• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

eenfish

Mark Schwarzer, Mitchell Langerak.

I think Adam Federici and Brad Jones have missed the boat.

Jones ship sailed when Liverpool brought in a new keeper. Federici is good but not top quality like the other blokes.

I'd still like to see Mitch get full time starting honours before I put him over Matty, but thats just my opinion.

Roy Law

I wonder if Holger sat down with Ryan one-on-one and explained to him what he expects from him during WC year in order for Ryan to be on the boat for Brazil?
Probably not, probably left it to Vidmar...

bikinigirl

I wonder if Holger sat down with Ryan one-on-one and explained to him what he expects from him during WC year in order for Ryan to be on the boat for Brazil?
Probably not, probably left it to Vidmar...

. maybe he sat down with schwarzer ... and explained that he needs to be playing as much as possible leading into the world cup

. his best chance is to play every minute for the national team

eenfish

. maybe he sat down with schwarzer ... and explained that he needs to be playing as much as possible leading into the world cup

. his best chance is to play every minute for the national team

That sounds more likely. Schwarzer probably got a deal of some sorts. He will probably be our best chance come Brazil time, but I do hope he gets at least some game time...

dibo

Keeping a clean sheet as you wallop Anderlecht is always a good look. Staying #1 for the new manager even better. Happy days for Mat I reckon!

eenfish

Mat Ryan doing real well in a World Cup year. I like it. Gonna be hard for someone to justify picking a benchwarming Schwarzer over Ryan in my opinion...

eenfish

Just watch them do it :)

Watch them try to justify the selection of Schwarzer over Ryan? Probably not, they'll just ignore it and say some mumbo jumbo about leadership and everyone will be too sentimental to acknowledge the problem. But hey, at least Ryan will be in keen form to by between the sticks for the Asian Cup in Australia come 2015.

sydmariner

Mat Ryan doing real well in a World Cup year. I like it. Gonna be hard for someone to justify picking a benchwarming Schwarzer over Ryan in my opinion...
Many have tried i.e. bozza, kalak,jones, Oscar the grouch (covic) federici but all have failed Ryan is no different but then also after the WC he's retiring so this is like a fairwell 4 schwartzie:headbounce:

uXs

Watch them try to justify the selection of Schwarzer over Ryan? Probably not, they'll just ignore it and say some mumbo jumbo about leadership and everyone will be too sentimental to acknowledge the problem. But hey, at least Ryan will be in keen form to by between the sticks for the Asian Cup in Australia come 2015.

Don't know how good Schwarzer is (or even who he is), but Ryan is amazing. We can already say that he's the best keeper we've had in years.

Roy Law

Schwarzer remains clearly No.1 - he was brilliant in the last qualifiers for the WC, but Ryan is doing nothing wrong by holding down the No 1 spot at a good team in a well established European league. He can't do any more - no goalkeeper, including Schwarzer, is regularly playing at a higher level. What is missing in the equation is Holger playing him, and Langerak, in pre-World Cup friendlies. We know all about Schwarzer, we need to know about the two young guns.

eenfish

Schwarzer remains clearly No.1 - he was brilliant in the last qualifiers for the WC, but Ryan is doing nothing wrong by holding down the No 1 spot at a good team in a well established European league. He can't do any more - no goalkeeper, including Schwarzer, is regularly playing at a higher level. What is missing in the equation is Holger playing him, and Langerak, in pre-World Cup friendlies. We know all about Schwarzer, we need to know about the two young guns.

Agreed. Give Schwarzer the starting gig come Brazil, but c'mon, you gotta give Ryan a crack against France or Canada.

Don't know how good Schwarzer is (or even who he is), but Ryan is amazing. We can already say that he's the best keeper we've had in years.

Legend for Australia. Saved a shot when Australia beat Uruguay on penalties to get into the 2006 World Cup, probably the best or second best (after Bosnich, depending on who you ask) keeper Australia has ever produced.

uXs

Oh, backup keeper for Chelsea? Hmm, that seems a pretty dead-end job, with Cech undisputed #1 and the extremely high chance that Courtois will take over when Cech is done. (Unless Chelsea sells Courtois, which would be an amazingly stupid move.)

Roy Law

Oh, backup keeper for Chelsea? Hmm, that seems a pretty dead-end job, with Cech undisputed #1 and the extremely high chance that Courtois will take over when Cech is done. (Unless Chelsea sells Courtois, which would be an amazingly stupid move.)

Schwarzer (40 yrs old) has played more than 500 games in the EPL and 108 games for Australia; this season is the first time in many years (since late 1990s ?) he has not been the No.1. for an EPL team. No Australia fan would doubt he is first choice for the national team; he is still waiting for an effective rival to challenge him. We Mariners fans are hoping Ryan is the man to do it.
And love the comments that he is doing so well :overheadl:

bikinigirl

. it is hard to argue against schwarzer's record and standing in the game and he may be deserving of a swansong ... but we also need to be realistic/practical/far-sighted

. age is one consideration, but not playing regularly (particularly at his age?) is a bigger consideration. i don't believe langerak is seeing too much time either. if the only game time they are seeing is NT friendlies then i would be concerned about their form in 9 months time

. interestingly i recall schwarzer being quite critical of kalac in the lead up to 2006 for his willingness to sit on the bench for a big club rather than play regularly. he was right too ... kalac was ordinary when hiddink played him

sydmariner

How can u not've heard've mark schwarzer he's the currant no 2 @ Chelsea @ he Australia's most capped player (108 caps) (the only player with more than 100 caps for us) & he was recently voted Australia's greatest ever keeper @ he's also played more EPL games than any other foreign player he"l also be the oldest keeper (42) 2 ever play @ a World Cup next year:D

Big Al

How can u not've heard've mark schwarzer he's the currant no 2 @ Chelsea @ he Australia's most capped player (108 caps) (the only player with more than 100 caps for us) & he was recently voted Australia's greatest ever keeper @ he's also played more EPL games than any other foreign player he"l also be the oldest keeper (42) 2 ever play @ a World Cup next year:D

uXs is from Belgium he is a fan of Matt Ryan's new team. That's how

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred