• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

Rising Sun

Is it just the top 2 going through?
There is a never ending series of 2nd chances.

The top 2 go through direct. The 3rd and 4th go into round 4.

Round 4 is 2 groups of 3. The winner of each of those groups qualify.

The runners up in the group get another chance, they have a 2 legged play-off against each other. The winner of the play off qualifies but the loser still isn't done, they go into an interzone play off.

If you have not fallen asleep yet, the interzonal has no less than 6 teams, playing in a seeded knockout tournament where all the games are single leg. The two top ranked FIFA teams get a bye in round 1 and then play the winners of the 2 games between the lowest ranked teams in round 2.to decide the last 2 qualifiers

FFC Mariner

Don't forget Arnie is at the helm, anything can happen.

I think our record against the Saudis isn't that great. Is it just the top 2 going through?
Top 2 and 3rd into a playoff.
Saudis just defended well. In another game we beat them in Sydney and go through.
However....
Arnie

pjennings

Don't forget Arnie is at the helm, anything can happen.

I think our record against the Saudis isn't that great. Is it just the top 2 going through?
I still think we have a couple of problems - particularly RB which no-one has really claimed. But I think with the inclusion of Arzani and Irankunda and (with a bit of luck with his next loan) Garang we have players with an X factor that will help us beat the more defensive teams.

I also think that Arnie has done the best job in qualifying since Pim while he has also developed the squad. Saint Ange, for all his devout followers, only answer was get the ball to Timmy.

FFC Mariner

I still think we have a couple of problems - particularly RB which no-one has really claimed. But I think with the inclusion of Arzani and Irankunda and (with a bit of luck with his next loan) Garang we have players with an X factor that will help us beat the more defensive teams.

I also think that Arnie has done the best job in qualifying since Pim while he has also developed the squad. Saint Ange, for all his devout followers, only answer was get the ball to Timmy.
You forgot Niz. Best passer of the ball since Breschiano

Melange

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a devout follower, but I think Ange is by miles the best coach we've had this century. His style of play often saw us dominate teams but highlighted how average our strikers were. Timmy would often come on and save us after the kids missed shot after shot.

Arnie has had success, no doubt. But I haven't seen any progress in how we play and I rarely see us dominate any opposition except the lowest ranked. I don't know if his tactics are too rigid. The midfielders and fullbacks are regularly dispossessed and seem to lack passing options. His pursuit of foreign players is cringeworthy and in a few cases has blocked younger Australian players development. He was ruthless with Langerak but continues an embarrassing public pursuit of Volpato. My list goes on and on with Arnie.

In short and keeping the argument to team performance, Ange gave us a much better chance to win any game we played.

Spacks

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a devout follower, but I think Ange is by miles the best coach we've had this century. His style of play often saw us dominate teams but highlighted how average our strikers were. Timmy would often come on and save us after the kids missed shot after shot.

Arnie has had success, no doubt. But I haven't seen any progress in how we play and I rarely see us dominate any opposition except the lowest ranked. I don't know if his tactics are too rigid. The midfielders and fullbacks are regularly dispossessed and seem to lack passing options. His pursuit of foreign players is cringeworthy and in a few cases has blocked younger Australian players development. He was ruthless with Langerak but continues an embarrassing public pursuit of Volpato. My list goes on and on with Arnie.

In short and keeping the argument to team performance, Ange gave us a much better chance to win any game we played.
Any international headcoach would have pursued him it would be stupid not to, it's not Arnie's fault Volpato dogged Australia.

Melange

Any international headcoach would have pursued him it would be stupid not to, it's not Arnie's fault Volpato dogged Australia.
No problem pursuing him, but he either wants to play for Australia or not. Arnie keeps banging on about Aussie spirit and how unique we are, never say die, bleed for the shirt. Volpato doesn't seem to be committed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred