• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

His problem is we are shit.
Once we win a few he will shut his mouth.
Not just Ned....all of Fox treat us like the retarded cousin.
Once Mike takes the handcuffs off we will treated with respect again.
Until then go onto his Twitter account and bollock him.

Big Al

Just reading yesterday's daily telegraph and in A League Confidential they have a heading not a happy storie

Saying the split wasn't as loving as the press release and that we were 7th when he took over and have gone through 3 coaches, 2 CEO's and a lot of money.

Storie said 18 months ago the club would break even by now, but they understand a substantial six figure loss is projected.
How big was subject of some debate within the club two weeks ago, just before Stories exit was finalised.

This after reports showing we didn't break even as suggested last year.

Maybe finances aren't as good as we are being told.

But can't be to bad if we want to buy a stadium.

Posted here and not in Storie thread as the financial results are what I'm pointing out

dibo

But Walmley said:
"While we attempted what proved to be a bridge too far on the pitch in year one, we broke even, we gave youth a chance in a huge way and we tried to entertain.”

Could it be that the football club broke even but that the combination of entities did not? Walmsley's job was not to look after everything, only the football club. Maybe the area he was looking after was fine. But Storrie's job was to look after the lot.

pjennings

Smithies in the Telegraph talks about this happening about 2 weeks ago. That would be right around the time Charlesworth sent Storrie here to put the offer to the Council over the stadium. The quote about 3 coaches, 2 CEO's and is just an easy shot. Does anyone regret that Moss or TW have gone from the managers job or Bruce from the CEO role.

Given the tone of the news out of the club 2 weeks ago the story does just not ring true. As Dibo said the related entities may have made a loss, but is that a surprise giving the expenses incurred in the development of the COE.

Forum Phoenix

Shaun is it just paranoia, or are we on a few peoples hit lists? Seems like we're a soft target that people like to go after?

Luca Brasi

Just read this about the Western Bulldogs AFL club, great initiative.
Whether or not the Western Bulldogs were to raise the premiership cup at the MCG, the story of how the club faced extinction, survived and thrived by supporting all elements of the community facing multiple challenges. At a time of widespread institutional weakness the club was a model on how to win a social licence, said Labor MP Tim Watts. Back in June the club celebrated World Refugee Day by having its 11th annual citizenship ceremony at the Whitten Oval, when 45 migrants and refugees from 21 countries sang the national anthem and then the Bulldogs club song. Along with their citizenship, they received Bulldogs membership packs.

Atomic

Hi Shaun,

Are there any plans in pace to provide extra security for Mariners fans leaving the Stadium after the F3 Derby?

FFC Mariner

Hi Shaun,

Are there any plans in pace to provide extra security for Mariners fans leaving the Stadium after the F3 Derby?

Edit: Some security would be a start

However I believe bucket hat boy has been banned by the FFA so it might deter their organised firm.

Atomic

If there are plans in place, make it known. I know a few people who have vowed never to return because of those Newcastle c**ts

nebakke

If there are plans in place, make it known. I know a few people who have vowed never to return because of those Newcastle c**ts

In figuring there should be a lot more of us this time so maybe a bit if safety in numbers too :) especially if we win this weekend.... Could potentially push the winning team into the top 6 too :)

Forum Phoenix

Get Ned Zelic off CCM games immediately.

His comments about us are so ridiculously bias. I don't know what his problem is but I want to jump through the tv and throttle him.

Merely off CCM games and continue to inflict him on the others? Needs to go. Worst commentator in HAL history. And that's some stiff opposition right there.

Forum Phoenix

Hi Shaun,

Like others I'm sure on here, have had to play at security after games for these dickheads harassing people - and a few bling shockers for that matter. But funnily enough no issues with WSW fans... Though I'd be surprised if others hadn't. But security seems beefed up for those.

Agree with Atomic. Family club. NCJ ultra wannabes should be kept under constant watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred