• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Big Al

How about some positivity.
Which current player would you back to go against Mat Simon for toilet paper at Woolworths.
I reckon Milan would have a good aggressive streak if you pissed him off. Maybe Miller for a smokey
What about the light weight division. Surely Nissy’s experience at Woolworths gets him an advantage. Silvera looks the meanest but not sure who to back from the little fellas

bikinigirl

Would I be right in saying that coronavirus is a good thing for us?

. financially?

. because the added pressure of a crowd* (expectant or otherwise) won't be on them?

* perhaps you could discuss what constitutes a crowd ... i had been contemplating this before the Government decreed it was 500 (i.e. we were not exactly 'crowded' at the last home game). personally i'd feel safer sitting in the stands than watching the game at a telecast venue which is my likely alternative

Ancient Mariner

. financially?

. because the added pressure of a crowd* (expectant or otherwise) won't be on them?

* perhaps you could discuss what constitutes a crowd ... i had been contemplating this before the Government decreed it was 500 (i.e. we were not exactly 'crowded' at the last home game). personally i'd feel safer sitting in the stands than watching the game at a telecast venue which is my likely alternative
I agree BG. Sad you do not have Kayo and have to put yourself at greater risk to watch the game. Luckily you are young and should be ok.
Although we all have the same risk of catching the virus some of us are of an age where the consequences may be dire.
I will watch on tv and limit my outings for the next few months to essentials.
Stay safe everyone, we cannot afford to loose any supporters.:cheers:

jacobsfl

Any word on candidates for football director?
Apparently Zwaanswjik essentially put his hand up for it but not sure on the truth of that.

As for the topic that BG brought up; yeah, I can see why you'd feel safer at the game than at perhaps a sports bar or, as you mention, any other telecast venue. 3,000 people in a large stadium is much less dangerous to 100 people in a sports bar.

The crowd atmosphere seems to have zero impact on player performance, as shown by our performance against Brisbane. Which is odd, as the crowd atmosphere often has quite a large role in how a team performs throughout a game. It can affect morale, and provide an extra boost of determination when needed.

When the boys performed in front of an empty audience, they'd played their best game since the turn of the decade. I don't get it.

turbo

. young! doesn't say much for your eyesight ;) (thanks though :wub:)

. i am more susceptible due to a compromised immune system (i don't have as many organs as most people)
There’s a 3 month kayo trial via beteasy that has been posted on reddit previously. I don’t believe you need to deposit to redeem.

bikinigirl

There’s a 3 month kayo trial via beteasy that has been posted on reddit previously. I don’t believe you need to deposit to redeem.

. i'm not saying that i'll use it ... but i appreciate the info. thanks

pjennings

Great pod guys!!

Funnily enough - while Shaun thought he was probably being depressing I really enjoyed it. His chat really just confirmed what everyone knew. Something has to change. The fact that I know that is recognised by the club is positive in itself. We truly are at a fork in the road.

Last edited:

Ironbark

Only 15 mins into Shaun's interview but all very interesting and I like that he is realistic about the club, needing to probably change the model to survive and the commitment to keep the club going.

It will be tough on our guys but pleasant for us to have a compact run of games to watch. Well, I say pleasant...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami