• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

turbo

. not arguing - but curious: why do you think they would play any different? because they Kant?

. they have nothing to lose, so why wouldn't they try the same game plan ... it worked
I expect they will try it again but we'll be sharper at home and be able to better move the ball around and get through them more. If we can do that they wont be able to commit as many forward and we'll see more space.

It's possible a good field helps them but since they're used to the surface they played on last night I think it helps us way more.

Coastalraider

Do we play a full strength side against Adelaide if Wellington lose this weekend against the jets
Subbing in players at the moment with what’s available would be limited to the front line and a centre back, not enough depth or availability to change up the backline or midfield, which are the guys that need the rest. Those we can rotate we have already been rotating - so really it’s a zero sum game.

Archie

They are a much better side than Adelaide...... but if we play Steele at LB they will play Irakunda on that side and we will get done. Either Doka or Storm to LB. When do we get Faz back?

They were fit and physical and had a much tighter passing game than usI reme. We will need Niz back in the midfield to wrest control back from those Kants.

We really missed Papi last night.
I remember the last time we played Adelaide in the 4-0 win the forum was really impressed with Dokas perfomance in keeping Irankunda quiet, as a matter of fact Nestor didn't even have a shot at all that night

turbo

the ref was very casual about said red card tackles
Im pretty happy with the refs. Yeah there could have been some borderline reds and the head slap was super weird and an easy red to give but at the same time they werent sucked in by diving or timewasting and we came out pretty clean. With 5 yellows they'll need to be careful in the 2nd leg otherwise the final should they make it will be a depleted team.

some guy

Im pretty happy with the refs. Yeah there could have been some borderline reds and the head slap was super weird and an easy red to give but at the same time they werent sucked in by diving or timewasting and we came out pretty clean. With 5 yellows they'll need to be careful in the 2nd leg otherwise the final should they make it will be a depleted team.
Think you need 3 yellows to get suspended - and yellows prior to this round don’t carry over (i.e., impossible to miss the final for yellow card accumulation). Go figure.

Rising Sun

How many airport emergencies and flight cancelations will it take to reschedule our Adelaide game?
However many it is, I am hearing we may have reached the number and the game is about to get rearranged.

When do we play it though? If we beat the Kants then I would want to get the middle east asap after the Jets game to maximise acclimatisation, not have a mid week game in Australia.

Play it on the Monday so at least we will be in the middle east by Tuesday night? With the option just to.play the NPL team if the plate is already decided.

turbo

However many it is, I am hearing we may have reached the number and the game is about to get rearranged.

When do we play it though? If we beat the Kants then I would want to get the middle east asap after the Jets game to maximise acclimatisation, not have a mid week game in Australia.

Play it on the Monday so at least we will be in the middle east by Tuesday night? With the option just to.play the NPL team if the plate is already decided.
If Adelaide is mathematically out of finals we could potentially play it say Tuesday 30/4. Gets a lot more complicated if they are in the hunt. Anything but a draw between City and WSW would confirm if that's the case.
That does also create some challenges for awarding the premiers and arguably the integrity of the final round if it comes down to it but if its that or have us play Wed, Mon, Wed, Sat it's probably the lesser of 2 evils..

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred