• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Grand Final vs Victory 23/24

Big Al

Well i am going to be that arse. If anyone has a spare code ticket i would love one please 🙏

If not i understand i should have been a member.

But do you want more victory fans. No

Do you want the bloke two rows in front of me last night going go for two like he was at rugby league. No

Do you want a fan who 2/2 in grand finals. Pick me. Wasn’t a coastie on previous grand finals.

Happy to accept generosity and abuse for being desperate.

bikinigirl

If anyone is claiming conspiracy when they could have easily given Sydney a penalty or goal from Kaltaks clearance last night without much controversy they need a reality check.

. fair enough ... but i think they had already stacked the deck appointing Faghani to suit the Sydney ... ahem ... style of play *

* style of play refers to their propensity to 'push the boundaries of fair play' ... most fouls conceded (if they're given in the first place), least number of yellows - a metric they have excelled at for seasons

Tevor

If anyone is claiming conspiracy when they could have easily given Sydney a penalty or goal from Kaltaks clearance last night without much controversy they need a reality check.
Not sure I agree, Fabio was off side as the line showed and he did get in Brian’s way who was very close to clearing the ball anyway. That 1 second interference stopped Brian from successfully clearing the ball. Faghani did everything else for them but he wasn’t going to give an offside ruling like that. That’s where we were lucky. Max’s arm was in a natural position and seen plenty of them not given this season.

Tevor

. fair enough ... but i think they had already stacked the deck appointing Faghani to suit the Sydney ... ahem ... style of play *

* style of play refers to their propensity to 'push the boundaries of fair play' ... most fouls conceded (if they're given in the first place), least number of yellows - a metric they have excelled at for seasons
Fouls conceded 7 to Shitney and 12 to us. Imagine a decent ref pulling up all the blatant pushes in the back. Back to the GF, we won over 2 legs and that’s that.

turbo

Not sure I agree, Fabio was off side as the line showed and he did get in Brian’s way who was very close to clearing the ball anyway. That 1 second interference stopped Brian from successfully clearing the ball. Faghani did everything else for them but he wasn’t going to give an offside ruling like that. That’s where we were lucky. Max’s arm was in a natural position and seen plenty of them not given this season.
Faghani definitely favoured Sydney’s style and at times made some puzzling calls and non calls. I agree with everything you’re saying btw, my suggestion was that if there was an agenda against us either of those, especially the offside would have been an easy way to push it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Fouls conceded 7 to Shitney and 12 to us. Imagine a decent ref pulling up all the blatant pushes in the back. Back to the GF, we won over 2 legs and that’s that.
When you've got players like Faz who are excellent at seeing when the opponent has overcommitted and positions his body in a way that he's going to get fouled, it's hard when you have a ref who just refuses to blow the whistle. I was a bit concerned about how much he might be affected - how many times did he cop a 2-handed push.

But I agree that there was no agenda. I think he definitely had some bias against us at some point, but not intentional agenda. If there was, the Max handball would 100% have been given.

Also, remember at the start of the game when 2 players came together in our box and no call was made? Yeah, if there was an agenda it 100% would have been given.

Sure, you could claim that the agenda didn't involve him but was in appointing him, and that's just speculation, nobody can really say anything convincing for or against that.

But, I think we all know that Faghani is considered one of the top refs (which is ridiculous, of course), so he was always going to be involved in this part of the season.

If he was on the other game, MV would have benefitted from his idiocy (and Elder had a very poor match there as well)

Corsair

. any word on when codes will be available?

. logistic exercise underway to coordinate if we can't just buy our 'usual' seats (I'm hoping they are just sent out at 9am)
We don't get our member allocated seats for the GF. I hope the codes are out well before 9, today would be better.

Any guesses on what ticket prices will be?

ccf

A question regarding tickets. Are kids under 4 free, do you need a ticket for them? Thanks aLl

LFCMariners

Talking to somebody who knows a few things last night, they said the APL are big fans of CCM and what they've been doing in recent times.

If anything, I would think they'd back us to win the treble to they can turn around and point to that success as proof that clubs can have their funding reduced so stop their whingeing.

Or maybe I'm just optimistic?

Tevor

Talking to somebody who knows a few things last night, they said the APL are big fans of CCM and what they've been doing in recent times.

If anything, I would think they'd back us to win the treble to they can turn around and point to that success as proof that clubs can have their funding reduced so stop their whingeing.

Or maybe I'm just optimistic?
It’s a good theory but a poor APL is all the $$$ and a sold out GF at AAMI is twice as good as a sold out Industrie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred