• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

Ozhammer

I am happy with the caretaker offer to start with, which is what the club should have done with Moss 5 years ago, rather than the ridiculous 3 year deal Stalder handed him and which ended up costing $500k in compensation, when he proved not up to the job.

I am also happy that Monty will be kept in the fold, as he will be able to provide invaluable intel on the playing group and what needs to change to improve the team’s performance.

If the rumours about him being a hard case are true, I am all for it, as both Okon and MM have been too laid back on the discipline side of things from what I understand and look where that has led us.

Last edited:
Reactions: adz

FFC Mariner

I am happy with the caretaker offer to start with, which is what the club ahould have done with Moss 5 years ago, rather than the ridiculous 3 year deal Stalder handed him and which ended up costing $500k in compensation, when he proved not up to the job.

I am also happy that Monty will be kept in the fold, as he will be able to provide invaluable intel on the playing group and what needs to change to improve the team’s performance.

If the rumours about him being a hard case are true, I am all for it, as both Okon and MM have been too laid back on the discipline side of things from what I understand and look where that has led us.
Hopefully Monty wont be allowed anywhere near the squad

Wombat

Posted this in the squad thread before I noticed this one:

I joked that Staj would bring Kerr with him earlier, but I am happy here’s come in. But mostly bitter sweet.
The caretaker part is slightly annoying but I also understand it. The part I understand most is that he’s very comfortable working in a short amount of time with the Matilda’s. And he’s a proven high quality football coach and this is designed as an injection of life into the club. I’m not overly concerned that he’s never coached men. My biggest concerns are why only for the last 6 weeks? Was it his choice as he has bigger aspirations? Or if it was the clubs choice?, who are we waiting for to be available? Why not trust Staj as the permanent man? And what about the retention of our key players now? Who’s going to be making the moves there? Phelan? The bloke that has his mind firmly on Man Utd? Must definitely be waiting till the end of the season when they’ll all be signed up else where.

I believe we should be entrusting the man with the permanent gig. I mean, what other legitimate managers are available and likely?

Micheal, I really appeciate your posts. You and Turbo are fantastic additions to this forum.
BUT you must be joking with this post??? We are the king of knee jerk appointments...even highly respected peeps like Gatty suggesting Hutcho is the answer FFS.
Our last 4 manager have all been gash and all appointed by pikey on the cheap.
This time....to save the club....we need to get it right.
I think Staj should be great but didnt Vulvey used to be a hugely succesful womans coach as well?

Michael

Micheal, I really appeciate your posts. You and Turbo are fantastic additions to this forum.
BUT you must be joking with this post??? We are the king of knee jerk appointments...even highly respected peeps like Gatty suggesting Hutcho is the answer FFS.
Our last 4 manager have all been gash and all appointed by pikey on the cheap.
This time....to save the club....we need to get it right.
I think Staj should be great but didnt Vulvey used to be a hugely succesful womans coach as well?

Thank you for the compliment. Most of the time I put effort into my posts.

I agree with everything you’ve just said, the next appointment is the biggest in our history. To save us.
As I said I do understand why it’s a caretaker role. Gives the club some time to find a higher credentialed well connected manager. (Most likely British if Phelan is heavily involved) and if it doesn’t work we’re not stuck in it etc etc
And as I also said my biggest concern is key player retention. Tom, Aspro, Pain and Jem. Massive clean out is needed and big players are needed to come in. But the key player retention is just as crucial as you know. So I’m very worried the club will fall asleep at the wheel on this again. I mentioned I believe Staj should already be the permanent man, I probably did jump the gun and should wait a few weeks to see the impact he has. I’m just not sure we can lure a better coach than him on paper.
Also, Hutcho is definitely not the answer.

Michael

Then he would’ve been sacked...
So many have been so quick to throw Monty in with Mulvey. When you’re the managers assistant your one and only job is to be on the same page as your boss. Help convey his instructions and tactics, give occasional second opinions and basically do as your told.
Saying Monty is as shit as Mulvey is like saying Moss was as phenomenal as Arnie when he was the assistant.
Not everyone can have a brilliant boss when they start their apprenticeship.

Ozhammer

Believe me when I tell you Monty has not been the issue this season. MM has been almost 100% responsible for the training programme, which has been lacking in many respects from what I hear, particularly on the defensive side of the game.

If you happen to bump into any of the players in the coming days, just ask them if the level has risen in training this week.

turbo

Stajcic was on sea fm this morning and mentioned he was moving up next week. Everyone is being careful not to say it directly but there seems to be lots of indications it will be a long term gig if nothing major goes wrong in the next few weeks.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Vvxskc.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred