• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A New Marquee

fish

lol was thinking the same thing marc, always goes to shit when trolls come on lol

Maybe we could start putting a dream list with a slight lean on possible reality and get peoples opinions?

for me a marquee should be a striker and hopefully come with a pedigree for scoring within the last decade at least.

fish

After the Aloisi ending, money I mean ,we obviously have a club with the long term future in mind in terms of wasting money so we are possibly looking at someone for around $600-$800k??

Its not that easy when you dont know what players are available worldwide but people of the nature of Kevin Phillips in the Championship?

Im sure there is a web site with off contract players on it we could lok at purely for fantasy means

tyson

haha, speaking of fantasy... we all had Edgar Davids in mind. Turns out he plays for Ajax still.

shipwreck

Robbie Fowler would be awesome, one better than Sydney FC, get the limelight back on the mariners and would honestly rip this league apart...
Definitely worth 1.5 Million a year, there are enough English immigrants on the coast who would get off their asses and come to a mariners game to see him play

tyson

fish said:
and would cost more than Aloi$i lol
yeh, thats what i meant when i said he still plays for ajax...
we were kinda under the assumption that he is semi-retired or something.

robbie fowler. wow. sydney would hate that, wouldn't they...

serious14

tyson said:
coast said:
thomas you ever say surf is better in scumville again and ill kill you, revive you and kill you again. Central coast had 10 breaks in tracks top 100 aussie breaks list, how many did scumville pull?
Reefs like banzai, forries left's, the zone, crackneck, bugs, box, the haven, ghosties, boatramp and beachies such as copa, nth enny, frazer and pelo's. Cenny coast is only 2nd too the gold coast and Margaret river area in my opinion, what have you scummer's got ey?

as someone who used to be heavily into bodyboarding... i can confirm coast's argument.
there is a website... wannasurf i think its called. u can look at pics from every break... you guys can decide for yourselves.

Soldier's Beach on a bad day sh*ts on _anything_ Newcastle has to offer.

End of argument.

pjennings

shipwreck said:
Robbie Fowler would be awesome, one better than Sydney FC, get the limelight back on the mariners and would honestly rip this league apart...
Definitely worth 1.5 Million a year, there are enough English immigrants on the coast who would get off their asses and come to a mariners game to see him play

Just had hip surgery  - let's see that he can at least walk before we get him!

tyson

yeh well he cant start the season...
we need shit crowd attendances, so the media are like 'oh, JA is gone so no one shows'
then along comes Robbie Fowler, media flocks in - 'Central Coast Fairy Tale', crowds go huge and sell outs every week, Robbie buys an entire street in <s>North Gosford</s>Terrigal, including JA's penthouse... and the rest is history.

shipwreck

Anyone else heard anything about this link of Ahmed Elrich coming to the mariners?...
The report from a-league.com.au talking about holding the expansion of the league off til 09/10 concludes by saying he is poised to join us after rejecting Newcastle...

P

Pete

midfielder said:
Bring back Michael Beauchamp IMO best Mariner ever

Well...we do need to find someone to work in the backline replacing Vidmar. As good as Beauchamp is, and a great bloke to boot, I think even he will admit to not being 'marquee' material - personality wise. He's a rather quiet reserved sort of guy. And he wouldn't be known to the general public as one of the Socceroos etc. He'd want to  stay in Nurnberg too I think.

P

Pete

shipwreck said:
Anyone else heard anything about this link of Ahmed Elrich coming to the mariners?...
The report from a-league.com.au talking about holding the expansion of the league off til 09/10 concludes by saying he is poised to join us after rejecting Newcastle...

Who knows...?
When Ahmad was talking of coming back to play in Australia last year, there was also speculation he'd be snapped up then by the Mariners. He has previously played under Lawrie's management at Parramatta, so Lawrie knows what he is capable of etc.

But the word came down that the Mariners weren't too pleased with his lack of pace and fitness.

Lawrie would have had a look at what he has been playing like in season 07/08, and if he sees something he likes, maybe he'll talk to him.

But judging by the fact Phoenix let him go, you'd have to think that unless Ahmad is prepared to take a serious drop in status and salary, he won't come here.

Ahmad also didn't make it back into the Socceroos squad, which was one of his stated motivations for coming back to Australia - so he's lost a lot of credibility to many here now.

georgemladenov

Pete said:
shipwreck said:

Who knows...?
When Ahmad was talking of coming back to play in Australia last year, there was also speculation he'd be snapped up then by the Mariners. He has previously played under Lawrie's management at Parramatta, so Lawrie knows what he is capable of etc.

But the word came down that the Mariners weren't too pleased with his lack of pace and fitness.

Lawrie would have had a look at what he has been playing like in season 07/08, and if he sees something he likes, maybe he'll talk to him.

But judging by the fact Phoenix let him go, you'd have to think that unless Ahmad is prepared to take a serious drop in status and salary, he won't come here.

Ahmad also didn't make it back into the Socceroos squad, which was one of his stated motivations for coming back to Australia - so he's lost a lot of credibility to many here now.

In transfer news, fringe Socceroos winger Ahmad Elrich is poised to join minor premiers Central Coast Mariners after rejecting offers from Newcastle Jets and Adelaide United.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/a-league/aleague-expansion-hits-a-financial-snag/2008/03/06/1204779964630.html

happy

Pete said:
midfielder said:

Well...we do need to find someone to work in the backline replacing Vidmar. As good as Beauchamp is, and a great bloke to boot, I think even he will admit to not being 'marquee' material - personality wise. He's a rather quiet reserved sort of guy. And he wouldn't be known to the general public as one of the Socceroos etc. He'd want to  stay in Nurnberg too I think.

Not so sure about that. There might be the possibility that he leaves after that season although he is contracted til 2009. It all depends in which league we play next season and what players the new trainer (we now have) likes and wants to have. Meggsy wasn't in the squad the last match.
So I see the possibility that he might leave.

brett

happy said:
Pete said:
midfielder said:

Not so sure about that. There might be the possibility that he leaves after that season although he is contracted til 2009. It all depends in which league we play next season and what players the new trainer (we now have) likes and wants to have. Meggsy wasn't in the squad the last match.
So I see the possibility that he might leave.

I think he is good enough to stick it out overseas if he does leave. Would another Bundesliga club be interested do you think?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred