• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

MagpieMariner

Any more news about Baird? I've only seen a handful of posts on here, nothing from the club, no mention of him on matchday.
Is he really gone or going? Will we eventually be told officially?

Muppet

One can hope that after qualification for the second round of the WC has been wrapped up that Josh Rose gets a run at LB. What I saw last night from Zullo was crap. Josh should be given his chance now. Screw Carney.

Roy Law

He's gone. He's not in the squad for this weekend; not listed as injured, not listed as omitted and not listed as unavailable...All the other players in our squad are named.

pjennings

Wikipedia to the rescue!!

On 16 November 2011, Baird joined the Malaysian club, Sabah FA as one of the two foreign players allowed in the 2012 Malaysia Super League. Baird, alongside his fellow countrymen, Brendan Gan signed a two year contract Sabah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Baird_(footballer)

Roy Law

According to the SMH this will free up significant funds - you would hope not as we should never have paid significant money for him! On the other hand any money helps

cbowden9000

388515_256715674377328_156068157775414_654337_501946939_n.jpg

Forum Phoenix

Good.
At best, he lacked nouse.

Buy a creative - enrique/solorzano style import please or bring Duke into the squad. I like blooding youth.

I have feared this whole Baird incident has been why Rosey was not at his best. Just a theory.
But this sort of thing can significant;y effect other players.

Completely agree re Rose for Zullo. Holger may be thinking long term. But we need to get through some more even tougher qualifiers yet, and Rose looks a much better LB defensively than either Zullo or Carney.

Muppet

Wow must have been some fallout for him to be punted. I liked the look of him initially but wondered whether he would fit into the Mariners ethos. Hopefully it continues the no di$kheads policy for the club. I wonder if we got a transfer fee?

Wombat

Maybe his inability as a "professional athlete" was his downfall.

I think it was his inability as a profesional footballer and inability as a striker that cost him. As FCC said...panic buy by the club....ordinary player....let's move on.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
in recent weeks, i think some of us would have seen Kwasi up on the roof at the club in his suit not doing a whole fkn lot, and this game just past , ccm v the jets , Kwas and Porter were up there and Brad wasn't even in a suit....does this mean they are outward bound ??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred