transfers:
Why limit our selling opportunities? The Australian market would be our biggest opportunity. Look at Caceras as an example his lack of European passport might limit his overseas opportunities. We can sell to Asia where they only want the best due to their restrictions, lower England leagues have to much choice to spend much and Holland etc also want the best players. A lot of the players we sell are Socceroos or have Socceroos potential. They don't come around all the time. Also we have sold a few times in Jan when the player has been in the last 6 months of their contract therefore reducing the price we would have received and no guarantee they would resign or they did resign based on a condition that we would sell as soon as they found a buyer.
Caceras wanted out for some reasonable reasons that were basically club inflicted but also might have had someone pushing it. He allegedly wanted to go to Syd, we were prepared to let him go if we got players in return, which is fine but does the new player really want to be here (another argument). Sydney getting the shits shows they had him in their sights and might have been niggling at him. We didn't need to cave and possibly wouldn't have and he might have come back and tried harder knowing a line had been drawn or he might have had a bigger sook so hard to tell. Our motto is to sell for profit, so to make us viable we need to sell.
Look at the other end, Fitzy. He obviously was not a sellable commodity but Melb City took him. If there was a transfer system we might have been able to get some money for him. Even 10k is better than the see you later we got. We could sell lesser players to Aussie clubs as well it's not all about the big deals.
All this is what the club wants, fans yeah for sure I don't want them running around for the other clubs but if we don't sell in our contract period they can just walk. Maybe the recent history of everyone going to Syd clouds the judgement

Also a transfer fee goes club to club and has no effect on the player.
So doesn't matter what we get for the sale the buyer still needs to put his contract in the salary cap. If Syd or City want someone bad enough let them pay us what we can get. If the player gets an increase at the new club they might be happy. E.g we might pay Caceras 100k and City might pay him 200k per year. Let City or Syd waste their spare cash on us if they want. Not our problem if the players wage is less than a transfer fee.

Also we don't need to sell. It can be easy to shut down transfer gossip. Jump on the front foot. We are not selling the end stop talking about it.
Look at Dortmund hands off their striker he not for sale don't bother, but Madrid are weak in their comments because they want the chatter.

The risk could be we have to look at longer contracts than present and that could be a problem if they fail.

Ideally the Jan window doesn't exist but that will never happen.

Also
Salary Cap:
Absolutely needs to be kept and strictly. Already the small changes are making an obvious divide in my mind. Think we just lucky Syd and West Syd Marquees aren't as good as City. Overseas recruits are very important atm.

I think the drama already exists in the A League the remedies are just limited to release or swap deal. We might not always want what the other team has to offer.

Rowdy

FFA to review 'Caceres rule' at season's end:
cacaa.jpg

The controversial 'Anthony Caceres rule' that allowed the player to make his way from Central Coast Mariners to Melbourne City via the latter's parent club, Manchester City, will be reviewed at the end of the season.

Football Federation Australia (FFA) told The World Game that while the process by which Caceres ended up at Melbourne City was legitimate under the rules, such regulations were reviewed annually. Sydney FC CEO Tony Pignata has robustly led calls for a review.

The statement released by FFA read: "The transfer of Anthony Caceres from the Central Coast Mariners to Manchester City and the subsequent loan from Manchester City to Melbourne City has been completed in line with the current FFA regulatory framework,” said Head of the A-League, Damien de Bohun.

"Those regulations are reviewed in the normal course of business after every season."

There would have understandably been no anticipation of a body such as the City Football Group, owners of English Premier League giant Manchester City, purchasing an A-League club when the rules were first put in place.

On Twitter on Tuesday, Pignata was highly critical of the rule that allowed the move.

Elaborating in a conversation with False 9, Pignata described it as a loophole that needed to be closed to be fair to the other nine A-League clubs, which don't have big-spending parent clubs.

"What Melbourne City have done is legit, you know, they've loaned a player through Man City and the transfer window's open and I'm sure that what's required to go into the salary cap has been approved by the FFA," Pignata said.

"But what I'm saying is the current laws are wrong and that they need to be reviewed at the end of the season because there's a loophole and it's not a level playing field for all the other clubs.

"Your parent club buys the player and then, because there's no transfers between A-League clubs, effectively Caceres has gone from Central Coast to Melbourne City via Man City.

"If they say that we're allowed to do loans or transfers between A-League clubs, then so be it, but at the moment we're not allowed to do it. The only way you can get another player is if his contract is terminated and another club can pick him up."

After posting an initial tweet about the Caceres move, Pignata later posted another tweet, which he told False 9 he did to clarify
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

From Twitter:

The loaning of Caceres to City is wrong. How can @FFA allow this? There are no transfers between@ALeague clubs yet it seems you can by pass

— Tony Pignata (@tpignata9)January 19, 2016
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Just one point to add. What City have done is totally within the rules. I just think that current@FFA rules need to be looked at.

— Tony Pignata (@tpignata9)January 19, 2016
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"I just wanted people to be sure that I'm not saying there's anything sinister behind what Melbourne City have done," Pignata said.

"What they've done is totally legit under the current laws, but if everyone just sits on their hands nothing gets done (in response).

"I believe in building this league up and making sure this whole game grows, and I'm sure if you asked the FFA they would acknowledge that it is something they need to look at.

"You can't change the rules mid-season, but at the end of the season let's look at this rule and see what can be done to make it fair and equitable across the league."

The Mancunian Candidate

Meanwhile, football fans have swamped Caceres with congratulations for the wonderful career he had at Manchester City in the five minutes between him leaving Central Coast Mariners and joining Melbourne City.

Caceres made such an impact that Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini told him: "I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now."

OK, there was no such conversation and, yes, False 9 is taking the you-know-what. In all honesty, good luck to Caceres, he is just trying to further his career.

And if you recognise those words attributed to Pellegrini but which he never said, you won't be surprised to learn they represent the cue for one of the most annoying Mancunians ever to see the light of day, Liam Gallagher, and the rest of Oasis to take to the stage.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...-round-15-ffa-review-caceres-rule-seasons-end

elevated position

Salary cap and transfers different issues.
Transfers:
Why limit our selling opportunities? The Australian market would be our biggest opportunity. Look at Caceras as an example his lack of European passport might limit his overseas opportunities. We can sell to Asia where they only want the best due to their restrictions, lower England leagues have to much choice to spend much and Holland etc also want the best players. A lot of the players we sell are Socceroos or have Socceroos potential. They don't come around all the time. Also we have sold a few times in Jan when the player has been in the last 6 months of their contract therefore reducing the price we would have received and no guarantee they would resign or they did resign based on a condition that we would sell as soon as they found a buyer.
Caceras wanted out for some reasonable reasons that were basically club inflicted but also might have had someone pushing it. He allegedly wanted to go to Syd, we were prepared to let him go if we got players in return, which is fine but does the new player really want to be here (another argument). Sydney getting the shits shows they had him in their sights and might have been niggling at him. We didn't need to cave and possibly wouldn't have and he might have come back and tried harder knowing a line had been drawn or he might have had a bigger sook so hard to tell. Our motto is to sell for profit, so to make us viable we need to sell.
Look at the other end, Fitzy. He obviously was not a sellable commodity but Melb City took him. If there was a transfer system we might have been able to get some money for him. Even 10k is better than the see you later we got. We could sell lesser players to Aussie clubs as well it's not all about the big deals.
All this is what the club wants, fans yeah for sure I don't want them running around for the other clubs but if we don't sell in our contract period they can just walk. Maybe the recent history of everyone going to Syd clouds the judgement

Also a transfer fee goes club to club and has no effect on the player.
So doesn't matter what we get for the sale the buyer still needs to put his contract in the salary cap. If Syd or City want someone bad enough let them pay us what we can get. If the player gets an increase at the new club they might be happy. E.g we might pay Caceras 100k and City might pay him 200k per year. Let City or Syd waste their spare cash on us if they want. Not our problem if the players wage is less than a transfer fee.

Also we don't need to sell. It can be easy to shut down transfer gossip. Jump on the front foot. We are not selling the end stop talking about it.
Look at Dortmund hands off their striker he not for sale don't bother, but Madrid are weak in their comments because they want the chatter.

The risk could be we have to look at longer contracts than present and that could be a problem if they fail.

Ideally the Jan window doesn't exist but that will never happen.

Also
Salary Cap:
Absolutely needs to be kept and strictly. Already the small changes are making an obvious divide in my mind. Think we just lucky Syd and West Syd Marquees aren't as good as City. Overseas recruits are very important atm.

I think the drama already exists in the A League the remedies are just limited to release or swap deal. We might not always want what the other team has to offer.

In all of this if this system came about we would be paying other clubs as well e.g Heff , Bray and Uskok from their Melbourne clubs, Sim , Trifirro and Posco from their Sydney NPL clubs .

I am all for these clubs getting some return on their effort and putting these guys in the window to start with.
So when Arnie comes sniffing don't forget we already did it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred