• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

true believer

A government spokesperson said the new plant is "not a government project" and as such "any additional costs or schedule overruns are the responsibility of EDF and its partners and will in no way fall on taxpayers".

Sounds like this EDF mob are useless, not the nuclear plant itself. Not sure what this proves to anyone. Also worth nothing that a Chinese firm, China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN), a state-run company, declined to plough more funding into the project beyond its contracted term in 2023.

Plenty of nuclear power success stories to go around, it's silly to argue otherwise.

Interesting to note nowhere in those articles does it say "what an abject failure" nuclear power generation is and true believer is throwing around insults tantamount to libel.

Is constructing new power generation expensive? Yes.
The trade off is it doesn't take 4000 acres to generate the same. England isn't rich in land mass, bruh.

Try making your argument without ad hominems.
pure bullshit . the premises of cheap power is a fraud .at 50 Billion pounds for 3.2 GW of power .
thats 97,000,000,000 dollars au .australia would need around 32 GW to cover are current demand. thats
a tad under a trillion. in todays dollars .you'd be lucky to get them on line for decades as it took hinkley point C

these reactors are prohibitively expensive . never mind .we don't have 60 years experience or running
safe reactors like windscale ,chernobyl ,fukushima ,3 mile island etc .

what the myth of ,never will be built, nuclear power stations .is deflecting you from . doing anything about the green house catastrophe we are in .
spacks and other LNP puppets are hoping you look anywhere else but at the problem .

thats untill we are getting gangbanged by a global emissions intensity scheme .which turns australia into argentine .this isn't far away .

true believer

BaCk ThAt Up WiTh EvIdEnCE
nothing to see here

say it isn't true jill

not exxon to jill

check out jill from 5:30 minutes

Last edited:

true believer

No surprises when confronted with factual information and sources, you run away away with your tail between your legs without even acknowledging this post, @true believer.

oooooh is that when cando .imposed a a royally after labor wanted to put a resource rent tax on gina , clive and other IPA griffers .to pay for sacking 14,000 public servants , you know like cops , nurses ,ambo's

and then you come at me with what I said 5 pages later! You can't even come up with your own shit, bruh!
what are you saying HPC isn't going to cost now 50 billion pounds .good one

Last edited:

true believer

what we do know is the lying LNP killed, under keith pitt. every storage facility that came across his desk.
barnay past out on a park bench joyce .is doing what ever he can to stop transmission lines being run in the bush .
vandalism is a way of life for the LNP stooges

true believer

Yeah this claim is what I want sources on, nothing else.
well what account do you believe an obvious stooge like stein is receiving payment ?
do you believe tulsi gabbard was a real RT democrat without a cayman or other account ?
do you believe democrat kyrsten sinema wasn't on the GOP payroll ?

maybe you can find which LNP members sold water licenses and put the money in cayman island bank accounts ?
shush angus

of course we're still waiting for "facts" on "Lower Emissions = Lower productivity and lower GDP"
tic tic tic

Spacks

maybe you can find which LNP members sold water licenses and put the money in cayman island bank accounts ?
shush angus.
It's not on me to find sources for your outlandish claims lol
of course we're still waiting for "facts" on "Lower Emissions = Lower productivity and lower GDP"
tic tic tic
Considering Australia currently uses over 50% fossil fuels in its generation of electricity, I don't think it's a wild claim that requires sources.
NO FOSSIL FUELS = REDUCED PRODUCTIVITY,
REDUCED PRODUCTIVITY = REDUCED OUTPUT OF PRODUCTS
REDUCED PRODUCTS = REDUCED $$

Pretty simple concept.

08409bcab748b1d22531a4bd3bfa99cb.png

There's the source of over 50% fossil fuels.

Last edited:

true believer

It's not on me to find sources for your outlandish claims lol

Considering Australia currently uses over 50% fossil fuels in its generation of electricity, I don't think it's a wild claim that requires sources.

