• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL 09 - the who, the what, the where.

marinermick

dru said:
serious14 said:
Who is doing Korea or Japan??  I must admit I havn't even looked at flights for those games......

Qantas has Sydney to Beijing, Tokyo and Seoul all starting at $1750 return on there route map. depends on actual dates of the games I guess.

you'll get it much cheaper if you have the nerve to hold out till one month before the game

serious14

dru said:
serious14 said:
Who is doing Korea or Japan??  I must admit I havn't even looked at flights for those games......

Qantas has Sydney to Beijing, Tokyo and Seoul all starting at $1750 return on there route map. depends on actual dates of the games I guess.

There's an Air China flight, return to Beijing in March for $975.  F*CK ME, GET IN ON THAT!!!!!

Bear

serious14 said:
Bearinator said:
Anything cheap is good. With work and money, I might not be going away for as long as you guys now.

Can sort out a cheap return flight just to Beijing if you'd like...... you won't get the Bangkok madness, but you save anywhere up to $800, and you still get the game.

Hopefully it wont come to that, but yes it might have to be

dru

marinermick said:
dru said:
serious14 said:

you'll get it much cheaper if you have the nerve to hold out till one month before the game

Yeah but given there is every possibility I will do Sydney - away game - Europe - next away game - Sydney I may not have that luxury.

for those interested Kawasaki frontale is in the greater Tokyo area so will be reasonably easy to get to.

brett said:
Jetstar return to Tokyo for about $1000 with taxes. :)

Your game going deathstar ;)

Although I thought Jetstar only flew to osaka

a.v

J.League Division 1: Sun, 23rd November 2008
Kawasaki Frontale 4 - 0 Gamba Osaka
CHONG 43'
TANIGUCHI 48'
JUNINHO 53'
IGAWA 70'

dru

serious14 said:
dru said:
Although I thought Jetstar only flew to osaka

Nope, doing Tokyo now as well.  Tis how I'm getting to the Roos game in February.....

Well there you go, looking at march you could get return to Tokyo for $750 +taxes.

now here is hoping for match day 1 and 3 away or 3 and 5 away

brett

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_T22zGPrUQY

Not too much of their fans on Youtube with English named vids, if you click through you can see them by their unique light blue colour.

David Votoupal

a.v said:
J.League Division 1: Sun, 23rd November 2008
Kawasaki Frontale 4 - 0 Gamba Osaka
CHONG 43'
TANIGUCHI 48'
JUNINHO 53'
IGAWA 70'

To counter:
- Roma are having a deeply disappointing season in Serie A.
- Roma beat Chelsea.
- Portsmouth are a mid-table Premiership side
- Portsmouth drew with Milan.

etc etc

Gamba finished 8th or so in the J-League and still won the ACL. In the J-League, the way they play football is different to the teams they encounter in Asia and this may explain a few things- that, and the fact the J-League is ridiculously good in terms of depth of teams and talent.

marinermick

wonder how long before we get beseiged by weird arse posts from japanese fans like what happened on the sydney forum

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred