• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Ads

Follow up example.
Keep 3 or 4 of these young contracted players for bench/squad.

So all investment is in the top 12 players.

Next 10 players all youth/scolarship.

priorpeter

Hi guys

Is it possible to get Kale Morrow on the pod?

I got this from the HAL stats page about our strikers. I only compared Murray, Simon and Jair. These stats show Murray to be well in front of Jair. However, a number of forumites say that it is a subjective thing. (I agree to a large extent and thought Jair worked hard in his first game but hasn't shown the same drive since so I still prefer Murray.)

What I am would like to see though is Kale Morrow's stats on involvement in goals for all of forwards and more importantly you guys doing an interview with Kale to explain the graph's.

My view's are formed by purely looking at the game and while I have seen vast improvement in Murray's overall game since he came here I think he has lost confidence in front of goal. That said - in football the team needs to score and the strikers have the main responsibility to do so.

Hey @pjennings (and all!),
Kale will be joining us in the studio this arvo, so please feel free to fire through any questions you may have for him as well!!

Cheers

FFC Mariner

Why is there a total lack of engagement by the owner(s), the CEO and the coach to try to convince fans that they haven't stuffed up yet another season?
The remaining fans must be fed up with the "give us more time" and "youth is our future" bullshit.
Can any of them define "improvement"?

pjennings

We have 10/11 signed players for 20/21 season.
A lot of which would still be chewing up important $$$ as bench/squad players.

What are the chances that any clubs would take some of these players as loan or any clubs being interested for us to release them?

We have 11 signed. 9 will be 23 or younger at the start of next season. Some considerably younger. I would be surprised if in total those 11 were breaking the bank especially since Roma is supposedly still paying part of DDSs wage.

Coast Football Ramble

We touch on the weekend's loss to Wellington, and discuss the ownership situation at the club. Kale Morrow drops by for a chat about all things statistical. Erin has a good rant.

new-pod-alert-2-jpg.1520

Big Al

Get off my lawn.

Erin certainly didn’t miss but just be careful with statements like that we can’t complain if MC sells us to Canberra etc.

I laughed out loud in the quiet carriage when he Erin said he uses a sun dial hilarious.

ashman89

Rallis did say on SST that Tasmania were ready to table a $20mil bid for the license should MC want to leave. Not sure how accurate that is though

turbo

Rallis did say on SST that Tasmania were ready to table a $20mil bid for the license should MC want to leave. Not sure how accurate that is though

If they’re willing to put down that kind of coin just start the process of going to 14 teams already, take them and Canberra as greenfields a league sites and schedule them to join for 21-22.

Use the funds to promote the league

pjennings

Just on why would people (including Anton and Singo who were mentioned) want to put money into the club - there is no reason. That changes if we finally get management rights and can open the stadium precinct up to a 365 precinct. At that time investment makes sense for Anton, Singo, Denny and any number of investors.

On the flip side if there is no management rights the prospect in the very near future of a 14 team comp with 3 new teams and the Mariners gone is a very real possibility.

Insertnamehere

Just listened to the podcast and you boys asked Anton for me, if the club was actively looking for money. He scoffed at that question as if it was stupid to ask. But as you boys said, its been six f**king years. They can't be looking that hard.

Coast Football Ramble

Charlesworth has listened and responded. He would like to clear up a couple of things.

• He has been virtually funding the club for close to 10 years now, not 6
  • He has been seeking investment/funding for the same period and it is obviously difficult/impossible
  • If there is a clear consensus he is not wanted he will spend his limited funds elsewhere
So....there's that.

Coastalraider

Charlesworth has listened and responded. He would like to clear up a couple of things.

• He has been seeking investment/funding for the same period and it is obviously difficult/impossible
  • If there is a clear consensus he is not wanted he will spend his limited funds elsewhere
So....there's that.

Or:

Put a price tag on the team that reflects its current situation and status, rather than what would be a break even point.

jacobsfl

So....there's that.

Yikes.

I don't think it's us not wanting him at the club. If there's no Charlesworth there's no Mariners. We're just so frustrated that we've poured so much time and effort into the club and haven't seen much in return.

I've got a sickening feeling next season will be our last.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami