• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Ads

Wow was soft pen. Placed a hand on his back but with zero force or pushing motion.

Really shows you just can’t risk having hands on anyone in the box, even if balancing or guarding.

priorpeter

A sub played in the 20’s before hand and got their 5th yellow so were immediately suspended but were on the bench and played in the first grade game afterwards

Big mistake which could cost us staying up
Big mistake that also shows a massive failing in the systems - Paragalli (the player in question) was already listed on the first grade team sheet, which was submitted before the end of 20s. As a result, wasn’t picked up until after full time in first grade when the referees tried to submit the result, but couldn’t as the system wouldn’t allow them to submit a result with a suspended player.

Interested to know who takes the rap internally for that one, if anyone. Can’t blame Lucas (the first grade coach). Hopefully not a costly point.

Last edited:

priorpeter

The absolute scenes of unbridled joy after Scicluna fired in that pen, and at full time, were beautiful.
Hills got done tonight too and we’re finally out of the bottom 2.
I was commentating Spirit FC v Manly tonight. We got the pen during the half time break of that, celebrated with an ex-academy player’s dad (who just happened to be at Christie Park) when Scicluna fired that in. Huge W.

AJames

Big mistake that also shows a massive failing in the systems - Paragalli (the player in question) was already listed on the first grade team sheet, which was submitted before the end of 20s. As a result, wasn’t picked up until after full time in first grade when the referees tried to submit the result, but couldn’t as the system wouldn’t allow them to submit a result with a suspended player.

Interested to know who takes the rap internally for that one, if anyone. Can’t blame Lucas (the first grade coach). Hopefully not a costly point.
If he wasn’t listed on the first grade team sheet, would that be the game he misses as suspension and be available for selection this week?

If not, then the whole thing seems rediculous especially if teams were entered prior

priorpeter

If he wasn’t listed on the first grade team sheet, would that be the game he misses as suspension and be available for selection this week?

If not, then the whole thing seems rediculous especially if teams were entered prior
Was also suspended for this week.
Sadly, ridiculous yes, but that’s the rule. Double whammy.

Stuartmcateer

Was also suspended for this week.
Sadly, ridiculous yes, but that’s the rule. Double whammy.
I don't know a competition in the world that allows a suspension from the lower grade to be served in the higher grade in the same round.

If it was a red card he couldn't claim the first grade game that day as counting to serving the suspension.

Teams have to count cards and the manager should have gone to the refs before the game and fixed it.

scoober

I don't know a competition in the world that allows a suspension from the lower grade to be served in the higher grade in the same round.

If it was a red card he couldn't claim the first grade game that day as counting to serving the suspension.

Teams have to count cards and the manager should have gone to the refs before the game and fixed it.
At the same time when a player is suspended the system doesn't allow you to put them on the team sheet. So as he was able to be entered into the team sheet it may have been overlooked.

Ironbark

This is a good point too. From now on whenever someone from the 20s gets a suspension they should immediately put their name down on the seniors team sheet and then scratch it off to serve the suspension right then and there

Stuartmcateer

At the same time when a player is suspended the system doesn't allow you to put them on the team sheet. So as he was able to be entered into the team sheet it may have been overlooked.
But the team sheet at the time wouldn't recognise the card as they don't get put in until after the game. So at the time of completion of the sheet the system was correct to allow it.

That's why the club should have been all over it. You know if someone is on card watch.

sydmariner

watching olympic v stgeorge fc .called by the NPL's premier commentator ,pete prior.
olympic are full of ex mariners , notably snake and zigmount .
thinking back to my old NSL days . i still f'king despise olympic 🤣🤣
Tbh they were nowhere near as bad as Sydney United.

priorpeter

watching olympic v stgeorge fc .called by the NPL's premier commentator ,pete prior.
olympic are full of ex mariners , notably snake and zigmount .
thinking back to my old NSL days . i still f'king despise olympic 🤣🤣
Was great to catch up again post-game with Mick Glassock, absolute legend of a bloke and a real shame we passed on him when given the opportunity.

What a strike from Casella to seal it for St George, oh my days

true believer

Was great to catch up again post-game with Mick Glassock, absolute legend of a bloke and a real shame we passed on him when given the opportunity.

What a strike from Casella to seal it for St George, oh my days
the pass to put poon on goal is what i have to go back and have a look at .
that was worldee shite .
casella's strike was top shelf. i think he got a pretty good one for ccm a few seasons back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred