• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Storm v Manly

rosko

My belief of what really killed the NRL off on the Coast, remembering that Im a Manly supporter, is when Manly came out and told everyone that they intended pulling the Northern Eagles back to Brookie after they had secured enough funding from seat sales at Gosford. Up until that time, the support for the Eagles had been growing. When Manly came out with that statement, the Coast supporters, me included, turned their backs on the Eagles. It is hard to believe that the NRL still uses the example of the Northern Eagles as a reason not to support an NRL team on the Coast. Bad luck to them... The Mariners are here, and support continues to grow. I am a proud Mariners supporter, I will only go to an NRL game if my kids beg me to take them, yet I try to never miss a Mariners game....

Go you mighty Mariners.... WE have our OWN team in the Grand Final of a National Competition and are going to compete on an even greater level in Asia....

The NRL cannot even go close to offering what the 'WORLD GAME' can....

:pirashoot:                                      :pirashoot:                                    :pirashoot:

adz

Staff member
rosko said:
My belief of what really killed the NRL off on the Coast, remembering that Im a Manly supporter, is when Manly came out and told everyone that they intended pulling the Northern Eagles back to Brookie after they had secured enough funding from seat sales at Gosford.

That plus they moved the team before the stadium was even built... wtf were they thinking? They had no home ground for a year.

Jesus

Jesus
I think most coasties hate manly. For the obvious socio-economic reasons. Especially with alot of westies moving north to the coast.

They would have done better with any other nsw team moving to the coast in my opinion.

rosko

Balmain had the opportunity to come here too. They knocked it back and Norths took it up. I really hope that the NRL 'never' put a team up here. I would like nothing more than to know that the Central Coast is 'THE' stronghold of Football in NSW...  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Bex said:
I will always have a soft spot for the Eels, since I've been following them for 30 years, but NRL will never get my financial support whilst I live on the Coast (and I've no plans to move). In the meantime, I've become a Mariners season ticket holder, a Marinator, booked a Corporate Suite for the 2nd leg semi and have attended a few games up at Newcastle.

So take that NRL, you're so yesterday its not funny...........

I'm with Bex...hell I was there when Cumberland oval burnt down...I also will have a soft spot for the slippery's but you wont get me any closer than a t.v game...the NRL have shat all over the coast once too often as far as i'm concerned....got to hell Gallop and take your ever increasing group of thugs and a@@@holes with ya

:vhappy: :pirashoot: :vhappy: :piralaugh:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred