• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

VonBowellski

It might be just me, but showing up to the ACL elite with a badge showing off that you won the AFC Cup is kind of tacky.

Like being promoted to the EPL and having a badge that says "Championship Winners"

Again that's just me, I'm immensely proud but I wouldn't have done it.
I tend to agree, I would have like to seen a star with a small AFC Cup next to it, or even a small version of the trophy above the badge.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I've never particularly liked the plain design with band across it, though at least last years had some nice detailing on the primary colour. Looks like they just went to plain this time

Given "ride the wave" is the slogan, surprised the wave detail is only on the white strip. It would really have elevated the other ones.

It's a yawn from me. They're just dead boring, though at least the trim is kind of okay. But a step backwards imo

Last edited:

VonBowellski

Given MV have Langerak coming into the squad at the end of the year, do we keep an eye on Duncan and see how he goes for the next few months and then make a play for him if he has been playing well?

Ironbark

It's worked for us in the past with Mat Ryan. They've accepted some mistakes from a young keeper and are are trying to buffer it with experience in front of them. The Sains/Kaltak combo in front will be next level when they get into rhythm.

My bigger concern right now is a striker. We have guys that ostensibly should be able to produce, but never really hit the straps and aren't showing signs they will yet. Hopefully with the remainder of preseason to go they get there, or else we'll need to recruit and rely on goals from the midfield

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

While I agree that a striker is a concern, it looks like our plan is to have a few guys capable of scoring some goals rather than a point man.

However, hard to win a league without a key striker. And a key player doesn't just score goals- their presence changes how the defence responds, freeing up the others. Though distributed goalscoring capacity has certainly worked well for us in the past.

If ngol, kuol and doka come good we can score goals.

But unless our defence and goalkeeping is sorted, we'll need 3 or 4 goals a game to win, nor 1 or 2.

And that many goals will be an issue.

I think our goalscoring will come. They're still playing like they don't know each other. How many passes in the box went straight to our opponents? Our players don't know where their team-mate will be yet, but I think that will come.

It's still preseason for us.

We took a month into the season to get good last time.

I'm certainly not anticipating a threepeat but I still see top 6.

Though nobody expected last season, so who knows?

We have things of concern but we also have positive signs. Though the players we have lost are irreplaceable. Nizzy is sorely missed.

Corsair

Last season we had Torres who scored 15 goals.

The season before we had Dingo who scored 22(?)

Not sure where those goals are going to come from.

Alou has the potential, he's our 8th highest goal scorer of all time.

Big Al

Last season we had Torres who scored 15 goals.

The season before we had Dingo who scored 22(?)

Not sure where those goals are going to come from.

Alou has the potential, he's our 8th highest goal scorer of all time.
Fajario as soon as he hits his 6month in the country 😂

It’s the service that worries me. We have to replace Niz who was assist leader

pjennings

I think our goalscoring will come. They're still playing like they don't know each other. How many passes in the box went straight to our opponents? Our players don't know where their team-mate will be yet, but I think that will come.

I thought this with Ngor especially. Last season Theo or Di Pizio would recieve the ball on the left with their back to the sideline. This allowed them to either continue down the line or cut back in. Ngor got a number of passes like this that I thought were good passes (and would have been for Theo or Di Pizio. However, Ngor was expecting the ball in front of him and constantly had to double back after running for where he expected it.

turbo

I thought this with Ngor especially.
I want to see the boys get used to his speed. Kuol or Edmo charging up the middle to get a header or first time strike off the kind of cross he showed last night would be something else. Especially for Kuol - its the kind of effort that got him on the map.

marinermick

I remember someone reporting that JohnCrawley said that matt Ryan was the best young keeper he had ever seen and predicted a great future.
I haven't heard any similar statement from anyone about our current crop.

John Crawley said that to me just before the Sydney FC trial at the showground. He said his distribution was unbelievable.

First ten minutes in that game Ryan passed straight to Alex Brosque who slotted the ball home.

Ancient Mariner

John Crawley said that to me just before the Sydney FC trial at the showground. He said his distribution was unbelievable.

First ten minutes in that game Ryan passed straight to Alex Brosque who slotted the ball home.
I remember for the first season he had butter fingers. I would never field him in slips, but he seemed to overcome it by deliberately knocking every ball down and taking it on the bounce.

dlanod

I remember someone reporting that JohnCrawley said that matt Ryan was the best young keeper he had ever seen and predicted a great future.
Our current crop is the best young keeper I have ever seen and I predict a great future.
I haven't heard any similar statement from anyone about our current crop.
Now you have.

(Note: I have absolutely zero form at football talent evaluation.)

Stuartmcateer

And got us knocked out of the world cup with his distribution as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred