• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Storm v Manly

bjw

bjw
2 years ago, after Mariners v Jets home semi final leg (first season) which drew a crowd of 17,800 or something. There was a trial rugby league match a week later between Roosters and someother team (could have been Bulldogs), drew 17,000

Fast forward 2 years. mariners home semi final leg draws a sell out crowd pretty much, and a rugby league trial game with Manly and Storm (grand final replay) draws 5000-8000 tops.... As omni said before, cherrio rugby league

adz

Staff member
didn't go so didn't see the crowd inside the stadium but around the ground it was like one of those pathetic union games last year... at full time about 5 people walked out... you could hardly tell there had been anything on at the ground

rosko

There couldn't have been 8000 there, I drove past on the way home from work, and I reckon at most there was 5000 there..

Jesus

Jesus
Is only a pre-season game, but shit crowd.
Im sure a few people drove from sydney for it, I saw at least one manly car on my way back from sydney

bjw

bjw
Also, families on the central coast would much rather save money, not go to the NRL but instead go to the A-league Final

Mini In Bay 6

rosko said:
There couldn't have been 8000 there, I drove past on the way home from work, and I reckon at most there was 5000 there..

I was there and if there were 8,000 then Bluetounge holds 40,000. Unless they were counting all the comped tickets they didn't get rid off!

The NRL isn't adverse to inflating crowd figures, but FFS it's a pre-season match why would you bother?

Pokes

serious14 said:

Haha....so true.

NRL was rad...back in the days of the Balmain Tigers. Unfortunatley all NRL players seem to do is get drunk, get into fights and make a bad name for themselves. Plus, the game itself has gone downhill....where are all the fights, blood baths and people actually TRYING in a scrum?

Bex

How does the NRL expect to win support this way??? Fair dinkum, I reckon 80% of coasties would have no connection with Melbourne Storm or Manly. In fact, a fair percentage who have moved up from Western Sydney (yours truly for example) would actually hate Manly with a passion and would never support Manly if they were the last team in the universe. And why the hell would I want to support the Mexicans?

As far as I can see, the NRL have totally lost touch with the Central Coast. It seems as though they've made their best effort to alienate us. They rejected Singo's generous bid for an NRL team on the coast (as well as two others at the time including Gold Coast) and then, several months later, the Gold Coast get the franchise handed to them, even though they already had a team that went under. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I will always have a soft spot for the Eels, since I've been following them for 30 years, but NRL will never get my financial support whilst I live on the Coast (and I've no plans to move). In the meantime, I've become a Mariners season ticket holder, a Marinator, booked a Corporate Suite for the 2nd leg semi and have attended a few games up at Newcastle.

So take that NRL, you're so yesterday its not funny...........

rosko

Good on you Bex.. I'm a Manly supporter, have been my entire life... When the NRL and Manly did wrong by the Coast I deserted League... Im a Mariner through and through, have been since Season 1.. Go the Mariners.. Go the A League... Yellow forever..  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Bex makes a good post.  NRL would've had good support here, but they tried their best to ensure it failed.  I firmly believe the NRL is highly corrupt - how else would gold coast get in again?

They try to force Manly upon us under the guise of Northern Eagles, then when that fails (because all coasties hate Manly - and it was NEVER a central coast team but a relocated manly team) they use that to justify ignoring us later on.

To be fair - and we'd want the same - Manly and Storm would be unlikely to get a good crowd.  Manly are still rather hated, and while the coasties with family members playing would have an affinity to Storm (due to their involvement with development on the coast), most couldn't give a toss - you've got a hated team versus an out-of-state team.  Not the best way to drum up publicity.

I've always been a Dragons supporter, still am - but I tell you, I've only been to one game since the HAL began.  There's just no atmosphere at a league match.   

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred