• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL 09 - the who, the what, the where.

serious14

Gav... said:
brett said:
When do we find out the match days?

The only info they gave away was between March and June

Wiki has a schedule of dates, just not who we're playing when.....

*edit*  What Auburn said.

*double edit*  My crew - changed it from Shanghai to Beijing, 'cause Tianjin is far easier to get to from Beijing (half an hour on the bullet train).  Awaiting confirmation of dates and such.  Might go for a more even spread between Beijing and Bangkok as well (5 nights in each or some such), will talk to you all and see what the popular vote is.

Alicia

serious14 said:
Gav... said:
brett said:
When do we find out the match days?

The only info they gave away was between March and June

Wiki has a schedule of dates, just not who we're playing when.....

*edit*  What Auburn said.

*double edit*  My crew - changed it from Shanghai to Beijing, 'cause Tianjin is far easier to get to from Beijing (half an hour on the bullet train).  Awaiting confirmation of dates and such.  Might go for a more even spread between Beijing and Bangkok as well (5 nights in each or some such), will talk to you all and see what the popular vote is.

oh noes... james has a crew

BAD BULLZ

so seriass
serious14 said:
Righto crew who is coming with me - instead of going Sydney, Shanghai, Bangkok, Sydney.... we're now going Sydney - Beijing - Bangkok - Sydney.  Only $100 more (for an extra 1500km each way).

Brett - no idea actually, assuming the AFC site/Wikipedia/WHOEVER, C'MON!!!! will have them up soon.

so seriass how much do i need min-max to do that and how much time away does it involve??????

serious14

For both March and May game dates:

Sydney - Beijing - Bangkok - Sydney...... $1800 with Thai Air.  Pretty sure we can get a group discount as well.  If the Tianjin game is in May, we can even get creative with leaving a day earlier and fiddling around with departure times, save a few hundred here and there.

tianjin_teda1.jpg

tianjin_teda2.jpg

This is Tianjin Teda's stadium - LOVE IT!!!!!

Eggba - 10 nights, around $2750.  $3000 if you _really_ want to live it up.

Gav...

Heres the final draw result

Group A
Al Hilal
Bunyodkor
Al Ahli (UAE)
Saba Battery

Group B
Persepolis (IRN)
Al Shabab (KSA)
Al Gharafa (QAT)
P1

Group C
Al Jazira (UAE)
Esteghlal (IRN)
Al Ittihad (KSA)
Umm Salal (QAT)

Group D
Pakhtakor (UZB)
Al Shabab (UAE)
Sepahan (IRN)
Al Ettifaq (KSA)

Group E
Ulsan Hyundai (KOR)
Newcastle Jets (AUS
Beijing Guoan (CHN
Nagoya Grampus (JPN)

Group F
Gamba Osaka (JPN)
FC Seoul (KOR)
Sriwijaya (IDN)
Shandong Luneng (CHN)

Group G
Shanghai Shenhua (CHN)
P2
Kashima Antlers (JPN)
Suwon Bluewings (KOR)

Group H
Central Coast Mariners (AUS)
Tianjin Teda (CHN)
Kawasaki Frontale (JPN)
Pohang Steelers (KOR)

Gav...

Just talking to Lawrie McKinna on FSN;

He is very happy with the Group we have been drawn with.
He also has said this is a big thing for the Central Coast.
He also laughed at the fact that the Mariners and Jets could play off in the Round of 16

serious14

Can always book a cheap return flight to Bangkok, and then try and find a cheapish return flight to Beijing from there.  Knock a few hundred off all up.

So many possibilities.  Will come up with as many as I can once we know the draw dates, post them here and see what the popular vote is.

Who is doing Korea or Japan??  I must admit I havn't even looked at flights for those games......

cruiser

I'd love to go to China and/or Japan. If I can get some time off I'd seriously consider going to one of these away games and make a holiday of it.

scottmac

Suspended
Gav... said:
He also laughed at the fact that the Mariners and Jets could play off in the Round of 16

If it were to happen would maybe be the biggest club game ever in Aus so far between two aus sides

Alicia

serious14 said:

Serious - how much did you say i'd get for selling a kidney, lung and one of my eggs??

:p

serious14

Alicia said:
Serious - how much did you say i'd get for selling a kidney, lung and one of my eggs??

Going rate for a kidney on Chinese backstreets is a few thou........

WHAT??  I know nothing of these matters - go elsewhere with your susso questions woman.  :p

Bear

serious14 said:
Can always book a cheap return flight to Bangkok, and then try and find a cheapish return flight to Beijing from there.  Knock a few hundred off all up.

So many possibilities.  Will come up with as many as I can once we know the draw dates, post them here and see what the popular vote is.

Who is doing Korea or Japan??  I must admit I havn't even looked at flights for those games......

Anything cheap is good. With work and money, I might not be going away for as long as you guys now.

Alicia

marinermick said:
Alicia said:
serious14 said:

they may go for blonde eggs in china

I was about to say Blonde???  What the??  Then remembered it's my natural colour... clearly :p

serious14

Bearinator said:
Anything cheap is good. With work and money, I might not be going away for as long as you guys now.

Can sort out a cheap return flight just to Beijing if you'd like...... you won't get the Bangkok madness, but you save anywhere up to $800, and you still get the game.

dru

serious14 said:

Qantas has Sydney to Beijing, Tokyo and Seoul all starting at $1750 return on there route map. depends on actual dates of the games I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred