• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bali United @ Home

Corsair

I was one of 1800 at the game tonight.

Thoughts...

- every keeper gets one of those eventually. He's not our first choice keeper and very young, no concerns with that mistake. The other 2 goals weren't his fault.

- Faz played out of his skin, MoM for me

- The ref was honking

- Extremely impressed with the composure shown by Balard. He got played through from behind by that little shit no. 10 and niggled all night, soaked it up and bossed.

- unquestionable commitment and maximum effort and desire from Hall. Some moments where the quality was lacking but he really wants it and that counts for a lot.

- shipping 3 goals from a horse shit team like that is a problem. An A-League team would have flogged us tonight. Playing these shite Asian teams is not good prep.

- Banging 6 in is still great fun.

- stoked to see Theo get his first goal, hope that opens the flood gates.

- Big fan of Torres but gee he's starting to look like a one trick pony. Jacko has identified this, mentioned it in a presser and said they're coaching him on it. Great to hear.

- Lot of youth in that team. If we lose only a couple of senior players it could be a very long season.

- Top of our AFC table..COYY!

shipwreck

MacArthur got done 3-0 away, hopefully that plays into our favour for Sunday.

It's a strange feeling, winning but thinking your team played bad. Last year under Monty we would be saying "Good teams win when they play bad" but this year it just doesn't feel like that ?

Being really harsh and we have to remember that Jacko is playing the recruits Monty picked....

pjennings

It's a strange feeling, winning but thinking your team played bad. Last year under Monty we would be saying "Good teams win when they play bad" but this year it just doesn't feel like that ?

Being really harsh and we have to remember that Jacko is playing the recruits Monty picked....
Yep - hit them while they are down. I believe they don't get back until Saturday. We then travel to Perth for 4th and Bali for 8th. Surely we travel direct from Perth.

Michael

Yeah no you’re right, on this occasion though it’s the way the 3 goals were conceded that has most of us up in arms. They weren’t tactic mistakes that caused the goals. It was individual player mistakes. I’m happy to let the OG slide abit, Warshawsky will learn. Fazz was bad for the 2nd and the 3rd was a dog shit touch from Wilson and hally and Paull could’ve done so much better to stop that counter.

The big worry is that if/when those things happen in the league it will 100% be so much worse. Especially if Brian is out for awhile.

Ancient Mariner

Good to see Dan Hall getting back to form. His pace at the back was needed.
DWH will be ok IF he can adapt to our style of play.
Torres has some great skills and will develop.
Storm looked a year older when he came on. Hopefully just a few cobwebs to run out.
I was not too upset with playing Nizz high up the park, but it did remove a lot of the defensive screening he does in front of our backs. It showed.
Early days but I suspect this is starting to look like it is going to be a year of development, with results to show in the following season.
I suspect however, that we will lose more players in January and at the end of the year and get caught in a "Ground Hog Day" loop.

Allreet?

Was good to see Di Pizio play. In the few small things he did he looked 50x better than Wilson. I’m sure I’m not the only one who saw that.
He has to be ahead of that numpty in the pecking order now.
He was right below where we were sitting so we got a good look at Di Pizio. Looked like he was carefully playing within himself but there was one glorious little bit of skill where he turned very elegantly with about five superfast touches to keep the ball away from two tacklers. Pure class, and I turned to my mate and said: "We won't be keeping him long."

Huddo

I'm back on the Dan Hall Fan Club. I'd give home a run vs the Bulls.

Paull needs to be more commited in defence, too much pussy-footing.

Farrell MotM

Torres and Doka looked good in their pairing, as per usual.

Nizzy did his thing again, I honestly think if/when Nizzy goes we'll be in serious trouble. Ballard and steel look good, just not at the same level.

The first goal caused a massive drop in Warshawsky confidence.

For as much as I love seeing our forwards push forward, we never seem to have the trailing runner for the cut back.

Big Al

I missed first 25mins but what i saw

Defensive mistakes were horrendous but were the 2nd and 3rd lack of effort because we were in front. Hope not.

Hall was strong and played well. Great shout from the pos that change in coaching could be the reset he needs. BUT he got it horribly wrong on that 3rd goal. I know it’s wet but he got turned so bad. Paull should of killed it at half way but still bad positioning.

Paull 3rd goal what are you doing son. Commit and take the yellow or slide tackle the ball. That was piss weak and lucky Hall covered him. Might still be scared to get in to a physical battle against men but he shouldn’t he is bigger. Needs a bit of nastiness. Was out of position on the 2nd as well leaving that big hole that Faz defended the corner post.

Faz man stop sliding in the attacking half. It’s compulsive for him. Late in the game and he is sliding near the 6yr box on our attacking side. Needs a punishment for every time he slides from anywhere near halfway forward. Not sure what he was doing on the 2nd goal. He was definitely not getting beat around the right haha. But he was hung out to dry by the Paull but still your there and it’s very un Faz not to close the defender but that was horrible.

attack is still very out of sync but the holes we have seen in the defence the last week are very worrying plus the SFC cup plus all the 4 goals we conceded in preseason (apparently). We officially have a problem

Michael

He was right below where we were sitting so we got a good look at Di Pizio. Looked like he was carefully playing within himself but there was one glorious little bit of skill where he turned very elegantly with about five superfast touches to keep the ball away from two tacklers. Pure class, and I turned to my mate and said: "We won't be keeping him long."
Yep he’s REALLY good on the ball
Wasn’t the rumour he was off in January but not anymore?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred