• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2024/2025 Memberships

Wombat

I'd kinda side with the club here. I remember when Shaun decided not to flood the coast with free tickets, so much whining.
CCM is a private company not a community organisation, they have no obligation to do anything other than what suits them. So the scum are giving people more?
That will be because they aren't treble winners who are arguably Australia's best ever football club.
Why would CCM do anything to drive finals ticket sales? Every cent goes to APL
The last sentence is a salient point BUT the club needs to park its arrogance. It is not a good look and the club smells a bit off tbh. We had 4,000 crowds some games last year....remember that when your are revelling in your own self importance (not you Fulham, the club bigwigs).

Also I go to the Gym with my Mrs every week.....and guess what RP its not one of your Gyms....so your marketing strategies need work.

Last edited:

Meerkat

The last sentence is a salient point BUT the club needs to park its arrogance. It is not a good look and the club smells a bit off tbh. We had 4,000 crowds some games last year....remember that when your are revelling in your own self importance (not you Fulham, the club bigwigs).

Also I go to the Gym with my Mrs every week.....and guess what RP its not one of your Gyms....so your marketing strategies need work.
Nailed it Jim.

PS we don’t go to his gym either. I did actually look into it and wasn’t sold.

turbo

I recall you were a very big advocate for the APL. Look what they are doing now, it’s them not the club who is doing their best under very difficult circumstances.
I was all for giving them a go and some benefit of the doubt, unfortunately that's been proven many times over to be a massive mis-judgement. They seem like they're on a better path now but so much damage has been done.

I'd kinda side with the club here. I remember when Shaun decided not to flood the coast with free tickets, so much whining.
CCM is a private company not a community organisation, they have no obligation to do anything other than what suits them. So the scum are giving people more?
I get the stance but still it seems petty towards the group that's already getting very little for their contribution. Dont be surprised if they sell less of them as a result.

Also my comment was just a general observation, I recently had an interaction where they couldn't deliver my mber order so I lost the credit outright and for the postage cost they would only refund by transfer, apply it to a champions shirt, not towards any other champions item. It just felt unnecessarily rigid and unhelpful. Had other issues accessing the mber stuff earlier and it was out of their hands even though its part of a package they sold. Had issues getting my kids memberships added under mine. None of that is going to drive me away from the club but why make it more unpleasant for people to give you money? In tough times you want to nail that side.

turbo

PS we don’t go to his gym either. I did actually look into it and wasn’t sold.
I try to support club sponsors but the product has to be there. Quite happy with my internet so no upside in moving to mate. For gym anytime want to give you the sales pitch to even get the price, can't stand that approach at all so I ended up elsewhere that's quite upfront with their rates.

MrCelery

Mate is dogshit by all accounts
I switched to Mate and it's been flawless. Very happy. My phone coverage is much better than before (TPG) and my FTTH is super fast and has never had a glitch. Their after sale support, not that I've need much, is very good too. Nice to be speaking with a local Aussie, not someone in Asia.

ps. The Bring a Mate offer was well utilised and worked fine.

turbo

. Optus certainly wouldn't fancy your appraisal then ... switched to Mate for the mobiles this season and it has been far superior
I see their mobiles use Telstra's network so that makes sense. For NBN they're a reseller and the network they leverage doesnt have a good reputation. It can still work well for some but you're at the mercy of what others on the same part of the network are doing.

Allreet?

Speaking of sponsors...

Some years back Mrs Alleet? wanted a new car, so I said: You should get a Hyundai.

Why? she replied, I like Mazdas.

Because Hyundai are the A League sponsors and we ought to support them.

I talked her into it, so we went down to the dealership in West Gosford, looked around the yard, and she decided she'd test drive whatever their top of the range SUV was (Santa Fe, perhaps?).

The guy in the showroom could not have been less interested. He eventually found a set of keys for us and sent us on our way. And after ten mins or so, Mrs A decided she liked the car and would get one.

We went back to the store to be greeted with further indifference. The bloke had no social skills at all - let alone sales skills - in fact, he seemed like someone who'd just got out of prison and was being given a chance by his brother in law. A chance he didn't want...

We literally tried to help him sell us a car but he wouldn't take Yes for an answer. Bizarre.

A week later, Mrs A had a new Mazda.

Tevor

I was all for giving them a go and some benefit of the doubt, unfortunately that's been proven many times over to be a massive mis-judgement. They seem like they're on a better path now but so much damage has been done.

I get the stance but still it seems petty towards the group that's already getting very little for their contribution. Dont be surprised if they sell less of them as a result.

Also my comment was just a general observation, I recently had an interaction where they couldn't deliver my mber order so I lost the credit outright and for the postage cost they would only refund by transfer, apply it to a champions shirt, not towards any other champions item. It just felt unnecessarily rigid and unhelpful. Had other issues accessing the mber stuff earlier and it was out of their hands even though its part of a package they sold. Had issues getting my kids memberships added under mine. None of that is going to drive me away from the club but why make it more unpleasant for people to give you money? In tough times you want to nail that side.
I appreciated your positivity and give them a go stance early on, made me re think my doom and gloom view of the APL. Wasn’t hard to question every move they made once P- and Keepup was produced. It was only heading one way.

It’s truly shocking the position they are in now. RP was telling me in Oman he isn’t even sure they can dig themselves out of the hole left by good bloke. If they do it will be some very lean years which will test clubs in the next 2 to 4 years. Clubs can cop a bad year but multiple bad years will be a different story. No wonder new buyers are so hesitant.

I want the A Leagues to survive, problem was the ego’s who made up the first board. Need another good season to keep the metrics heading the right way. So people need to buy memberships no matter if they get finals priority in my opinion. Club needs our support now more than ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred