• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Club Ownership

Stuartmcateer

You are speaking of the current A-League standard. I suspect future a_League standard will be closer to NPL.
Then we could use pluim or double Woy and not have to build 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can still use the stadium for finals and games against Sydney, WSW and jets. And new years, but only coz I like the fireworks.

Meerkat

As the day goes on, my anger is mounting and so are my concerns about the state he has left us in.

A week out from the start of a season and mid ACL.

Was the guy not on some kind of contract that prevented him pulling the plug before the end of the 3 years?

Don’t get me wrong.. I can’t stand him. But have we even the funds to get through the season? What about travel in Asia?

He made a commitment and that generally involves knowing and weighing up the risks. I’m not buying at all this is all on the back of APL funding cuts. Thats a cop out.

Do the sponsors and fans get to pull out of their financial commitment too?

crock

As the day goes on, my anger is mounting and so are my concerns about the state he has left us in.

A week out from the start of a season and mid ACL.

Was the guy not on some kind of contract that prevented him pulling the plug before the end of the 3 years?

Don’t get me wrong.. I can’t stand him. But have we even the funds to get through the season? What about travel in Asia?

He made a commitment and that generally involves knowing and weighing up the risks. I’m not buying at all this is all on the back of APL funding cuts. Thats a cop out.

Do the sponsors and fans get to pull out of their financial commitment too?
I'm not buying it either

Corsair

If you haven't got the money you haven't got the money. The $7 million of their inheritance comment pissed me off but I don't begrudge him bailing after 2 million is cut from funding if we don't have paperwork in place to prevent him.

I knew the APL would f**k us and put Bling back on top one way or another, can't have the Mariners winning 3 in a row.

FFC Mariner

If you haven't got the money you haven't got the money. The $7 million of their inheritance comment pissed me off but I don't begrudge him bailing after 2 million is cut from funding if we don't have paperwork in place to prevent him.

I knew the APL would f**k us and put Bling back on top one way or another, can't have the Mariners winning 3 in a row.
Why do we just assume "he" decided to pull the pin?

Meerkat

Oh come off it. I don’t think the APL slashing funding was to kick the Mariners back to the curb and I disagree it gives Rich a free pass to jump ship of his commitment.

Do you know what.. maybe if he hadn’t also kicked out of the ship every person who kept it afloat before he filled it with rocks and sunk it.

Corsair

Oh come off it. I don’t think the APL slashing funding was to kick the Mariners back to the curb and I disagree it gives Rich a free pass to jump ship of his commitment.

Do you know what.. maybe if he hadn’t also kicked out of the ship every person who kept it afloat before he filled it with rocks and sunk it.
I do understand your point of view. Monty raises a golden generation, Rich rolls in at the right time, enjoys the glory and sells everyone to limit his losses, guts the back office then f**ks off. This season will really show what Jacko is made of. It's his squad, albeit on a shoestring.

I think this has been on the cards for months. Probably from just before Andy Bernal left.

Bringing in all your own contacts and then f**king off is not a good look, I agree. Especially when ur new strength and conditioning team proceed to oversee the injury of our new talisman player.

Corsair

Nothing at all except my experience of high level corporate sackings/resignations is that the person who puts their story out1st is usually full of shit.
The response from Mike will set the tone for the season ahead, so important it gets dealt with quickly and with a clear message, whatever that may be.

The fact this has come out after memberships have been sold tends to leave a bad taste too. I understand you want to exploit last season's success but you can't help feeling a bit dirty and used. 'Ride the wave', i've disliked that from the moment it was announced. More like 'bleed the patrons after a good season'. All that cheap shit black and white merch didn’t help as well.

We've heard nothing from the new CEO, been completely invisible to the fans since joining the club...maybe get her on the pod @priorpeter we know very little about her work efforts to improve the club or her passion for the Mariners...in case you forgot her name 'Alyssar Narey'.

Anyway on the bright side of things, normal service resumed, self flagellation and suffering ahead and we can all have a bloody good whinge!!

VonBowellski

Well f**k.... that is all.

His math never added up in all of hia emails but at the end of the day, sinking 7 million of your own money in and the club is still losing money with record sponsorship and membership this year means there is something more going on. whether that is at club, state, grassroots, APL, or FA level we will never know. I feel we will be the first to topple in a line of clubs unless we get snapped up by a multi club organisation like CFG.

pjennings

Well f**k.... that is all.

His math never added up in all of hia emails but at the end of the day, sinking 7 million of your own money in and the club is still losing money with record sponsorship and membership this year means there is something more going on. whether that is at club, state, grassroots, APL, or FA level we will never know. I feel we will be the first to topple in a line of clubs unless we get snapped up by a multi club organisation like CFG.
7 million in 30 months or 2.8 million a year. This year it would be around 4.8 million - a big jump.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeikeDeBoo