• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

pjennings

In answer to the repeated spoons question

Mariners thrown a lifesaver
Central Coast Mariners are on track to be branded with their fourth wooden spoon in six years after slumping to bottom of the table after their 2-0 loss to Adelaide last week, putting them at a legal risk of having their licence revoked on the grounds of poor performances.

f1180e495b19140aaf5d2036ddd77070d9ff3d7a

Minimum performance measures in A-League participation agreements with FFA suggest a club can be "relegated" for finishing bottom of the table three years in a row, or four times out of six seasons.

But A-League boss Greg O'Rourke told The Hairdryer the competition's new management won't be looking to invoke its power to remove the Mariners should they finish last again.

"We have no intention to use ladder position to determine the licence," he said. "What we are committed to do is work with clubs on the bottom of the ladder to take new initiatives to improve their competitiveness."

Former FFA chief David Gallop was not as lenient towards repeated poor performance. When News Corp revealed the clauses last year, Gallop said: "The proper management of any league requires KPIs that assist the continued good performance of the constituent clubs and contribute to the strength of the league as a whole."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...-hip-hop-over-tokyo-2020-20200220-p542on.html

Pirate Pete

He mentioned scrapping the cap all the way back in 2013 at a fans forum.
COE of one of the things being done to help the Mariners when the cap went.
I also seem to remember him throwing ideas out there with trying to get spectators to sit on the sunny side.
Drinks delivered to your seat and free Mexican sombreros were a couple I remember him coming out with.
In a joking kind of way. That's why I was sceptical of the "line out at corners" Moss was on about.
Although Prior Pete gave me a red cross for that comment.
I realise PP has more inside knowledge of the club though, so perhaps it did happen.

pjennings

He mentioned scrapping the cap all the way back in 2013 at a fans forum.
COE of one of the things being done to help the Mariners when the cap went.

My understanding of the COE progress. The COE is essentially blocked by council as far as I can see.

They want a second entrance other than Byrant Drive. They will no longer allow Ibius Cl to be that entrance. From my understanding the extra non Byrant Drive access requirement was added because of the Sports precinct being built and Ibis Cl, while it was originally ok in our original plan is now considered out because of change traffic flows introduced with the new lights at Wyong Rd and the Highway.

An alternative that has been suggested Council has no plans for, but have suggested it would cost around $15M which they are in no hurry to fund.

adz

Staff member
The cap doesn't exist anyway with so many exemptions, so why bother pretending there is one?

pjennings

The cap doesn't exist anyway with so many exemptions, so why bother pretending there is one?

While ever it exists in its present format it works against any club that cannot attract top marquees. A club that can afford two quality marquees outside the cap will not have to pay overs to get people to play there. The rest are left paying too much for journeymen who do not deserve the money. I'd rather get rid of the cap altogether and pay players their true value - many will get a rude shock.

The PFA wanting to keep the visa players out of the cap is just a way to inflate wages. If that plan gets up then we should be limiting the salary cap $1.5M to $1.8M for the remaining 14 - 17 players.

pjennings

Hi guys

Is it possible to get Kale Morrow on the pod?

I got this from the HAL stats page about our strikers. I only compared Murray, Simon and Jair. These stats show Murray to be well in front of Jair. However, a number of forumites say that it is a subjective thing. (I agree to a large extent and thought Jair worked hard in his first game but hasn't shown the same drive since so I still prefer Murray.)

What I am would like to see though is Kale Morrow's stats on involvement in goals for all of forwards and more importantly you guys doing an interview with Kale to explain the graph's.

My view's are formed by purely looking at the game and while I have seen vast improvement in Murray's overall game since he came here I think he has lost confidence in front of goal. That said - in football the team needs to score and the strikers have the main responsibility to do so.

Attachments

• Strikers.pdf
    24 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

jacobsfl

What are some realistic ways the fans can get further involved with the club and assist in decisions made by the club hierarchy, so that the club can allow the supporters to share their voice

ashman89

“Rumblings” being reported at the club which will come out in the next few weeks. Can any of you boys comment on this?

Ads

We have 10/11 signed players for 20/21 season.
A lot of which would still be chewing up important $$$ as bench/squad players.

What are the chances that any clubs would take some of these players as loan or any clubs being interested for us to release them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami