• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozhammer

Is it at all possible for one of the more well known guys on here to organise a meeting in the off-season with the owners, to stress the complaints from the fans and perhaps to put a little perspective into things, because something has to give.

If the owners see first hand how difficult it has been for the supporters group across the past 5 years, maybe, just maybe, we might see some change

I fear another season of underinvestment may lead us to an inevitable death.

Edit - what Capn said.
The Official Supporters Club has been attempting to arrange a meeting with Mike Charlesworth for the best part of 18 months, in order to communicate that exact point amongst others but he is more difficult to pin down than Will O’ the Wisp.

This makes it difficult to feel like any of our opinions are valued, despite others on here suggesting that Mike will respond to direct contact.

jacobsfl

The Official Supporters Club has been attempting to arrange a meeting with Mike Charlesworth for the best part of 18 months, in order to communicate that exact point amongst others but he is more difficult to pin down than Will O’ the Wisp.

This makes it difficult to feel like any of our opinions are valued, despite others on here suggesting that Mike will respond to direct contact.
That just about sums it up then.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well, this also tells us the club has stopped caring about the fans:

Put this to the ramble boys last poddy for Anton. Anton basically fobbed it, saying the club had more important issues. Seems the club can only juggle 1 ball at a time.
forgot about that....yeah, no. The club does not have more important issues than the fans. What an appalling response from one of our 'leaders'.

I already made my thoughts clear on what an appalling interview he provided, but this club needs and deserves much better leadership than this.

And yeah - as you said, the idea that the club can only do one thing at once is just laughable. Especially when we don't seem to be doing that one thing well anyway.

Ancient Mariner

Is it at all possible for one of the more well known guys on here to organise a meeting in the off-season with the owners, to stress the complaints from the fans and perhaps to put a little perspective into things, because something has to give.

If the owners see first hand how difficult it has been for the supporters group across the past 5 years, maybe, just maybe, we might see some change

I fear another season of underinvestment may lead us to an inevitable death.

Edit - what Capn said.

There was meeting held before the season started, open to all, with Shaun, Anton and Staj. They were available for questions, all stayed after the meeting for informal discussions on the floor. It was interesting was reasonably well attended and allowed many of us to meet many who have just been names on the forum. It was well publicised and I hope and expect there will be another next year.

Tevor

I was reading today the article about the iHAL and quotes from Scudamore (think that is his name) who is advising the owners. He pretty much told the owners marquee players are not the answer as everyone thought Man U would be nothing when Beckham left. He said fans make clubs not marquee players and the league/experience needs to be better for the fans. wonder if MC bypassed that bit about how important fans are. Fans stay with clubs and players move on so why wouldn’t you look after fans foremost. Interesting to see if the owners take any notice or they persist with extra visa players and maybe a small short term sugar hit. We should know in the off season when they plan to make their changes to better the league. Will be interesting times indeed. Then we can see MC’s next excuse for not investing however he will probably stick with the stadium rights as it has next to no chance in my opinion. I really do wonder why he owns a football club.

pjennings

How do you make direct contact?

pjennings

There was meeting held before the season started, open to all, with Shaun, Anton and Staj. They were available for questions, all stayed after the meeting for informal discussions on the floor. It was interesting was reasonably well attended and allowed many of us to meet many who have just been names on the forum. It was well publicised and I hope and expect there will be another next year.

To be fair - I understand the frustration - because at that same meeting Anton said he wanted to hold a number during the season. Still waiting.

NoDiggity

Personally I think talking to MC, Anton or even Shaun will do no good. We’ve had fan forums & from what we’ve heard they read the forums & listen to the pod- they know how the fans feel & have no intention of investing any more money into the club, meaning things won’t change.
Our contact should be directed at Greg O’Rourke, who said during the week that the teams lower on the table will be worked with to become more competitive. The fan base need to show him what MC has done to this club through emails, phone calls etc. The only way MC will budge is from pressure from the current HAL governing body.

NoDiggity

There is Nothing we can say they don’t already know.
On the same token there’s nothing we can say to Charlesworth that he doesn’t already know. At least putting some pressure on the new governing body to do something might prompt some action

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Personally I think talking to MC, Anton or even Shaun will do no good. We’ve had fan forums & from what we’ve heard they read the forums & listen to the pod- they know how the fans feel & have no intention of investing any more money into the club, meaning things won’t change.
Our contact should be directed at Greg O’Rourke, who said during the week that the teams lower on the table will be worked with to become more competitive. The fan base need to show him what MC has done to this club through emails, phone calls etc. The only way MC will budge is from pressure from the current HAL governing body.
that's actually a really good idea. That's surely a sign of how desperate we are if he starts receiving requests from the fans

Ancient Mariner

Maybe they are going to be funded by a certain cryptocurrency entity the missed out with Glory.
To be fair - I understand the frustration - because at that same meeting Anton said he wanted to hold a number during the season. Still waiting.
As I understood at the time I thought it was going to be similar meetings in different areas of the Central Coast before the season started just spreading the same news. I just guessed, at the time, either things became too hectic or someone realised there was not much point.

About getting a message across save your energy. Being realistic the Club obviously would know how the fans feel. Equally obviously so would Charlesworth.

I cannot believe that there really is not some long term plan not being revealed. It makes absolutely no sense to pour more money into a Club and run it into the ground. It is just not logical. All that has been given away is that all will be fine when the A-League becomes truly independent. Charlesworth has also been clear in his desire for unregulated salary spend in the future. This does not make sense for a small club with limited backing. there must be a reason. These are the only true clues given as to what his plans are.

I may appear to be optimistic but I am truly intrigued as to what the answer is, and am only hopeful that the eventual outcome, when finally realised is a positive one for the Club, fans and the Coast.

It may all end in tears, however I intend to stick around for the ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member