• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions league Elite Group

pjennings

We won the grand final against Melbourne city comfortably because of Danny's killer instinct coming for the ball.

Completely legally and fairly absolutely owned the city striker who then had to be subbed off.

f**k around and find out.
Danny also made a number of reflex saves during the season when he didn't come out. If you come out you have to get it. I think the young guy was in 2 minds. I'm sure it will be 'a teaching moment'.

When the Kaltak/Sainsbury combo is working and Pavlesic has learnt from a few 'teaching moments' I think we will be fairly solid at the back during the ALM.

The concern is how do we score enough while conceding more than we did last year. Apart from MAC (GD -3) each of the top 6 last season had a goal difference of 10 or more. Each of the teams that missed out had a negative GD. Ours was +22.

We can probably afford to concede a few more than last season, but not too many if we are not scoring as freely. Our big thing last season was scoring late, we wilted last night but that is understandable given the lack of fitness and game time together.

I'm still happier with where we are at this stage of the season compared to last. That worked out well across the board. Whether we can compete in the ACLE though is still up in the air - but I'm reasonably confident of a good season in the ALM.

Wombat

How is one of the top 3 best young goalkeepers in Australia in Germany? Can’t be in two places at once
Aint none on the Coast. Having said that Gauci was pretty average for us and came good. We had a very poor keeper coach then and now we have Vuka so hopefully he can make a silk purse out of whats looks like a sow's ear.

Big Al

Highlights

The 🇧🇷 striker scored the 2nd most goals in the tournament last year. Can see why and not sure why they only played him for 45mins.

On the first goal the ball is whipping and is perfectly placed between Sainsbury who sort of has his back turned and Kaltak. While Pav does get caught with a slight hesitation on his back foot I think the striker dives in front of him on the angle any way and if he comes for the ball I think he gets beaten anyway and takes out the striker without getting ball.

As I mentioned before it’s all about the time and space given to the ball player.

The Sainsbury header, still can’t believe it didn’t go in and again Brian is unmarked behind him but probably a bad angle if Sainsbury wasn’t there.

I think the Chinese put their foot down in the second half knowing we would tire and we made a few sloppy mistakes and they pounced on it.

Last edited:

Big Al

Being a Man U supporter, I half hope he does come good.
The other half says "NO"....nothing for the wanderers.
It would be good for the league id both Mata and Costa are good but just not against us but both have some concerning history. Especially with our harder pitches.

It would be great as well to see the two teams burn cash on these two

Coastalraider

It is a bit concerning for the league that in a year with the lowest revenue share in recent history we also have teams signing up gazzilion dollar marques like never before. Somewhat concerned about the hole being dug.

FFC Mariner

It is a bit concerning for the league that in a year with the lowest revenue share in recent history we also have teams signing up gazzilion dollar marques like never before. Somewhat concerned about the hole being dug.
They have rich owners. Reports of AL's death tend to be exaggerated.
Some clubs view the revenue split as a contribution. We don't
Some teams attract and keep big paying sponsors.
We dont

turbo

It's not the little guys over extending though. Sydney made good money on transfers in recent years and WSW have coin. I heard Mata was on 350k which isnt that much. If anything you could argue the continued spending actually reflects well on the health of the league.

booney

If Sain's header had gone in would have been 2 all and we might have got a point or even sneaked a late goal.Not too unhappy with the overall team performance-second competitive game of the season and we all knew this was going to be a tough comp.

As others have said let's not crucify Pavlesic-big game for a young keeper and gives Danny time to work with him.I think Mauragis is a good acquisition and while he lacks the toughness of Faz looks quite settled.Likewis Ngor looks promising -he had a very good first half particularly.Still early to see how Feijao fits in but he hopefully will follow the Tulio,Doka and Torres trajectory and show his worth after the settling in period.

I sense MCcalmont will also help our midfield when he gets used to his teammates.Kaltak did look rusty and he certainly was at fault for the second goal but he will improve.It was great to see Sains back in CCM colours-he still has that coolness about him.Doka is a real shit stirrer and really was able to wind up the Shandong boys.Tapp had some loose passes early but looked strong on the ball and he could have a real breakout season.

Kuol put in a workmanlike shift but is not at the level that he was was in in initial season.Edmondson also was trying to work between the lines and made himself available but we need him in last season's GF form to spearhead the line.Looking forward to di Pizio being available.

Big Al

I thought Macalmont dropped to deep alot. Almost with the backs. To similar to Tapp maybe. Both Niz and Balard could move forward or back but both Tapp and Macalmont seem to want to be deeper and too similar.

He still gives me Bozanic vibes with the run around and touch it to the CBs with no real point. Was expecting a bit more from him the other night and i want to see him having shots from the top of the box as looks from there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred