Songs 'N Chants

Big Al

Is he the Key voice on signings? Didn't Anton just say it is now a group discussion/decision? Surely still weighted most heavily to the coach?
Yeah but if you hire idiots who hire other idiots then your are the idiot

while extremely harsh it’s the reality.

We have had an incredibly poor management structure.

Anton is now slowly fixing things and I agree with his pod comments about improvement.

the problem is really is it to late?

we really need to make last week a one off and stay competitive and not fall off the cliff like we do every year.

I see progress but i also see the dire financial side of poor performances gets no fans and with corona etc things could get even worse.

I applaud Mike for stumping up a lot of money but at what point are you throwing good money after bad? If i were his advisors I’d say sell to anyone anywhere.
As a fan i say please don’t do that save our club. He says his trying but the team stinks and no one wants to come watch.

it reminds me of when he said we are competing with the movies as an entertainment program. It’s very true and the irony is that no one wants to watch terrible movies. We are terrible love story no one wants to watch

sorry didn’t notice the thread and it’s way off topic @adz can you maybe move mine and who I replied to

pjennings

I see progress but i also see the dire financial side of poor performances gets no fans and with corona etc things could get even worse.

I applaud Mike for stumping up a lot of money but at what point are you throwing good money after bad? If i were his advisors I’d say sell to anyone anywhere.
As a fan i say please don’t do that save our club. He says his trying but the team stinks and no one wants to come watch.
If I was his advisor I probably would have been saying this for a few years. Funnily enough, now with the change of the HAL ownership structure, the development of Gosford, our continued low status and the real possibility of alternate revenue streams opening up now is probably the time to double down.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah but if you hire idiots who hire other idiots then your are the idiot

while extremely harsh it’s the reality.

We have had an incredibly poor management structure.

Anton is now slowly fixing things and I agree with his pod comments about improvement.

the problem is really is it to late?

we really need to make last week a one off and stay competitive and not fall off the cliff like we do every year.

it reminds me of when he said we are competing with the movies as an entertainment program. It’s very true and the irony is that no one wants to watch terrible movies. We are terrible love story no one wants to watch

sorry didn’t notice the thread and it’s way off topic @adz can you maybe move mine and who I replied to
I'm not quick to assume idiocy, not when lack of resources more readily explains most things I've seen. I don't think Shaun is even remotely an idiot though I agree the management structure has proven wanting, and also agree is now clearly strengthening. But as you say, wrong thread so won't elaborate more here.

style_cafe

Is he the Key voice on signings? Didn't Anton just say it is now a group discussion/decision? Surely still weighted most heavily to the coach?
The constricting thing though is the budget.
Staj needs at least 22 players including 2 keepers just for training purposes.
The top 11 still need quality back up (squaddies) to be able to have a decent training session.
We just don`t have the budget to do that.
Mike is ultimately responsible for that as is Shaun to a certain extent.

its like going to Maccas with $20 bucks to feed a family.
You may get 2 big Macs for you and the missus but the kids have to eat cheeseburgers.