Pretty simple concept.

very selective edit . it's the sort of duplicity you get from conservatives that have done everything in their power to Stifle renewables . it's what you get from stooges that haven't had an energy policy since kyoto .
it's up there with magical mystical nuclear reactors that would take 40 years plus to built at a trillion dollars, on todays costs . regardless of a munmorah meltdown (HCP for costs)

pjennings

very selective edit . it's the sort of duplicity you get from conservatives that have done everything in their power to Stifle renewables . it's what you get from stooges that haven't had an energy policy since kyoto .
it's up there with magical mystical nuclear reactors that would take 40 years plus to built at a trillion dollars, on todays costs . regardless of a munmorah meltdown (HCP for costs)
How long did it take to build those imaginery car par parks they promised.

Spacks

selective edit . ok
what do you mean selective? I was laughing at the fact you never addressed the claim you made about Jill Stein receiving hundreds of thousands into her cayman bank account. You made that claim! Back it up with evidence!

No sense debating things with you if you aren't going to do it in good faith.

For context, he said I needed to provide facts:
tic tic tic

I countered with

Pretty simple concept.

Not sure how you could come to the conclusion I've edited my posts selectively.

Spacks

You got a source on that timeframe and costing?

All commercial nuclear reactors use nuclear fission. As of July 2024, there are 415 operable power reactors in the world, with a combined electrical capacity of 373.7 GW

true believer

You got a source on that timeframe and costing?

All commercial nuclear reactors use nuclear fission. As of July 2024, there are 415 operable power reactors in the world, with a combined electrical capacity of 373.7 GW

hcp posted already .as i told you . or HINKLEY POINT C if thats not to hard .
how long do you think a nation with no experience in reactors would take to build ten of these pieces of shit ? 40 years would be optimistic

just stop bullshitting for the coal industry .reactors will never be built
lets face it buffoons like your have already f**ked us into 415ppm of co2
upps it's 422.12ppm now
you haven't got a bunker in new zealand like various billionaires to avoid the apocalypse
which is already down the path of no return .

well done mate . job done for gina

Last edited:

Spacks

hcp posted already .as i told you . or HINKLEY POINT C if thats not to hard .
how long do you think a nation with no experience in reactors would take to build ten of these pieces of shit ? 40 years would be optimistic
Hinkley Point C is one nuclear reactor out of hundreds, plenty of success stories in the wiki links I provided (I seem to be the one providing sources for all my arguments).
Our first students of the Nuclear Propulsion training center in America have graduated, so we're getting that experience!
source #1 said:
In another significant milestone for the Australia, United Kingdom, United States enhanced trilateral security partnership AUKUS, the first seven Royal Australian Navy enlisted sailors have graduated from the United States Navy Nuclear Power School.

incomprehensible nonsense said:
just stop bullshitting for the coal industry .reactors will never be built
lets face it buffoons like your have already f**ked us into 415ppm of co2
I'm engaging in debate about the NUCLEAR industry, try and keep up!

more incomprehensible nonsense said:
upps it's 422.12ppm now
you haven't got a bunker in new zealand like various billionaires to avoid the apocalypse
which is already down the path of no return .

It's entirely possible they're building bunkers to survive the next 'Younger Dryas' event, not the rising carbon dioxide. You should look that one up to put the fear up yah clacker.

Maybe even the fact that if the Northern Hemisphere gets into a nuclear weapon exchange, the radioactive fallout crossing the equator could be marginal.

Sagan and Turco predict a grim scenario for even a "marginal" nuclear winter. They calculate that a few nuclear detonations above urban centers in a contained nuclear war could lower temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere by a few degrees. Agricultural production would suffer, resulting in famine — especially if accompanied by severe drought. While a great deal of the ash would return to Earth in black rains, much would remain in the upper atmosphere. Sagan and Turco predict that the deaths from such a nuclear winter would equal those killed in the nuclear war. Everything below the equator would remain mostly unaffected, given the hemispheric separation of air currents and the fact that most nuclear targets exist in the Northern Hemisphere.

Source #1: https://www.contactairlandandsea.co...ilors-graduate-from-usn-nuclear-power-school/

Source #2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas

Source #3: https://science.howstuffworks.com/nuclear-winter.htm#:~:text=Everything below the equator would,exist in the Northern Hemisphere.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andreas