• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

sydmariner

. probably for the same reason i hadn't heard of Michel Georges Jean Ghislain Preud’Homme until uXs drew him to my attention

. although some could argue the merits of you referring to him (schwarzer) as a dried up shrivelled fruit
I had before uxs said it

eenfish

. interestingly i recall schwarzer being quite critical of kalac in the lead up to 2006 for his willingness to sit on the bench for a big club rather than play regularly. he was right too ... kalac was ordinary when hiddink played him

Yeah but it ended up paying off for Spider, he did end up winning a Champions League trophy albeit from the bench. Plus I'd give my right arm to say I got to play a full 90 minutes at the San Siro.

eenfish

Kewell has had zero game time over the past year. Why would anyone consider him for the 'roos.

Also, GREAT GREAT GREAT news that Oli has finally got his recognition. Absolutely stoked on that. Glad Duke didn't call up so we will have him week 1, but bummed that he misses out on some more game time in Europe.

Big Al

Ollie just made the Aussie squad for Canada/France - See Road to Brazil thread

Matt Ryan back up to Mitch Langerack how is No. 1 while Swartzer has a rest to have a look at the other boys

localpom

....are you f**king high??

I'm thinking (hoping) Sydmariner is having a laugh. While i would have been happy for Dukey and Trent to be there am glad they will be with us for the WSW game. :) Nice to see so many ex Mariners in the squad...at this rate we will have half the Socceroos side by the time the WC starts. Matty should get a start and has an opportunity to make a real claim. Jedi should be a shoe in, Tommy R should play, and hopefully Olly will get a few minutes.

eenfish

From the other thread...
Ollie picked
Matt Ryan backup to Langerack - Swatzer left at home to have a look at Mitch

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8728270

The article says:
Langerak has been on Osieck's radar since first being called into Australia's squad in March 2011, and looms large as Schwarzer's most likely replacement should there be a change between the posts for the 2014 World Cup.

Oseick makes it clear that Mitch is going to be starting in at least one of the matches, which is poor form considering Mat Ryan is the only starting goalkeeper at a top division league in Europe and Mitch would have gotten zero game time in the Champions League if it wasn't for the red card. But hey, whatever, I'm not bitter.

Roy Law

Brilliant for Ollie; I expect him to get the LB spot over Davidson because Davidson is a LB and Holger doesn't like them...
I would love to see a holding midfield of Jedi and Ollie! Hopefully Ollie has taken note of Duke's approach to his opportunity and gives it everything during the training sessions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred