• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Any word on after match function?

brett

Alicia said:
When we win the grand final, it would definitely worth the $50 cab ride to Mingara from Gosford.

That's how much I paid for a cab from Mingara to Woodport after the V1 Mariners Medal Dinner.

All these little components are worth it...but it's turning out to be an expensive day!

Return train Gosford to Central: $16 (is that right)
3 beers at the KB and a bit of lunch: $24
Match ticket: $50
One token beer in the ground or a pie: $5
Your part in a bottle of champagne or round of shots in the KB: $5
Dodgy kebab at Central: $7
Alicia's cab to Mingers with a friend (there are better ways surely!): $25
(running total: $132)
Marinators Club membership for the right tickets, CCM membership, strip and banners you made thrown in: $$$
Doing Grand Final Day in style and celebrating with half the Central Coast afterwards? Expensive...but priceless.

serious14

Word on the street is that public transport is included in the ticket price??

P.S.  Where ever this post match ends up being, I hope they have enough booze and are open 24 hours.    :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Rowdy

I really dont think that the Minga's courtesy bus could deal with the volume of people who'll want to get from Tuggerah station to their club for this Post GF Function, ESPECSH IF WE WIN!

Mariners FC/Minga's should look to get at least x2 buses of the school variety. Most definately the one which is completely covered in the club colours & logo, and run them alternately from the station to the club. i.e as one bus is dropping people off at Minga's the other is already at Tuggerah train station picking up the next lot, they pass each other on the way there/back.

I dont think both the Mingara Recreation Club or The Mariners FC could handle the bad publicity if someone was hit by a car trying to walk from the station to get to this function at this time of night and vice versa when the party's over and fans's are left to do the same, walk, to get back to the station for a lack of taxi's.

Jeff (LouMacari)

I think I'll be going to the Leagues Club after match celebrations. That is if it doesn't go extra time & penalties. Both venues close at midnight and after travel time etc it wouldn't be worth it.

Getting to mingers is going to be too difficult and getting home a nightmare. I'll get off the train at Gosford and walk across the road to party on at the leaguesy seeing as they have helped so much throughout the season. I think they will put on something in the Scenic Lounge or similar.

Rowdy

sorry 4 the slip up.

Watching my "Chaser's version" of "The Secret" dvd as we speak for punishment NOW!

"Then.... magically.... the old pedo gives the kid the new bike"  ;)

dru

northernspirit said:
seeing as we're taking over the cove why dont we take over Sydney's post game function venue and take over Star City :D

Yeah that would be great, mainly because I've booked a room there as insurance against the jesters being in the grandfinal.

~Floss~

dru said:
northernspirit said:
seeing as we're taking over the cove why dont we take over Sydney's post game function venue and take over Star City :D

Yeah that would be great, mainly because I've booked a room there as insurance against the jesters being in the grandfinal.

I'd love it to be anywhere in Sydney, due to my travel plans, but I expect the Coast is most likely for many reasons listed above.

Star City would suit me, but they are the "family" club and would probably want to allow U18's.

Wherever it is I will work something out as long as i can get a day or 2 notice.... no f**k it, i'd sort things out somehow.

Deej

The post match function will be at Mingara it has been confirmed..............more details will be released by the club on Monday.

kevrenor

DJ said:
The post match function will be at Mingara it has been confirmed..............more details will be released by the club on Monday.
Someone suggested a Sydney function - and someone else also mentioned to me off list - so:

For those of us who live there, work or study there early morning, or are flying out early - how long does the KB stay open? Anywhere else (not StarCity)?

dibo

kevrenor said:
DJ said:
Someone suggested a Sydney function - and someone else also mentioned to me off list - so:

For those of us who live there, work or study there early morning, or are flying out early - how long does the KB stay open? Anywhere else (not StarCity)?

i didn't go to the coast last time - what with having no work on monday etc. i'm very much considering going up to mingers, though i've really got no idea how i'm going to get there!

Deej

dibo said:
kevrenor said:
DJ said:

i didn't go to the coast last time - what with having no work on monday etc. i'm very much considering going up to mingers, though i've really got no idea how i'm going to get there!

Just wait for the details on Monday Dibo, I'm sure the club have planned something to help people get there

MrCelery

I'm hoping for:

Full time celebrations at the ground
Singing all the way to the KB, another round of celebrations
Singing all the way to Central
Catching a planned Yellow Express train to whatever station is nearest Mingara
Shuttle bus from the station to Mingara - massive celebrations with players/officials, etc. lasting late (hopefully not just for Mingara and Mariners members - Marinators members too)
After that, who knows - a park bench somewhere? Who cares!

Somehow I've got to get back to a train station, but I suspect that might be difficult without forking out megabucks for a cab.

Andy

MrCelery said:
I'm hoping for:

Shuttle bus from the station to Mingara - massive celebrations with players/officials, etc. lasting late (hopefully not just for Mingara and Mariners members - Marinators members too)

Somehow I've got to get back to a train station, but I suspect that might be difficult without forking out megabucks for a cab.

You really are from Newcastle aren't you?  ;)

B

bakery5

I wonder if Paul O'Grady is driving to the post match function :thumbup:

Wheresdadspants?

If anyone lives in sydney like I do and wants to go to the post match you can stay at my dads house if you like. I will be going to the coast after the match no matter what and am gonna crash there. Plenty of room and lots of beer in the fridge.haha. Haven't told him yet but he never has a say in it plus just bought his ticket for him so there won't be any complaints.

dibo

MrCelery said:
I'm hoping for:

tuggerah station's not that far, particularly by cab.

langdonis

so mingara is the plan? they better plan on being open 24 hrs ill give u the tip...is going to be an interesting planes, trains and automobiles trip for the sfs to mingara...

dibo

from the mariners site:

Grand Final Post Match Function - Mingara Recreation Club

The Central Coast Mariners are proud to announce that the official Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final post match function will be held at the Mingara Recreation Club, Tumbi Umbi.

Following the Mariners' second attempt at Hyundai A-League silverware this season at the Sydney Football Stadium on Sunday, 24 February, Mariners Members and supporters are invited to Mingara to celebrate the Central Coast's most successful campaign ever.

The entire Mariners playing squad and coaching staff will be present for this unique event, which the Mariners hope to be staged in the company of the Hyundai A-League Championship trophy.

More details regarding the Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final day and the post match function at Mingara will be released in due course.

The Mariners will conclude their Hyundai A-League 2007/08 campaign at the Sydney Football Stadium on Sunday, 24 February by taking part in the showpiece event of the Australian domestic football calendar the Hyundai A-League Grand Final. Kick off is at 5pm.

Tickets are now on sale to Mariners Members from Ticketek outlets, from the Ticketek website www.ticketek.com.au, or via phone on 132 849.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred