• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

FFC Mariner

I dont think Kennedy is toxic (judging by facebook some of his family are) he is just shit.
Pearce is shit and seems to have issues off the pitch.
Gauci is regarded by better judges than me as awful
Leaves Munford.

Forum Phoenix

If it was me I would be looking for a keeper like Covic to fill a gap for 6 rounds and transition into a coaching role for next year.

I had thought - maybe i should say wished - the same thing.

Except, coming in, Staj couldn’t know the back up keepers are not up to scratch either. Seems unlikely our goal keeping coach is going to say that.

If he’s watched Kennedy and can see his glaring deficiencies, he’d probably be thinking I want to have a look at their number two or even three. That would take some time - hard to truly judge any player based on training... and also rock the boat and be a distraction for him... so unfortunately I don’t see him making a big push to oust our encumbent gun shy clutz sadly, when in six weeks he’ll know if he’s staying and have a much better idea of what’s actually what.

Last edited:

Coastalraider

I had thought - maybe i should say wished - the same thing.

Except, coming in, Stan couldn’t know the back up keepers are not up to scratch either. Seems unlikely our goal keeping coach is going to say that.

If he’s watched Kennedy and can see his glaring deficiencies, he’d probably be thinking I want to have a look at their number two or even three. That would take some time - hard to truly judge any player based on training... and also rock the boat and be a distraction for him... so unfortunately I don’t see him making a big push to oust our encumbent gun shy clutz sadly, when in six weeks he’ll know if he’s staying and have a much better idea of what’s actually what.
If our exisitng coaching staff are serious, this would be a very quick conversation.

Alen -'Why does Kennedy not get dropped more often'?

Monty -'Pearce isn't up to A-League standard'

Alen - 'So lets get someone who is. Why have all of our keepers been average for 5 years?

Monty - 'You would have to speak to the Keeper coach'

Alen 'Wait - your telling me these guys get COACHED - maybe we are looking to fill 2 roles.'

turbo

That would take some time - hard to truly judge any player based on training
surely he would have the facility to go back and watch the games they got a run in (15/12. 23/12, 31/12 for Pearce from what I can see with a quick google check) and form a decent opinion.
I could see Kennedy staying because it's riskier to drop him without a solid candidate to replace him. If we had a better option ready to go Mulvey would have used him. No doubt Monty is across the situation too, can't imagine it hasnt come up enough times.

nebakke

To be honest, why not grab someone from the NPL? The large majority of keepers in NPL 1 are easily up to scratch a-league wise. Why not look at a young keeper like Tom Manos or Anthony Bouzanis. Both who have played at A-league clubs before?

MANOS!!! Just for the 'Hand of Fate' reference!!!

Pirate Pete

If it was me I would be looking for a keeper like Covic to fill a gap for 6 rounds and transition into a coaching role for next year.
We should have got Theo at the beginning of the season. But maybe there was already something between him and MM.
As for Gauci he was on Coast FM at half time of one game. They asked where he thought he could improve his game.
Answer. Shot stopping. You're a goalkeeper FFS. Shot stopping should be what you're good at.

I don't understand the whole drinking alcohol thing when you're a professional athlete. I'm sure 1 or 2 beers are alright or a red with dinner but not going out and getting hammered every time you can. Being clean and healthy would only help your performance.

Doesn’t effect my performance for the 45s each Saturday I constantly remain ordinary regardless

TysonP

This is offset by the risk of not coaching men. Football is still football but recruitment will still be difficult as has no men’s players to bring.

Maybe this is a good thing. Mulvey brought in his mates and players under his agent. This meant we got Cisse instead of Baro (I preferred Baro, personally) and it also meant his agent had power over him because he controlled half of the squad. Staj comes in fresh and can pick/recruit players on merit. Hopefully he ignores anything Monty has to say about current players.

midfielder

Imagine the scenes when tomato and bbq are passed over for sweet chilli or mustard!
Yer but the spice bottles have a lot to offer...and no one is considering them just like the NPL players ...

They maybe smaller but pack a punch... imagine the Garlic spice bottle or the Sage Bottle against Perth Glory...

Antlion

Sacked Matildas coach Alen Stajcic has had his first day on the job after being appointed caretaker coach of the Central Coast Mariners.

His move to the A League comes after a messy split from the women’s national team on January 19.

Stajcic takes on the role in desperate times for the Mariners, who have just one win from 21 games.

He tells Alan Jones the task isn’t as mammoth as it might seem.

“I don’t think it’s a talent issue.

“It really is a confidence issue and that I think we can achieve that in a short space of time.

“I think we’ll start seeing some early rewards.”
https://www.2gb.com/it-really-is-a-confidence-issue-sacked-matildas-coach-ready-for-new-role/

Positive talk, but any talk with Alan Jones is negative - soooo, neutral?

pjennings

To be honest, why not grab someone from the NPL? The large majority of keepers in NPL 1 are easily up to scratch a-league wise. Why not look at a young keeper like Tom Manos or Anthony Bouzanis. Both who have played at A-league clubs before?
I always thought Chris Oldfield looked the goods. However with West Melbourne looking for keepers now he wouldn't need to move if they wanted him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred